精華區beta Madonna 關於我們 聯絡資訊
MTV NEWS: MADONNA RAW - The Early Years - Act Three NORRIS: Welcome back to MTV News Raw, in the fall of 1984, at the first annual MTV Video Music Awards, held right here at Radio City Music Hall, Madonna came down off a wedding cake to debut her new single "Like A Virgin," rolling around the stage with such reckless abandon that the whole world felt like they'd just been touched, for the very first time. Just one day before that now-classic performance, and around the same time she was filming "Desperately Seeking Susan," MTV News spoke to Madonna about her second album, "Like A Virgin" and the rigors of her newfound fame. MADONNA: Well now that I am successful I have a million more things to worry about. Before I was just basically interested in my survival like what I was going to eat and what I was going to wear when it got cold outside and where I was going to live. But now I have to worry about who is ripping me off and is my accountant paying all of my bills and is my lawyer making all of those deals for me and um, you know, boring and mundane things like that. Things I don't want to worry about and I have to invest my money or I'm going to be taxed and you know, I have to find a place and I have to do this and I have to do that. And I have to pay everyone and I have to hire someone to make sure that everyone is doing all of those things and ughhhh!! Well the new album is a lot more grown up than the first album. It's a lot more well rounded style wise. I have two ballads on it. I have never recorded a ballad before, and it's not...my first album was termed a dance record, everything was up temp or dance music. But this one is a lot of different sounds, there's some old stuff that sounds like old Motown. There is some really high energy stuff that maybe sounds more English, more techno. There is a lot of synthesizers. So I think it shows my growth as a singer and as a song writer. I chose to work with Nile Rodgers because I think that he's a genius and I wanted to work with a genius on my record. And I think that he embodies a lot of different styles that I think my music embodies. He's very close to the black sound, I mean funk, I mean the stuff he did with Chic and Sister Sledge and Diana Ross is phenomenal. But he's also made a lot of great pop records with David Bowie and Duran Duran and INXS. So I thought he'd be a great person for me to work with and he's a great musician and arranger. MTV: What made you come to New York? MADONNA: I don't know. When I was five years old I just woke up one day and had this idea that I was going to come to New York. I just had to, so as soon as I graduated from high school I came here. Well I graduated early and I just kind of ran away and came here as soon as I could. MTV: Was there something that you were looking for? MADONNA: Fame and fortune. (Laughs) Yeah. When you are a dancer you can only perform with your body and I think that I had a lot of things to say in other ways besides movement, so that's why I got into the music business. And to me film is just the ultimate. Its just the embodiment of it all. You can do all of it. I mean its captured forever on celluloid. The movie that I am working on is called "Desperately Seeking Susan." It's directed by a woman named Susan Seidleman who did a movie called "Smithereens." And I play Susan and Rosannna Arquette, Aiden Quinn and Robert Joy, and Mark Blum are the other lead characters in the movie and it takes place in New York and it was shot all in New York and little bits and pieces of it were shot in New Jersey. And it's like a murder mystery, comedy romance. Kind of like, old fashioned screwball mystery. And the character I play is sort of like a combination between Judy Holiday and Carole Lombard but you know, from a long time ago. Its funny and light and its been a lot of fun so far but its a lot of hard work. Its a lot different than making records. MTV: How do you feel about acting? MADONNA: Well acting is.. It's just like.. It's another kind of performing. It's an expression, its being honest with your audience, stuff like that. So, to me its just an extension of what I do already, making videos and performing on-stage. MTV: Do you find acting or singing more challenging? MADONNA: Acting. Singing comes a lot more naturally to me. When you make a movie you really have to rely on your concentration because there are people standing all around you with cameras and lights and all sorts of electrical equipment and, and, it couldn't be further away from being like the real thing and you have to ignore everything around you. Everything is shot out of sequence so you really have to pretend that you are somewhere else and try to concentrate and remember how you got to where you are right now. Because a lot of times you shoot stuff that's happened in the actual movie before you, its done, you've done the stuff that happens, to get you to where you are right now. Does that make any sense? For instance, you shoot the end of the movie and you have to work up the emotions for that scene but you haven't even shot all the stuff before that, so its very confusing and it's a lot more of a challenge to me. Also, its new to me so... MTV: Have you learned anything from acting that you can apply to your musical career? MADONNA: Sure. Yeah. Well, the thing that can carry over from acting to singing is just the performance aspect. Losing your inhibitions and being really honest with your audience you know. And, just and letting all sorts of emotions come through. DIRECTOR: Okay here we go -- and we're rolling. Speed -- and -- action! MADONNA & GUY INTERACT IN CAR, MADONNA GETS OUT, AND CUT! DIRECTOR: No, No let's do it again, Madonna gets into car. Madonna from above, quiet please, here we go and rolling... Action! MADONNA: I tried not to open my legs! It's impossible! MADONNA: I don't think that I am using sex to sell myself. I think that I am a very sexual person, and that comes through in my performing. And if that's what gets people to buy my records then that's fine. But I don't think of it consciously that I'm going to be sexy to get people to be interested in me. Its the way I am, it's the way I have always been. If I do get a reaction, I don't get then very often. Every once in awhile I'll get a reaction from another performer who is a feminist. Ummm, a singer and if I do get anything from them I think its really, I think they are just jealous and envious of me. And um, and my reply to them is "that's the choice that I have made. I don't, I mean I'm not going to tell you what to do with your life and your not going to tell me what to do with mine. I enjoy this you know, this is my choice. And I'm bringing, I think that I am bringing happiness to people." So it's as simple as that. I think the world sees images. I mean you build an image for yourself and the world ends up seeing only that aspect of you. Maybe eventually, every person has a, is multi-faceted and hopefully the longer your career goes on the more you can get that out of you, but I can't begin to tell you what the world doesn't see in me right now. There's a million things. What I would like to ultimately achieve I already told Dick Clark on American Bandstand, so I'll repeat it again and annoy everyone who was annoyed before when I said it. I want to conquer the world. (laughs) Okay? Original From:交大機械女王版terissa的文章