作者parabird (Harry)
看板NY-Yankees
標題[新聞] Villone Remains Option in the Yankees’Bullpen
時間Sun Dec 3 00:01:34 2006
The New York Times
By TYLER KEPNER
Published: December 2, 2006
The Yankees planned to offer salary arbitration to the left-handed reliever
Ron Villone before last night’s midnight deadline, which would ensure them
of receiving a 2007 draft choice between the first and second rounds if
another team signs him.
“He’s a left-hander and he did a good job for us last year,” General
Manager Brian Cashman said.
Villone could accept salary arbitration, but his contract would not be
guaranteed if he did. The Yankees are considering Villone and the veteran
free agent Scott Schoeneweis for an open spot in their bullpen.
Villone, who turns 37 next month, had a 2.01 earned run average through Aug.
1. But he faltered after that, perhaps from overuse, and finished with a 5.04
E.R.A. in 70 games. He threw 80 1/3 innings, his career high as a reliever.
The Yankees did not offer salary arbitration to their other free agents,
including outfielder Bernie Williams, infielders Miguel Cairo and Craig
Wilson, and relievers Octavio Dotel and Tanyon Sturtze.
Under the terms of the new labor agreement, the team can continue to
negotiate with those players, although none are assured of returning.
Williams would be a fifth outfielder at best, and the team has concerns about
Cairo’s durability.
The Yankees have shown interest in retaining Dotel, who pitched only 10
innings after he recovered from elbow surgery.
NEW TICKET PRICES AT STADIUM The Yankees announced their 2007 schedule
yesterday, and the new prices that go with some of their seats.
The team said that 24,000 seats — roughly 44 percent of Yankee Stadium’s
capacity — will have no price increase.
The most expensive seats at the Stadium will cost more next season, although
98 percent of those seats are sold as season tickets. The costliest seat in
the ballpark will be a $400 seat sold on game day on field level in Rows A
through D, in Boxes 1 through 68. Last year, that seat cost $115.
Seats in the bleachers ($12 on game day), the tier reserved level ($20 on
game day) and the tier box level ($42 on game day) remain the same price they
were last season.
The Yankees set an American League attendance record last year with 4,248,067
fans, an average of 52,445 a game.
“We believe that by increasing the prices for the most expensive seats, it
enables us to hold the prices on almost half of the Stadium and continue to
offer attractive discounted ticket opportunities,” Lonn Trost, the Yankees’
chief operating officer, said in a statement.
Individual game tickets are not yet on sale, but the team said that holiday
packages would be available at www.yankees.com starting Dec. 11.
The Yankees will open at home on April 2 against Tampa Bay. The Boston Red
Sox will visit from April 27 to 29, May 21 to 23 and from Aug. 29 to 30. The
Yankees will play host to the Mets from June 15 to 17.
DURHAM STAYS WITH GIANTS San Francisco and Ray Durham agreed to a two-year
contract yesterday that will pay Durham, a two-time All-Star second baseman,
between $14 million and $15 million.
The 35-year-old Durham, a switch-hitter, is coming off his best season in
years. He batted .293 with career highs of 26 home runs and 93 runs batted in
for the Giants. (AP)
PODSEDNIK AND WHITE SOX AGREE Left fielder Scott Podsednik agreed to a
one-year, $2.9 million contract with the Chicago White Sox, avoiding
arbitration.
Podsednik hit .261 with 3 home runs, 45 R.B.I. and 40 stolen bases in 2006,
becoming the fourth player in White Sox history to record back-to-back
seasons with 40 steals.
But the numbers represented a significant drop-off from a year earlier, when
he hit .290 and stole 59 bases, prompting speculation the White Sox would let
him go. (AP)
SHOWALTER JOINS INDIANS Buck Showalter, who was fired as the Texas Rangers’
manager after the season, joined the Cleveland Indians as a senior adviser
yesterday.
Showalter will be in uniform for spring training. During the regular season,
he will help with the club’s player development.
The 50-year-old Showalter has a 882-833 record as a major league manager and
was twice named manager of the year. (AP)
SELIG SAYS HE’S GOING Bud Selig says he plans to retire as baseball
commissioner in three years — and he really means it this time.
“My contract is going to be over,” he said yesterday. “I’m going to be 75
years of age. I want to teach — I’ve already had some great offers — and
want to write a book.”
Selig has said in the last two years that he intends for this to be his final
term as commissioner, but many owners think he can be persuaded to change his
mind. In April 2003, Selig said he would leave at the end of 2006. (AP)
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 211.74.71.39
推 krara:這麼說,明年還看得到天天V 12/03 00:02
推 eilgreen:我不想看到他再像後半季連上連爆 省著點用阿 12/03 00:33
推 eigawa:有天天PBV可以用....Torre真不知道該說他混還是怎樣 12/03 00:36
推 jack810733:有沒有天天系列其實也要看SP的補強呀XD 12/03 09:30
推 ypwang:是啊 這麼多天天系列其實跟先發吃的局數有很大的關係 12/06 02:49