精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://0rz.tw/a32ND Farnsworth frustrated after getting hook Saturday, June 30, 2007 BY ED PRICE Star-Ledger Staff NEW YORK -- Kyle Farnsworth has almost as many temper tantrums in the last week (two) as 1-2-3 innings this year (three). Farnsworth came out of last night's 2-1 Yankees win with two on and two out in the eighth. He left the mound before manager Joe Torre even arrived from the dugout and then slammed his glove to the dugout floor before he got to the top step. Asked about his actions after the game, Farnsworth said, "I'm not going to talk to you guys," and stormed off. As reporters waited to give Farnsworth another chance to explain himself, a Yankees spokesman said Farnsworth "didn't care" and would not give an interview. Torre indicated he had a chat with Farnsworth after the game. "He was upset, but he has to understand it shouldn't be an embarrassment when you bring Mariano Rivera in (from) the bullpen," Torre said. "I like the way 'Farnsy' went after it tonight. ... It was basically the men on base that made me do it and not that I didn't like the way he was pitching." After lasting just one-third of an inning June 24 at San Francisco, Farnsworth was shown on TV slamming a bat against the dugout wall. Farnsworth -- in the second season of a three-year, $17 million contract -- has a 4.88 ERA, with 36 hits allowed, 16 walks and 21 strikeouts in 31 1/3 innings over 34 appearances. The Yankees have only mild interest in Shea Hillenbrand, designated for assignment yesterday by the Los Angeles Angels. One reason they won't get Hillenbrand "unless he falls in (our) lap" -- as put by a Yankees official who requested anonymity because of tampering rules -- is the Yankees are still waiting to see if Andy Phillips can help out at first base. Phillips last night got his third start since being called up June 19, going 0-for-3 with two strikeouts. The Yankees decided to give up on Josh Phelps because they wanted to see if Phillips could provide production at first base, so they see no reason to give up anything in a deal for Hillenbrand while they haven't found out about Phillips. Torre said Phillips got the start last night because he homered Thursday. But Torre intends to continue to play it by ear between Phillips and Miguel Cairo. The Yankees aren't interested in giving up anything for Hillenbrand but might be tempted to take a flyer if he clears waivers. Meanwhile, Doug Mientkiewicz -- who started at first base in 36 of the team's first 53 games before suffering a broken bone in his right wrist -- hopes to be back in early August. Kevin Whelan, acquired from Detroit in the Gary Sheffield trade, has been sent from Double-A Trenton to Class-A Tampa to work on his fastball command. The Yankees still see Whelan -- who had 25 walks and 40 strikeouts in 31 innings for Trenton -- as a reliever, but he is starting for Tampa to give him a chance for more side work. In two starts for Tampa, he has four walks, five strikeouts and a 6.00 ERA in six innings. Jason Giambi, out with a torn plantar fascia in his left foot, said he will have a CT scan next week to check on his recovery. ... Among the players scheduled to take part in the July 7 Old-Timers Day ceremonies are Yogi Berra, Paul Blair, Chris Chambliss, Whitey Ford, Oscar Gamble, Rich "Goose" Gossage, Reggie Jackson, Don Larsen, Don Mattingly, Bobby Murcer, Graig Nettles, Mickey Rivers and Mel Stottlemyre.... Fourteen-year-old Luis Urueta of the Boys and Girls Club of Lodi will be honored at the All-Star Game as one of six regional winners of baseball's S.T.A.R. award (Sportsmanship, Team spirit, Achievement and Responsibility). The Associated Press contributed to this report. -- 這個記者不怕生命會有危險喔 被放肆火嗆...-_-" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.232.147.28