精華區beta NFL 關於我們 聯絡資訊
從2010年重新開始四年的BCS contract之中 Rose Bowl的selection將有改變 原本的版本是就算Big-10或Pac-10的聯盟冠軍被選去打冠軍賽的話 Rose Bowl會傾向挑選這兩個聯盟內符合BCS Selection規則的球隊 (Ex. 2007 Ohio State進入冠軍戰 Rose Bowl選擇Illinois) 而在明年的Rose Bowl呢 要是這兩個聯盟的冠軍任何一隊被選去打冠軍賽 另外一個名額將要留給符合BCS Selection的非六大聯盟球隊 也就是大家有機會明年可以看到Boise State, Utah或TCU出現在Rose Bowl啦!! 原文在ESPN的blog如下 但作者似乎覺得對於Big-10有點可惜 畢竟Big-10出產最多的BCS eligible隊伍 Rose Bowl selection change could hurt Big Ten June 2, 2009 8:55 AM Posted by ESPN.com's Adam Rittenberg When the new BCS contract begins during the 2010 season, there's a chance you could see a team like Boise State, Utah or TCU in The Granddaddy of Them All. As first reported by the Atlanta Journal Constitution and confirmed to ESPN.com by BCS administrator Bill Hancock, the Rose Bowl will be required to take an eligible non-BCS team if it loses the Big Ten champion or Pac-10 champion to the national title game. This policy would only take effect once during the four-year BCS bowl cycle. Here's how the policy change works. Let's say USC is selected for the national championship game following the 2010 season. Rather than selecting another Pac-10 team, the Rose Bowl would have to take a non-BCS team if that team is eligible for BCS bowl selection and not headed to the national championship game. So you could have the Big Ten champion against a team from the Mountain West, WAC, Conference USA, MAC or Sun Belt. No teams from those leagues have ever appeared in the Rose Bowl. "It's only going to happen once if it happens at all," Hancock said. The change will open up more opportunities for non-BCS teams to play in these big-time bowls. It also will prevent, at least temporarily, teams that don't necessarily deserve BCS berths from appearing in these games simply because of their conference affiliation. I can't imagine the Big Ten is too pleased about the change. The league has sent more teams to BCS bowls than any other conference, and the Rose Bowl tie-in is a big reason why. When the Big Ten lost Ohio State to the national title game in 2006 and 2007, it still sent a representative to the Rose Bowl. It's a pretty good bet a 9-3 Illinois team wouldn't go to Pasadena under the new policy, as it did in 2007. I'm a big fan of the non-BCS teams and enjoy seeing Utah, Boise State and others routinely go against the big boys. On the other hand, there's not a more tradition-rich game in the country than the Rose Bowl. Though the game has featured three Big 12 teams this decade -- Nebraska in 2002, Oklahoma in 2003, Texas in 2004 and 2005 -- as well as Miami in 2002, it would be odd to see a Mountain West or a WAC team in Pasadena. I could get used to it every once in a while, though I doubt Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany could. It would be interesting to see how a non-BCS team would affect attendance and ratings for the Rose Bowl, which continues to thrive in both areas. -- ██████████████◥████◥██ █╲ \█\ \█\█\█ █\ █◥█ █◣██◥████◥█◣\█ \█ ██ ██◣ █ \███████ ███\\████◥████◥█◣███\\ █◣ █◣ █◣ ██◣ ██ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 98.180.33.142 ※ 編輯: seto 來自: 98.180.33.142 (06/06 14:54)
freesoul:I got to say this changes sucks for us... 06/07 02:16
Phater:這有但書. 第一,四年內最多只會有一次. 第二,球隊必須是 06/07 10:51
Phater:有打BCS bowl的資格 06/07 10:52
Luxti: 每次看這種東西我都覺得在考 GRE 邏輯分析 06/09 01:03