精華區beta NBA 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Turkoglu's Three Wins 3-on-3 in OT PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 9 (Ticker) -- Hedo Turkoglu got his revenge on Eric Snow. Turkoglu's 3-pointer in sudden-death overtime gave the Internationals a 12-9 victory over Philadelphia in the inaugural 3-on-3 989 Sports All-Star Hoop-It-Up at All-Star Weekend on Saturday. Snow, who surprised Turkoglu in winning the Shootaround at the NBA All-Star Jam Session Presented by Fleer earlier Saturday, had three chances to win the game. He missed two jumpers in the final seconds of regulation and a free throw in overtime. The new event replaced 2ball, which was discontinued after three years. This competition still included WNBA players but also had a former player and celebrity on each team, many of whom flashed some hoops skills. The celebrities substituted with the WNBA players. Tom Cavanaugh of the TV series "Ed" played for the Internationals, who got a big boost from former NBA star Sarunas Marciulionis. The Lithuanian scored 15 points in a 25-13 first-round victory over Los Angeles. Cavanaugh scored two points in the final game. "We had fun and I'm very pleased that the NBA invited me to play here, " Marciulionis said. "I'm very happy to meet new friends and I believe this game should go on." "I think we like the way it is, being as we're sitting here," said Cavanaugh, a Canadian. Philadelphia's team featured Snow, former 76ers great Moses Malone, Dawn Staley and Justin Timberlake of *NSYNC. Snow scored eight points, Malone pulled down nine rebounds and Timberlake made a jumper in a 16-8 win over Houston in the opening round. The LA entry featured Derek Fisher of the Lakers, the legendary Magic Johnson and singer Brian McKnight. But its best player was Lisa Leslie, who scored five points. The Houston entry featured Cuttino Mobley, TV analyst Kenny Smith, Tina Thompson and actor-comedian Jamie Foxx, who said Friday his "game stinks" and proved it, missing three 3-pointers and going scoreless. The half-court games were eight minutes of running time. After a team scored, the other team received possession. Defensive rebounds had to be cleared anywhere beyond the 3-point line. FINAL Internationals (Hedo Turkoglu, Sarunas Marciulionis, Ticha Penicheiro, Tom Cavanaugh) def. Philadelphia (Eric Snow, Moses Malone, Dawn Staley, Justin Timberlake), 12-9 in OT SEMIFINALS International def. Los Angeles (Derek Fisher, Magic Johnson, Lisa Leslie, Brian McKnight), 25-13 Philadelphia def. Houston (Cuttino Mobley, Kenny Smith, Tina Thompson, Jamie Foxx), 16-8