精華區beta Math 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《TrySoHard (夢永遠都只是夢)》之銘言: : 1. Does there exist an infinite σ-algebra that has only countably : many element? Let A be an infinite σ-algebra on a space X. Pick an arbitrary point x_1 in X. Since A is an algebra, both A = { B in A|B contains x_1}, A = { B in A|x_1 not in B} 1 0 are nonempty. Since A is infinite, there exist x_2 != x_1 such that either (i) there is some set B in A_1 that contains x_2 and another B' in A_1 that does not contain x_2; (ii) there is some set B in A_0 that contains x_2 and another B' in A_0 that does not contain x_2. Consequently, since A is an algebra, the following four collections are nonempty: A = { B|x_1 in B, x_2 in B }, A = { B |x_1 in B, x_2 not in B }, 11 10 A = { B|x_1 not in B, x_2 in B }, A = { B|x_1 not in B, x_2 not in B }. 01 00 Proceed inductively. Assume that there exists n distint point x_1, ...,x_n such that the corresponding 2^n collections A (i = 0 or 1, j = 1, ...,n ) i_1 ... i_n j are nonempty. Since A is infinite, at least one of the collections contains two distinct sets. Denote the two sets by B* and C*. Now that B* and C* are different subsets of X, there exists x_{n+1}, different from x_1, ..., x_n, such that x_{n+1} is contained in one of B* and C* and not in the other. Say x_{n+1} in B* and x_{n+1} not in C*. Since A is an algebra, after taking intersection of B* with X-C*, we know A = { B in A | x_1 in B } 00 ...01 00 ...0 ╰─n─╯ ╰─n─╯ is nonempty. After takeing intersection of a set in C with a set in A_{00...0}(length=n), we know A = { B in A | x_1 in B } 00...00 00 ...0 ╰─n+1╯ ╰─n─╯ is nonempty. Therefore, by taking union of an element in A_{i_1 i_2 ...i_n} with an element from one of the previous two collections, we know both A and A 1_1,i_2,...,i_n,1 1_1,i_2,...,i_n,0 are nonempty. So we are done with induction. We have the following: There exits a sequence of distinct points x_1, x_2, ... such that for each n and for each (i_1,i_2,...,i_n) in (Z_2)^n the corresponding collection A is nonempty. i_1 i_2 ... i_n In particular, the following kind of collection is nonempty: i th A ↙ , 0 ...0 1 0 ...0 for arbitrary finite length n and arbitrary position i = 1,2,...n. Finally, since A is a σ-algebra, taking countable unions of sets from collections of the previous form makes A i_1 i_2 i_3 .... nonempty, for each infinite sequence (i_1,i_2,i_3,...). This done, the cardinality of A is at least 2^│|N│=│|R│. : 2. Let E be a measurable subset of [0,1]. Let A={ x^1/2 | x is in E }. : Is A a measurable subset of [0,1]? : 先感謝各位解答了 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.32.4.99 ※ 編輯: ppia 來自: 114.32.4.99 (11/23 11:56)