精華區beta MLB 關於我們 聯絡資訊
The Story Of My Life Ivan Rodriguez, JAN 16 2017 https://goo.gl/7K9ZJ5 這篇是Pudge寫在Player Tribune上的文章,他是以年份來記錄他的人生, 我自己爛英文翻一下,希望可以見諒阿XD 有錯或不順的地方也麻煩大家幫忙糾正 ============================================================================== Born: November 27, 1971 I grew up in a small town in Puerto Rico called Vega Baja. It’s out in the country. My mom was a hairstylist back then. My dad, he was an electrician. Our parents worked hard for us. They didn’t make a lot of money. We lived day to day, but we were a family. 出生:11月27日,1971 我在波多黎各鄉下一個叫做Vega Baja的小鎮長大,我母親是個美髮師,我父親則是個水電 工,雙親為了我們非常努力地工作,雖然他們並沒有賺很多錢。生活上捉襟見肘,但我們 是一家人。 1975 I was just a typical kid. For fun, I’d ride my bike in the neighborhood or skateboard. I played basketball with my friends. My parents made sure I tried out every sport I could before deciding on one. Believe it or not, I was a really good volleyball player. 1975 我就是一個很典型的小孩子,我總是為了尋找樂趣騎著腳踏車或是滑板在街區中穿梭。我也 跟我的朋友們打籃球,我的父母盡所可能讓我嘗試各種不同運動直到我決定該在哪個運動花 費心力。信不信由你,我曾經排球打得很好呢! 1976 Growing up, my parents were all about respect. And they were strict. My brother and I knew that when we came home from school, we had to go in and finish all of our homework right away. Then we’d have an hour or two when we could go outside and play. But it was a rule in my house that we all had to be together for dinner. That was mandatory. It wasn’t, One person is eating and then another one comes later. No. It was always 6:30, 6:45, we’d be eating dinner together, as a family. 1976 成長的過程中,父母相當重視我們,同時也相當地嚴格。我的兄弟跟我都知道當我們從學校 回到家的時候,必須趕快完成所有的功課,之後我們才有一或兩個小時的時間可以出去玩, 但是在我們家有一條規則是必須所有人都一起吃晚餐,這非常重要!從來沒發生過,有人正 在吃飯而另外一人姍姍來遲的情景。 總是在6:30或是6:45.我們一家人都會一起吃著晚餐。 1978 I started really focusing on baseball at the age of seven. Pretty much my whole family played baseball, and at the time both my dad and my mom were playing in softball leagues. I loved the game from Day One. I actually used to be a pitcher and a third baseman. That’s how I started. But my dad was my first coach, and he noticed pretty quickly that I had a strong arm. So one day he sat me down and told me, “You are not going to pitch or play third base anymore, you’re gonna be a catcher. And I think you’re gonna be a good catcher.” I immediately started crying. I didn’t want to catch. I wanted to be a third baseman and hit home runs. He said, “You can cry as much as you want, but you’ re gonna catch from now on.” I was eight years old. I cried for about 15 minutes. But from that point on, I was a catcher. 1978 當我七歲的時候我開始專注在棒球上,幾乎我所有的家人都在打棒球,我的父親與母親也 同時在打壘球聯盟,我從第一天開始就熱愛這個運動! 在一開始的時候,我曾經是個投手以及三壘手,但是我的第一位教練也是我的父親,他很快 地注意到我有一條強壯的手臂。 所以有一天他坐下來跟我說:「你不會再當投手或是三壘手了,你要當一個捕手,而且我想 你會是一個好捕手!」,我立刻開始哭泣,我不想接球,我想當個三壘手並且打出全壘打。 「你可以盡量地哭,想哭就哭,但是從現在開始你就要當捕手!」 他這樣對著我說,當年我只有八歲。我哭了大概十五分鐘,但是從那時候開始我就是捕手 1980 Even before I started catching, my favorite player growing up was Johnny Bench. For some reason those Big Red Machine teams were always on TV in Puerto Rico. And as a kid, I loved to watch Bench play. He did everything well, and he wasn’ t all that big. So watching him gave me some hope that I might have a shot. Once I became a catcher, it kind of all made sense why I had liked him so much as a little kid. 1980 在我開始蹲捕之前,我的偶像是Johnny Bench(*1),原因是因為波多黎各的電視常常播著大 紅機器(*2)的比賽。