精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Yanks, A-Rod close to multi-year deal New contract would pay slugger as much as $290 million By Barry M. Bloom and Bryan Hoch / MLB.com NAPLES, Fla. -- The New York Yankees are getting close to re-signing third baseman Alex Rodriguez to a multi-year contract that would pay him as much as $290 million, multiple baseball sources told MLB.com as the owners gathered here Wednesday for the final quarterly meetings of the year. Though one source cautioned that the Yankees "don't have a deal yet," the possibility of it happening was the main topic of conversation as committees met on Wednesday in preparation for Thursday morning's joint session of the 30 owners and/or their representatives. The news came only hours after Rodriguez confirmed making direct contact with the Yankees with the hope of reviving his future in New York. In a statement posted on AROD.com, Rodriguez's official Web site, he said that he had spoken directly with the Steinbrenner family and is taking part in continuing dialogue with the club. "After spending time with [wife] Cynthia and my family over these last few weeks, it became clear to me that I needed to make an attempt to engage the Yankees regarding my future with the organization," Rodriguez said. "Prior to entering into serious negotiations with other clubs, I wanted the opportunity to share my thoughts directly with Yankees ownership. We know there are other opportunities for us, but Cynthia and I have a foundation with the club that has brought us comfort, stability and happiness." Randy Levine, the team's president who is in town for the meetings, declined to comment on the Rodriguez situation, saying only that he didn't want to "negotiate in the press." But a baseball source at the meetings with knowledge of the negotiations said that the Yankees now have an open dialogue with Rodriguez. The source also denied a report published on Wednesday that the Yankees specifically told A-Rod that they would not negotiate with Scott Boras, his agent. The source added that Rodriguez "reached out" to the Yankees, but that the team has "no right to tell anyone who should represent" any player. A team, of course, can talk directly with a player as long as it doesn't try to circumvent his representation. The Padres did just that last week with right-hander Greg Maddux, another Boras client, when the San Diego club and pitcher came to a verbal agreement on a one-year extension to his contract worth $10 million. The paperwork on the deal, said Padres general manager Kevin Towers at the time, was being handled by Boras. Citing his comfort in New York, Rodriguez confirmed that he approached the Yankees through a third-party intermediary. "I reached out to the Yankees through mutual friends and conveyed that message," Rodriguez said. "I also understand that I had to respond to certain Yankees concerns, and I was receptive and understanding of that situation. "Cynthia and I have since spoken directly with the Steinbrenner family. During these healthy discussions, both sides were able to share honest feelings and hopes with one another, and we expect to continue this dialogue with the Yankees