http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2810733
Updated: March 24, 2007, 2:50 PM ET
Associated Press
Yanks put Wang on disabled list with hamstring pull
TAMPA, Fla. -- New York Yankees right-hander Chien-Ming Wang, a 19-game
winner last season, will start the season on the disabled list with a right
hamstring pull.
Wang, who had been under consideration to start Opening Day April 2 against
Tampa Bay, is expected to be sidelined at least a month.
"You're talking late April," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said
Saturday. "You don't want stuff like that to happen, but unfortunately it
does happen. When they happen, you handle it."
Wang was hurt while sprinting Friday.
"I feel one pop, pull," Wang said. "Very sad. I hope it gets better."
Wang will be placed on the disabled list when the Yankees break camp next
weekend. He will remain at the Yankees' spring training complex for rehab.
Cashman said there are no plans to look outside the organization to fill the
roster spot. Candidates include Jeff Karstens and Darrell Rasner.
"We have depth. We have choices," Cashman said. "It's a short-term issue that
you're dealing with. Somebody else will get an opportunity."
Another potential Opening Day starter, left-hander Andy Pettitte, has resumed
throwing after being sidelined Monday by back spasms.
Cashman said he expects Pettitte to be ready for the start of the season.
"I know every day he's feeling better," Cashman said. "Obviously I'd like to
see him back on a mound throwing well. All in due time."
The Yankees also said Saturday that right-hander Jose Veras is expected to be
out two to three months after having bone chips removed from his right elbow
on Thursday.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 210.64.169.197
※ 編輯: parabird 來自: 210.64.169.197 (03/25 03:03)