作者gerkk (小懶熊的寶貝老公)
看板NY-Yankees
標題[新聞] Notes: Cano an option at third base
時間Fri Nov 2 11:12:19 2007
NEW YORK -- General manager Brian Cashman said on Thursday that he would
consider moving Robinson Cano from second to third base should the search for
Alex Rodriguez's successor prove fruitless through free agency. The two spoke
directly about the subject when Cano visited Yankee Stadium on Wednesday.
"I was playful with him, but I informed him that I know he can play third
base," Cashman said. "I know it. I'm not saying that he's going to, but I
know he can do it."
Cashman's conversation with Cano was lighthearted, and he repeatedly
expressed his desire to keep Cano at second if at all possible. But it was a
conversation, nonetheless.
Cashman joked that if Cano wants to keep his spot at second -- and he stated
earlier this week that he does -- then he should encourage countryman Wilson
Betemit to train into peak shape this winter. Right now, Betemit is tops on
the depth chart at third base, though that could certainly change.
And Cano certainly has incentive to keep his name off the list.
"I feel so comfortable at second base that right now I don't want to play
third base," Cano told Sirius Satellite Radio on Monday. "That's something
that I don't want to do."
All the speculation would become moot if the Yankees can find a suitable
replacement through free agency. Yet the problem remains that this year's
market doesn't hold a glut of capable offensive third basemen.
Aside from A-Rod, whom the Yankees have insisted they won't pursue now that
he's opted out of the final three years of his contract, only one free agent
-- Boston's Mike Lowell -- jumps off the page. But thanks to a performance
this season that culminated in a World Series MVP, Lowell will certainly draw
continued interest from the Red Sox, who will have the inside track as his
former team.
So if the Yankees can't improve through the market, logic says they would
have to look internally. But perhaps not. If Cano moved to third base, they
could then pursue a second baseman through free agency. There aren't a host
of top-flight second basemen available -- Luis Castillo of the Mets and Kaz
Matsui of the Rockies head the list -- but second base is a position more
readily defined by defense than offense. The Yankees may be more willing to
take an offensive hit there than they would at third.
But moving Cano from second base, at least for now, remains a last resort.
"He's a very talented kid, and because of the offense that he provides at
that position, I think it's in our best interest to leave him right where
he's at," Cashman said. "But I do know he can play [third base]. I don't
doubt that. He's a quality athlete and I know that's something he's capable
of doing."
http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071101&content_id
=2290606&vkey=news_nyy&fext=.jsp&c_id=nyy
後面是一些球員的近況 (Joba 松井 ...)
Cano 守三壘 ?
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 61.64.47.64
→ siliver:其實這也是個方案拉,對小Q來說算是升級?? 11/02 11:13
推 tseng1978:那二壘誰守...? 11/02 11:14
推 magickevin:跑三壘幹嘛=_=.... 11/02 11:16
推 willy77229:從FA裡找吧 畢竟2B比3B的選擇多 11/02 11:16
推 jackselina:三壘靠腕力傳到一壘 一定很屌 XD 11/02 11:16
推 qk123:個人覺得這不什麼好方法:1.要找有棒子的3B比2B容易,2.Cano 11/02 11:15
→ qk123:的二壘守備頗有進步 11/02 11:17
推 birdy590:看看今年的 FA, MI 也沒啥好貨... 還要冒變更守位的風險 11/02 11:17
推 redsnipertd:下下策 11/02 11:19
推 jackselina:不要動給蝙蝠俠撐一下也好 投手補齊 阿布找回砲管 大吉 11/02 11:19
→ jackselina:恢復身手 明年也不會太差 撐過明年又可以砸錢了 XD 11/02 11:20
推 peterwu4:二壘->三壘 最後才能到ss啊 這是隊長的歷練之路 (小誤) 11/02 11:27
推 gerkk:大吉 ? 其實明年最擔心的就是大吉跟老穆 11/02 11:32
推 jackselina:只能祈禱他們知道明年是合約年囉~~~ XD 11/02 11:35
推 ckl1012:直接拉到SS不更好嘛...XD 11/02 12:07
推 jackselina:SS阿肉都擠不到了 cano 怎麼可能搶得到~ 11/02 12:43
推 jackoop:好不容易有個還不差的2B 硬要丟到3B去降低價值就是 11/03 01:22