over the next few days." The Yankees are apparently unconcerned that Rodriguez's overture could be a ploy to generate interest in the 11-time All-Star and probable 2007 American League MVP. While most clubs would love to add a player of Rodriguez's magnitude, teams with the financial wherewithal to realistically do it this offseason have proven scarce. hot stove Complete coverage > Even the Players Association released a statement last week saying it was concerned that teams were colluding against Rodriguez by sharing monetary information about his status, a strict abrogation of the Basic Agreement. The Yankees originally backed away from Rodriguez after Game 4 of the World Series when Boras delivered word that Rodriguez had opted out of his contract and forfeited the remaining three years and $81 million on his deal. At the time, Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner dismissed talk of pursuing A-Rod, saying, "It's goodbye." Yankees general manager Brian Cashman reiterated numerous times that the Yankees could not fiscally pursue Rodriguez if he opted out, citing the loss of a $30 million subsidy the Rangers agreed to pay when the Yankees acquired him prior to the 2004 season in exchange for second baseman Alfonso Soriano. In fact, the makeup of the new deal, if it is signed, will probably have Rodriguez forgoing that money at the front end while the Yankees pay more per annum at the back end of the deal, a practice the club favors in its long-term contracts. Rodriguez, 32, is the clear-cut favorite to be named AL MVP when the award is announced on Monday. It would be Rodriguez's third time bringing home the honor in his career, and the second in four seasons as a member of the Yankees. Rodriguez led the Major Leagues in home runs (54), RBIs (156) and runs scored (143) in 2007, batting .314 with 24 stolen bases while helping the Yankees dig out of an early hole and attain the AL Wild Card before falling to the Indians in the AL Division Series. He also clubbed his 500th home run on Aug. 4 against the Royals, becoming the youngest player in history to reach that mark. Barry M. Bloom is a national reporter for MLB.com. Bryan Hoch is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.228.157.98
jackselina:又變成290M? 11/15 10:07
Tzylu:又變多一些? XD 不過最後是多少不重要 留下來就好 11/15 10:08
MurphyWu:如果把Mo和派派也簽回來,就證明今年冬天是一場鬧劇XD 11/15 10:08
scarad:嘿 先引你上鉤 在越陷越深..... 11/15 10:10
tnarthur:果然交易這種東西就是比誰心機XD 11/15 10:14
scarad:Bora$:如此...這般..如此..這般.. 11/15 10:19
m50blue:醒了 就看到這個= = 11/15 10:25
Quintina:阿抱歉啦現在是確定290M/10y 簽下神了嗎@@!? 11/15 10:25
KINGTIGERX:290M/10y的話 真的太凱.... 11/15 10:32
WenliYang:.............. 11/15 10:34
stupid324:沒有條子付錢,290M/10y真是凱阿!! (又可以看神比賽了) 11/15 10:35
hiro1221:Arod不逃脫的話搞不好可以拿更多 11/15 10:42
mjfang:把米高卡布挖來當一壘手吧... 11/15 10:42
kenro:弄到最後結果走得只有托爺幫教練團...XD 11/15 10:42
cannas:現在就是希望派帥能簽回來.. 11/15 10:49
keppel:這到底是什麼情況...洋基的信譽從此垮台 11/15 10:52
YHank:我好像...有點開始討厭洋基了 囧 這是怎樣.... 11/15 10:57
YHank:以後A-Rod打不好被酸 我想就只能說他是自找的了... 11/15 10:58
osck:也許不包含神要還洋基21M吧~ 11/15 11:01
sam105251:自找什麼..他對不起你什麼 11/15 11:01
kenro:阿肉出去喊價好像也不太順利 聲大雨點小..乾脆自己跑回來談 11/15 11:00
Tzylu:球團的立場本來就是戰力越強越好 有最好的球員可簽為啥說不 11/15 11:07
leocheng:真的簽回來也好啦省得搞其它的交易 只是10Y=.=後面當送的 11/15 11:07