當我還是個孩子的時候我超愛看Bench的比賽,他並不是那麼的強壯可 是他每一件事情都做得棒極了!看著他也帶給我一個我也可以打出一番成就的希望,所以為 什麼我成為捕手之後會像個小孩子一樣熱愛他也是有道理的。 1985 When I was 13, my dad moved me from my hometown to the San Juan Metroplex so I could train at the Raiders Baseball Academy. That’s where all the scouts were. I was on a traveling team, and we played all over the island. We also played some games in the States against American Legion teams. We had a really good team back then. We were very complete — good pitching, good offense, good defense. We’d usually win all those tournaments. 1985 當我十三歲的時候,我爸爸為了讓我可以在Raiders 棒球學校練習就帶著我離開家鄉搬到 San Juan Metroplex。那裏到處都是球探,因為球隊沒有固定主場,我們在島上到處跟其他 球隊打球,我們也在美國本土跟一些美國地區的球隊比賽,我們真的是一隻好隊伍,非常的 完整-好的投手、好的進攻,好的防守,我們真的常常贏下不少比賽1988 Funny story about the day that I signed with the Rangers. I was 16 at the time, and there was a big Prospects Showcase for a bunch of major league teams in San Juan. Sandy Johnson was scouting for the Rangers then, and he was there with Omar Minaya and Manny Batista, who were also scouts with Texas. Luis Rosa, the owner of the baseball academy, had three or four catchers who he was showcasing. The problem for me was that I was last on Luis’s list — fourth in line. Literally. He was focused more on a few other catchers at the time. But Sandy saw me warming up in the outfield — just throwing back and forth — and he asked about me. He told Luis that he wanted to see me before the other catchers there. So I started out as last in the group, but they jumped me to first. And after my first throw down to second base, like as soon as it got to the bag, Sandy turned to Omar and said: “Stop him. I don’t need to see another throw. Don’t let him throw down to second again. Go tell Luis that I want this kid.” He knew there were scouts from other teams there, and he wanted to get to me first. So I went out to the parking lot and signed a contract on the trunk of a car, and that was that. 1988 在我跟遊騎兵簽約的那一天有一個有趣的故事,那時我十六歲,在San Juan有一個大型的大 聯盟新秀測試會,Sandy Johnson是當時遊騎兵的球探,跟他一同的還有Omar Minaya(*3) 以及Manny Batista,他們當時也是德州的球探,棒球學校的老闆Luis Rosa想要展示一下他 旗下的三或四個捕手給他們瞧瞧,但有個問題是···我在Luis的名單裡面是排名第四。那 個時候他確實把焦點都放在其他的捕手身上,但Minaya一看到我在外野熱身的樣子-僅僅是 單純的傳接球,就開始問起我來,他告訴Luis在看其他捕手之前想先看看我,所以本來是在 最後的我,突然順位就跳到第一了,在我第一次快速地把球傳到二壘的時候,Sandy轉過去 對Omar說:「叫他停了,我不需要看其他人傳球了,不要再讓他傳球到二壘一次,告訴Luis 他就是我想要的那傢伙!」他知道其他隊的球探也在場,所以想要第一個拿下我,所以我就 走到球場外的拖車然後簽下了合約,這就是當時的故事。 *1:Jhonny Bench:名人堂成員,1967-1983紅人隊的主戰捕手,拿過新人王以及兩次MVP 連續十二年入選明星賽,拿下十座金手套 *2:大紅機器:辛辛那提紅人隊的暱稱,1970-1976年間以強大的火力稱霸國家聯盟 並拿下兩次世界大賽冠軍 *3:Omar Minaya:曾任遊騎兵球探,期間曾簽下Sammy Sosa以及Juan Gonzalez等知名選手 之後先後擔任大都會以及博覽會的GM -- ───────── ███◢ ████──╮ Rlung Rlung Rlung◢████ \\\\ `VRlung Rlung~~Pika◣▂= ι▋█ ◣】 φ ◥ ◥◤▂▁_ ̄ 灬◢◤ ╰── ▄▃▁_ MacrossΔ ↘▃  ̄● -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.225.73.180 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/MLB/M.1510313779.A.A2E.html
JustinIdiot: 你是不是缺賭本? 11/10 20:00
ChrisDavis: 噓 11/10 20:03
Sechslee: 推推 11/10 20:05
jiaaa1014: 推推 11/10 20:39
pneumo: 翻譯就交給你了 11/10 20:58
cxc66: We lived day to day=捉襟見肘=財務狀況日收入等於日支出 11/10 23:40
ChrisDavis: 感謝 11/10 23:40
※ 編輯: ChrisDavis (36.225.73.180), 11/10/2017 23:40:55
decorum: 我不需要看其他人傳球了 應該是不需要看他再傳球了 11/11 13:55
saiulbb: 謝謝分享 11/12 00:27
Arabica: 感謝,很喜歡I Rod 11/13 17:28