精華區beta Madonna 關於我們 聯絡資訊
MTV NEWS: MADONNA RAW - The Early Years - Act One JOHN NORRIS: Hi, I'm John Norris and this is MTV News Raw. Extended interviews without all the usual editing. Our subject this time is pop superstar Madonna. Madonna once said she and MTV "grew up together," and any trip through our tape library proves it. We're here outside the old club Danceteria, doesn't look much like a disco these days, nevertheless, this is where Madonna first made her mark as a club performer. MTV News recently uncovered two early interviews with Madonna from May of 1984, just as she was hitting big with her first top ten hit "Borderline". MTV: Mark Goodman here this afternoon for J.J. -- I lucked out. Madonna decided to drop by and if J.J. were on the air he would be doing this one. How are you this afternoon? MADONNA: I am really well. MTV: We have been seeing, actually a couple of your videos here for awhile. And people may not be aware although you were born in Detroit, you are a New York resident now, but you wound up going to England to get your first big acceptance. Why do you think...? MADONNA: Well actually, I went to Paris and why did you go there? Is that what you are going to ask me? MTV: I was going to ask why you thought you had to go to Europe first? MADONNA: I didn't think that I had to. It's just that when I first came to New York, I was a dancer and a French record label offered me a recording contract, and I had to go to Paris to do it. So I went there, and that's how I really got in the music business, but I didn't really like what I was doing there so I left and I never did a record there. MTV: You're real influenced by fashion. Fashion is important to you. Do you have fashion influences? Let's say Vivian Westwood. MADONNA: Well, she is one of my favorite designers actually. World's End, that's a great store in England, a great clothing shop. Whenever I go to England that's where I buy all of the clothes that I have. MTV: Are you the designer of your look? The hairstyle, the clothing, everything? MADONNA: Oh yeah. Do you think that someone else could come up with this? (laughs) That's all right, you don't have to answer. MTV: Before we go here, you have this leather jacket. Can we get a shot if she holds up the jacket-can we get a shot? And I kind of like it, its got a lot of graffiti on there and I just wanted to give America a look at this. MADONNA: The front's better, turn it around. MTV: And while we are giving America a look at this, maybe you can explain, What does Boy Toy mean to you? MADONNA: Well its my tag name. It's what I right up on walls. What does it mean? What do you think it means? MTV: Oh you're good at that. Just turn those questions right around. So it's your graffiti name, and you spray it around the walls of New York. It also has a humorous meaning to it, if you know what I mean... MADONNA: I know exactly what you mean. Okay. MTV: You're a relatively new face on MTV, to us. MADONNA: Yes. MTV: Two videos under your belt. MADONNA: Uh huh. MTV: And I must say that they are doing quite well. MADONNA: Yeah, "Borderline" is doing really well. MTV: A surprise at all to you? MADONNA: Well, I knew the second video would do really well. I knew it is really good so I had faith in it already, but I am glad that it's doing as well as its doing. MTV: Well it was kind of surprising and I am glad, it's a good surprise. What are the next video plans for you then? MADONNA: Well, I am working on an album right now with Nile Rodgers, and I hope to release the first single from it the first week of June and I'll do a video to that, yeah. MTV: And how long have you been working on the album? MADONNA: For the last, almost two months. It's almost finished. MTV: Wow! What's it been like working with Nile? MADONNA: Really great, he's a genius. MTV: Really? MADONNA: I have to say it. MTV: Did you contact him? MADONNA: Yeah. Actually, well, my record company did. But as soon as we met, we hit it off really well and thought it would be a great union so... MTV: And it seems to have been. MADONNA: Yeah, it's going to be great. MTV: How has he helped you out over other people that have produced you in the past? MADONNA: We just have really great chemistry, and he understands my musicality. He's a trained musician, and I'm not really. And I don't have, I don't know music terminology, he can just read my mind, so... MTV: Do you think that he really knows how to work with a vocalist per se then? MADONNA: Yeah, he's very sensitive. I think he could work with anyone that's good. MTV: In addition, you're also working on a new record now with Nile Rodgers. MADONNA: Right, I just finished it. MTV: Oh, it's completed? MADONNA: Yeah it's done. It will be out in June as soon as "Borderline" fizzles out. Please, no, I'm really excited about it. MTV: You don't want to say that you want your song to fizzle out? MADONNA: No, no, no. I just want to put something new out. And you can't do that until the other stuff isn't interesting anymore. NORRIS: Of course, as we all know now, the hits just kept coming from Madonna's self-titled debut album, delaying by several months, the follow-up, "Like A Virgin," by several months. When we return, a visit with Madonna at the New Music Seminar. Stick around. Original From:交大機械女王版terissa的文章