webberhan:幹嘛留他 11/15 11:10
webberhan:明年開幕不知道會不會被噓 11/15 11:10
lwei781:可能290M - 21M ~= 275M 那..... 11/15 11:12
mdbbd:洋基自己口嫌體正直 把話說死 說FA就掰掰 不給自己留後路 11/15 11:14
promessa:撇開兩邊放話造成的不愉快,理智上簽他對洋基是利多啊 11/15 11:12
mdbbd:這感覺有點糗.. 11/15 11:14
dracla:洋基這樣也沒很糗啊 11/15 11:15
promessa:不留的話明年才慘吧,不一定簽得到人能捕洞、hr、打點 11/15 11:15
viro72:希望不要放棄補強3B 讓AROD回SS JETER到1B可以掩蓋他左邊 11/15 11:18
viro72:防守差的缺點XD 不過..這應該不可能= =" 11/15 11:18
WellyT:總覺得A-rod會不會是利用洋基炒價錢~~~~ 11/15 11:19
YHank:我不會酸他,但是如果他被酸,我會覺得酸有應得... 11/15 11:20
jujang:其實這一切都是經濟人搞的鬼吧(我猜).阿肉本人並無轉隊之意 11/15 11:20
promessa:糗的話是還好,A-Rod降價回來,給洋基一個台階下,洋基拿到 11/15 11:18
promessa:面子(台階)又拿到裡子(降價),也沒多糗 11/15 11:21
promessa:糗的是A-Rod,沒面子又少賺錢之前又放,其實他能先擺低姿態 11/15 11:22
promessa:降價,應該要稱讚他才對,有多少明星拉的下臉呢? 11/15 11:23
mdbbd:怎麼不說酸的人家裡還愛買臭酸貨 真是被虐狂 一體兩面吧 11/15 11:23
promessa:反正一個拿到長約一個拿到3壘大砲,也算各取所需啦 11/15 11:25
mdbbd:其實能延長到10年 裡子沒裡子是A-Rod賺吧 11/15 11:25
YHank:降多少...如果條子給的加上去 也夠多了 難道要Bora$喊的 11/15 11:26
YHank:才算正常價嗎= =" 11/15 11:27
promessa:最爽的是打了Boras一巴掌吧 A_A 他放消息的時間實在不對 11/15 11:26
YHank:我倒覺得Bora$和A-Rod演得不大真...彼此都有問題 11/15 11:28
YHank:打Bora$一巴掌也要想到這和A-Rod不一定沒關,甚至非常有關 11/15 11:29
promessa:十年約的話,如果能破Bond紀錄的話還蠻值得的 11/15 11:29
promessa:而且他過去沒啥大病痛,樂觀點應該有機會啦 11/15 11:30
mdbbd:能幫32歲選手凹到10年大約 Boras已經立於不敗之地了吧 11/15 11:33
mdbbd:10年 一個月前想都覺得豪洨... 11/15 11:34
raygod:結論就是NYY錢真的很多... 11/15 11:35
redsnipertd:十年約真的很多,如果價碼真的是290M那真的是很巨大 11/15 11:36
redsnipertd:我不覺得A-Rod有虧到,頂多就是Boras沒辦法簽到300M 11/15 11:38
redsnipertd:他個人可能會覺得有點小遺憾,不過不覺得他有輸很慘 11/15 11:38
Marxing:...搞到後來,爽的還是條子...這賭局一個願打一個願挨 11/15 11:39
promessa:只能希望最後減個一兩年+價錢別那麼接近30M 11/15 11:42
promessa:反正談判中還會拉扯一下,應該不會直接敲槌定案....吧 11/15 11:44
noobi:神...您回來了呀 QQ 真好 11/15 11:51
neptune317:浪子終於回頭了 11/15 12:07
Nilthoron:太好了真是太好了~ 11/15 12:11
appshjkli:29m/yr 給10年約就要吐血了,我無法想像未來這怎麼處理 11/15 12:25
kinkiway:簽十年可以準備休息了~~ 最後幾年再來拼好了 11/15 12:31
nikon:現在大部份消息是290M,但據說有個 21M dollar reduction 11/15 12:48
nikon:所以Peter報的275M也是有可能的。 11/15 12:48
nikon:如果290M然後沒有這個21M dollar reduction... 11/15 12:48
nikon:那這個opt out的成本可以說全攤到Yankees這了。 11/15 12:49
wisehuang:喔.. 我們幫洋基擔心錢的問題幹嘛? 反正又不是我的錢 11/15 12:51
neptune317:可是薪資空間少了 影響其他球員 也影響我們看球 11/15 12:51
JessicaA1ba:洋基的字典裡沒有薪資空間這個詞... 11/15 13:00
nikon:不過我在想他這個21M要怎麼拿,MLB不會讓這種賠償條款過 11/15 13:01
nikon:恐怕還是要在合約總額上動手腳 11/15 13:02
siliver:怕啥啊,反正是球團付的起錢咩,等著看A-ROD破一堆紀錄就好. 11/15 13:02
nikon:目前的payroll應該還好,比07年還低,比05年低20M以上 11/15 13:04
snpb:不去道奇也好 不然可能擠壓到Hu 11/15 13:04
nikon:A-Rod的合約砸下去應該接近190M了 11/15 13:05
redsnipertd:08之後Giambi合約到期 可以清出不少空間 11/15 13:14
nikon:別忘了還有Pavano。 11/15 13:16
redsnipertd:對啊 加一加超過30M了吧,失去了Rangers金援之後應該還 11/15 13:17
redsnipertd:算是可以有足夠的空間給A-Rod這兩年的金額 11/15 13:18
nikon:本來就夠啦,A-Rod opt out的合約07-10就是27M 11/15 13:19
nikon:新約頭兩年大概也不出這個價碼 11/15 13:19
nikon:現在這個賠償條款只是傳說中讓front office爽的而已 11/15 13:20
redsnipertd:接下來五年就跟原本想offer給他的差不了太多了 11/15 13:20
redsnipertd:我比較關心能不能砍個一兩年 11/15 13:23
MemoryLin:神...您回來了呀 QQ 真好 原本聽到你脫逃很難過的說 11/15 13:24
nikon:新版本,220M/8yrs, Buster Olney 11/15 13:44
nikon:版本太多了還是等正式版吧 11/15 13:44
lothc:怎麼跟原來的價格有滿大的差異.. 11/15 13:45
sylviehsiang:砍了兩年70M 還砍的真不手軟 11/15 14:07
nikon:只是可能而已,我覺得眾版本中最可能的還是290M 11/15 14:23
JessicaA1ba:希望是最多八年就好 八年以下更好 附選擇權也好 11/15 14:43
JessicaA1ba:到四十歲還能像棒子爺那麼猛的只能算是奇蹟 11/15 14:44
tsming:簽十年就是球員贏球隊輸了=_= 11/15 16:51
mightymouse:其實真的贏的只有遊騎兵隊 11/15 17:14