精華區beta NBA 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 NBAGM 看板] 作者: Lyotard (非人) 看板: NBAGM 標題: Re: 籃網代理教頭真可愛 時間: Thu Jan 29 02:02:14 2004 ※ 引述《Lyotard (非人)》之銘言: : 高中畢業後,他選擇就讀當年仍由火爆教頭 Knight 執掌男籃隊的印 : 大,就是為了去印大擔任四年的球隊經理。Frank 跟著這位恩師學了 : 不少東西,也讓心思敏捷的他成為一個在工作上積極幹練、守紀務實 : 的助教幼苗。 ESPN 報導這段過程,其實蠻令人心酸的: After four years as an Indiana University student manager, suffering the endless indignities that must have come with those duties, Frank made an appointment with the coach's secretary to probe him on coaching basketball beyond his graduation in 1992. He came to the office and waited, but Knight had no time for him. Come back tomorrow morning, he was told. And he did. And he waited. Nothing. Same time, tomorrow. Again. Knight had no time for him. And again. And again. For two weeks, this happened. For two weeks, Lawrence Frank waited on Bob Knight, the way he had done for four years by his side. 在印大當了四年的學生經理,在這個職位上必然蒙受了無盡的羞辱, 在 1992 年畢業前夕,Frank 與 Knight 的秘書敲了拜會的時間,希 望 Knight 能指點一下在畢業後如何走向教練生涯的迷津。他到了辦 公室並且耐心等候,但 Knight 始終騰不出時間見他,於是要他明早 再來。然而第二天,他的等待還是落空。然後是第三天,第四天,教 練始終沒有見他的時間。 Knight 就這樣讓他在旁邊等了兩個星期, 就像這四年來 Frank 始終在教練身邊等候著那樣。 Finally one day, the secretary sent him into the coach's office. 終於有一天,秘書將他召進了教練的辦公室。 What can I do for you?" Knight asked him. 「我能為你作什麼?」Knight 問他。 Frank wanted advice. What was his next step? What did he need to do to get into coaching? "Just slow down," Knight told him. "You have a while before you become the next hot John Wooden." Frank 想要一些建議,希望知道自己若要成為教練,下一步該作什麼? 「把步調放慢下來吧,」 Knight 告訴他:「距離你成為下一個伍登 還有很長一段距離。」 ------------------------------------------------------------ 這一路上,有一堆人告訴 Frank「你辦不到」,但他就是這麼一步步 地爬上來了,而且爬得比很多人還要快。對於這樣在過程中處處被人 否定與質疑的親身感受,也成為他在第一場比賽之前精神演講的主旨。 Then he finished by telling the players a story. A reporter had asked Frank how he, a guy who had never played the game at any level, thought he would be able to connect with the best basketball players in the world. One Nets player remembered what Frank said from there as follows: "I didn't give him a very good answer. But then I thought about it after I walked away. And what I realized is: Everyone on this team, at one point in their lives, had someone say, 'You can't do this.'" Frank went around the locker room and pointed out various examples: Kenyon Martin, the stuttering kid who got teased by his classmates; Brian Scalabrine, the guy from the sticks of Washington state; Tamar Slay, who was ignored by all the major basketball programs in college; Jason Kidd, who s upposedly couldn't shoot well enough to be an NBA All-Star. Lawrence Frank? He was just a short, nerdy kid with absolutely no natural athletic talent who until Monday had been one of Byron Scott's assistant coaches. But he was a lot like them, he said, because he overcame people telling him he couldn't coach the best players in the world. And he did it the same way they did: with hard work, dedication and a belief that never wavered. It was that belief, that dedication and that kind of work ethic the Nets have to take into every game. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.216.41.4
bluewalker:一樣借轉籃網板 <(_ _)> 推 218.170.114.1 01/29
mynowitzki:真是熱血又有毅力的Frank 推 61.230.195.252 01/29
Lyotard:請轉 :) (呃我以前說過拜文則砍唷 :) ) 推 61.216.41.4 01/29
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 211.74.96.75