精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
OAKLAND -- The Yankees' beleaguered pitching rotation suffered another major hit on Sunday, as right-handers Mike Mussina and Carl Pavano were both placed on the 15-day disabled list. Both players were disabled retroactively, with right-hander Chris Britton joining the club from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to help a staff that entered Sunday having played two consecutive extra-inning games at Oakland. No starting pitcher has yet been named to fill the two vacancies in the rotation, though at Triple-A, top prospect Phil Hughes would be on the fifth day of rest if he were summoned to fill in Tuesday against the Indians. Another candidate could be Double-A left-hander Chase Wright, who leads the Eastern League with 19 strikeouts in 14 innings. Mussina strained his left hamstring in the third inning of his appearance on Wednesday at Minnesota, and Pavano was scratched from a scheduled start Saturday due to stiffness in his right forearm. The hurlers join a corps of walking wounded that includes right-handers Chien-Ming Wang and Jeff Karstens, who were expected to be members of the Yankees' starting rotation but suffered injuries in Spring Training and have not yet pitched in the Majors this season. "You just find a way to get through it and deal with these things," Mussina said. "It's unfortunate, but you have to deal with what you have to deal with. Nobody's having surgery, nobody's out for three months. Nobody's having a situation like that. It's a couple of muscle pulls and a strain. It'll be fine." The rash of injuries are especially striking because they involve Pavano, who missed the last 1 1/2 Major League seasons before finally progressing through Spring Training healthy and making two starts for New York this season. "For one reason or another, these things happen," Pavano said. "I've been through this before. I've just got to keep working. We're going to get on top of this, and we'll do what it takes. I'm going to get back out there." Pavano said that his right forearm began to tighten up in the final two innings of his start at the Metrodome on Wednesday, when he logged his first Major League victory since May 2005. He suspects that one of the sidearm throws he made in the contest -- one on a double play of Joe Mauer in the first inning, and another on a pickoff throw to first base -- could have caused a strain in the muscular area between his elbow and forearm. Pavano had been slated to pitch on Saturday at Oakland, but he was pushed back to allow the stiffness time to clear up, with an effort for Tuesday against the Indians in New York targeted. But with Pavano still reporting issues as of Saturday, the Yankees will need to find another starting pitcher for that contest. "It's not where I want to be and not where I need to be," Pavano said. "It just doesn't feel good. It doesn't feel good to have a time like this when guys are going down. I need to be part of the staff, but it's not something that's going to get any better by going out there and trying to be a hero." Both Mussina and Pavano tested their respective injuries early Sunday at McAfee Coliseum, but neither was pleased with the results each received. Mussina performed some light running and briefly attempted to throw off a mound, but he stopped himself; Pavano performed long-toss and never even took the bullpen rubber, concerned that revving up his pitch velocity might cause further discomfort to what he believes is a muscular issue. "I was going to take a shot and just go out there, and see if I got up on the mound and it loosened up," Pavano said. "It hasn't been responding the last three or four days the way I'd like it. Sometimes, a little bit more time would have taken care of that, and we gave it that little bit extra time. It's just not good enough." Mussina said that he is able to play catch and throw, and all things considered, he believes his situation could have been a lot worse just four days after suffering the initial injury. As a right-hander, the left leg affects Mussina's ability to stop, as he delivers on the mound's downward plane. Mussina said that if the situation progresses as much in the next four days as it did in the previous four, he would be in good shape. "It's smarter to get rid of it and then go pitch," Mussina said. "We'll take our time and go do it right. If I can improve this much in the next four days, I'll feel pretty good. "I don't want to come back to the beginning. I've made a lot of improvements. I don't want to start over." 小王趕快回來唄! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.70.79.67
unicotexalex:= = 04/16 04:45
krara:Pavano…… 04/16 04:47
kauw:CASHMAN 不要心存矯倖 SP五人中過去幾年有四個有傷痛隱憂.. 04/16 05:00
kauw:老師的 火箭人還不快回來..紅襪沒你的位置 洋基缺人.. 04/16 05:04
guesthiphop:再糟也不過如此了... 04/16 05:12
jw219:opps.... 04/16 05:19
fourmemory:= = 04/16 06:20
jayin07:Excellent ofense, No pitching, no bullpen 成真了嗎xD 04/16 06:47
jayin07:http://0rz.tw/d02l5 04/16 06:47
newbornme:火箭回紅襪沒位置?哈哈。 04/16 06:52
webberhan:該來的總是會來,也許體訓員真的有問題,不過歲月不饒人啊 04/16 09:26
aultra:bullpen沒這麼不堪吧 只是現在連rotation都湊不滿五個人 04/16 09:39
aultra:真的是有點糗 看來Karsten和Wang頂多只能再投一場rehab了 04/16 09:39
Boyzone:蜀中無大將宅男當先鋒 04/16 09:40
azukikao:"X的!"然後我開始狂笑耶! 感覺好好笑喔!!!XDDDDDDDDDD 04/16 09:45
coke750101:該不會以後比賽有自動認輸的Torre:我們沒先發投手 認輸 04/16 09:51
asdfzx:Crazy... 04/16 10:47
kauw:有沒有比前年KB WRIGHT PAVANO掛點慘?MAY REDDING這種小卡 04/16 10:46
kauw:都拿來用了REDDING: 穿上洋基制服雖死無憾, 結果被紅襪痛宰 04/16 10:47
shuizi:看A-rod投打大爆發的機會來了嗎XD 04/16 10:49
Pettitte70:Pavano到底是怎樣..沒事就手臂痛..@@??? 04/16 11:00
Pettitte70:上次先發不是還蠻正常的...=.= 04/16 11:01
Pettitte70:農場裡還有人能支援嗎...=.+ 04/16 11:01
asdfzx:只好強拉大帝上來了...囧rz 04/16 11:07
Ye11owRiver:老克要被襪迷羞辱,確實有的是位子 :p 04/16 11:14
jason0925:季初還覺得洋基今年先發的深度補強還不錯說.. 04/16 11:59
jason0925:結果開季才打了10場,先發群就掛掉一半...還真慘Q__Q 04/16 12:01
kauw:深度是夠 實力也夠 問題要把身體建康考慮進去 04/16 12:05
kauw:PAVANO根本不可靠 MOOSE又老了一歲囉 04/16 12:06
sandyfanss:休斯大帝,期待中 04/16 12:07
star8726:PAVANO明年還有球隊會要他嗎? 04/16 12:47
Poleaxe:該痛的果然還是要痛 = =+ 04/16 12:57
babymilkiss:實在是很無言 04/16 16:21
sHeNyEn:永遠的no pain no gain 04/17 04:16