作者richardcyl (more)
看板NY-Yankees
標題[外電] No decision yet on Clemens' next start
時間Sat May 26 01:44:12 2007
05/24/2007 9:44 PM ET
No decision yet on Clemens' next start
- Rocket plans 'aggressive' bullpen session on Friday
By Bryan Hoch / MLB.com
NEW YORK -- A day after Roger Clemens' second Minor League start, Yankees
general manager Brian Cashman said Thursday that the club has not yet decided
if the Rocket will make his next start in the big leagues or Triple-A.
Cashman said he expects to speak to Clemens at some point Thursday evening.
The club wanted to wait a full day after the start to see how Clemens' body
responded.
"I talked to Roger after the game," Cashman said. "Our people all feel that
he's going in the right direction. But beyond that, I wouldn't comment."
Clemens said he was going to throw an "aggressive" bullpen session on Friday
to prepare for his next start, whether it's in Toronto on Tuesday for the
Yankees or Monday at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre against Toledo.
Citing several unnamed Yankees officials, The Associated Press reported that
there is a good chance Clemens will be sent to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, which
would line up the seven-time Cy Young Award winner to make his 2007 debut on
June 2 or 3 at Boston's Fenway Park.
Earlier in the day, Double-A Trenton announced a roster move that transferred
Clemens to the Triple-A roster, but a Yankees official said that the
transaction was more of a "paper move" to allow Trenton to reactivate
left-hander Zach Kroenke, who surrendered his roster spot for Clemens.
Friday's session can't be held at Yankee Stadium, because Clemens isn't on
the Yankees' 40-man roster. Cashman wouldn't say if the session would be at a
Yankees facility or not, but if so, it could be at Trenton or Staten Island.
While there has been speculation that Clemens will rejoin the rotation once
he deems himself ready, Cashman made clear who will set the timetable.
"It's our call," Cashman said. "We'll take Roger when he's ready. But
obviously that decision will take place after we have a chance to talk to
him."
Andy Pettitte will start Monday in Toronto, keeping the southpaw on his
regular rotation.
Clemens threw 102 pitches -- 64 for strikes -- over 5 1/3 innings for
Double-A Trenton on Wednesday. He allowed three runs and six hits over 5 1/3
innings, walking four and fanning five.
In his first start, he gave one run on one hit over four innings for the
Class A Tampa Yankees. Clemens signed a one-year, pro-rated $28,000,022
contract on May 6 and began his workouts at the University of Kentucky campus
before beginning his Minor League tour of duty.
老克在前天(5/23,星期三)投完第二場小聯盟熱身賽之後,
星期四休息了一天,但是他仍然還沒有決定自己的下一步是如何。
目前的計劃是他要在星期五進入牛棚做更為積極的練習,
這次的練投可能會是為5/29在多倫多主投對藍鳥三連戰的第二場,
或是為了在5/28登板主投3A的比賽;
如果是後者,那就有很好的機會為老克於6/2或6/3登板面對紅襪隊之戰鋪路。
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 61.229.1.140
推 eric2003002:老克加油 第一場給老東家一個顏色瞧瞧 05/26 01:45
推 Pettitte70:老克回來是要插誰的位置呀 De Salvo|?? Clippard?? 05/26 01:49
→ bonjou:de salvo吧 有聽說 05/26 02:00
→ bonjou:老克說他準備ok 身上也不會痠痛不舒服 05/26 02:00
→ bonjou:球評意見:認為他還沒準備好XD 05/26 02:01
※ 編輯: richardcyl 來自: 61.229.1.140 (05/26 02:03)
推 birdy590:我覺得老克還可以再多練一場, 給小朋友多一點測試機會 05/26 04:38
→ birdy590:現在就決定要拉 DeSalvo 或是 Clippard 似乎有點難 05/26 04:39