作者Kati (聚時歡樂,散後尤其冷清)
看板NY-Yankees
標題[轉錄]Yanks World wary - In fight to prevent Wang …
時間Wed Dec 14 18:42:41 2005
※ [本文轉錄自 CMWang 看板]
作者: sadwithoutu (沒有你 傷心) 看板: CMWang
標題: Yanks World wary - In fight to prevent Wang from playing
時間: Wed Dec 14 18:32:21 2005
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/story/374745p-318452c.html
Yanks World wary
In fight to prevent Wang from playing
By SAM BORDEN
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
The Yankees aren't thrilled that Derek Jeter (USA) and Alex Rodriguez (likely
Dominican Republic) will be participating in the World Baseball Classic, but
the Bombers actually appear to have greater concern about a lower-profile
player who may be taking part: Chien-Ming Wang.
The Yanks, like most other MLB teams, submitted a list to the Classic
committee of players they wanted removed from consideration for the event for
a variety of legitimate reasons (age, injury history and insurance, to name a
few). In most cases, their requests were granted - Randy Johnson, Mike
Mussina, Carl Pavano and Jorge Posada were among those removed - but Wang was
not one of them, the Daily News has learned.
The Chinese Taipei roster for the WBC has not been officially announced, and
it is possible the Yanks' request could be upheld, but Wang - whose status as
a national hero grew exponentially over the summer as he flourished in the
Bronx - is one of the top players available and is said to be under some
pressure from his country to participate.
The Bombers have already succeeded in getting their other top starters taken
out of consideration. Mussina and Johnson were candidates for the American
team, and the Italian team had interest in Pavano (he would have joined Mike
Piazza and Barry Zito) but all three will stay with the Yanks in Tampa during
the March 3-20 event.
Certainly the Yanks are pleased about that, but if Wang participates, it
could have serious ramifications. The Yankees' main concern is, not
surprisingly, Wang's shoulder. The Bombers do not want him to accelerate his
preseason throwing program or overextend himself during an international
game, thus leaving him weak - or broken - during the season.
"The bottom line is if he's healthy enough to participate in spring training
and everything that goes along with that, then he should be able to
participate in the event," said Wang's agent, Alan Nero. "My feeling is that
if he wants to participate I would encourage him to do so. At the same time I
understand where the Yankees are coming from. They're trying to protect their
asset."
Wang (8-5, 4.02 ERA) was a huge surprise early last year as a fill-in for
injured starter Jaret Wright, only to break down himself and go on the
disabled list just after the All-Star break with what was believed to be a
tear in his rotator cuff. Surgery wasn't required, however, and Wang returned
in September before making one start in the division series against the
Angels (he allowed four runs but only one earned in 6-2/3 innings in a 5-3
Game2 loss).
The Yankees are expecting him to be a key piece in their rotation in 2006 and
GM Brian Cashman, who did not return a phone call yesterday, recently joked
that Wang is the "most asked-about player in the league" during trade
discussions because of his talent and low salary.
The Bombers don't plan to deal him, but may not be able to keep him away from
the WBC. Joe Torre has said he's not as concerned about his position players
who will take part (Bernie Williams, Puerto Rico, and Robinson Cano, D.R.,
are expected to join A-Rod and Jeter in participating while Hideki Matsui,
Japan, is still making up his mind) but would be worried about the pitchers.
With Bill Madden
Originally published on December 14, 2005
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 218.168.130.163
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 140.113.197.136
推 JJay:看來洋基比較傾向不讓王建民打WBC? 12/14 19:07
→ jdtrue:看來是不會放行了XD 12/14 19:40
推 Fuuuck:賀一下 12/14 20:28
推 summoon:賀一行 12/14 20:59
推 abardoo:大的賀呀 12/14 21:30
推 Zuces:Yes !! 12/14 21:35
推 secaep:爽...不放行不放行不放行不放行不放行...爽 12/14 21:38
推 sickiam:看來洋基隊又要被鄉民公幹一番了 12/14 21:41
推 jackydai:呵呵問樓上大大,為什麼不希望洋基隊放行呢? 12/14 21:45
→ jackydai:難道你是怕中華隊的教練亂操投手嗎? 12/14 21:45
推 alberthcc:不是怕 是一定會操orz 12/14 22:25
推 mackdaddy:恭喜 推一個 12/14 22:30
推 azukikao:幹的好!!!!! 12/14 22:43
推 noonecan:幹的好阿...我超怕小王在WBC被飛球襲擊..不放行好阿..推! 12/14 23:27
推 MwMwMwM:推 12/15 01:11
推 pigface:可以不要操啊 真的是 12/15 02:13
→ pigface:咱u要是個運動國手 都會想為國爭光的 12/15 02:13
→ pigface:棒球在台灣都快推不起來了 需要多一點噱頭讓更多人看 12/15 02:13
→ pigface:拿不到好成績 普遍民眾就不想看 12/15 02:13
→ pigface:沒人看的結果 我們的棒球明星會越來越少 長期看 不是好事 12/15 02:14
推 secaep:唉,上面幾隻小白來...爬爬文好嗎,不就知道不放行 12/15 02:48
→ secaep:對國內棒運及運動選手的保障都是非常好的...拜託 爬文 12/15 02:49
→ secaep:棒球在台灣的問題...講難聽點...都是那顆爛檸檬 12/15 02:56
→ secaep:搞到現在基層募款就說...阿不都放水,打啥 12/15 02:57
→ secaep:所以如果台灣選手在MLB"長久"打下去,反而較有利 12/15 02:58
推 mgr:爽~不放不放不放不放 12/15 09:21
推 yayaki:沒錯 就算通通旅外 還是一堆人看棒球 12/15 12:17
→ yayaki:就算CPBL倒了 還是一堆人看棒球 12/15 12:17
推 pigface:沒辦法變成全民運動啊 12/15 13:47
→ pigface:如果之前沒有亞錦賽 棒球不會回來的 12/15 13:47
→ pigface:還有別動不動就叫別人小白啊 我也是正常討論的 12/15 13:49
推 sabathia:全民運動不是有國際成績就可以推成的~! 12/15 15:26
→ sabathia:還得要讓專長這項運動的人能@有好的福利 活下去 12/15 15:26
→ sabathia:台灣 就是因為成棒之後的發展.... 12/15 15:27
→ sabathia:這樣子的程度很難吸引大家都投入這項運動~ 12/15 15:28
→ sabathia:所以想要"完全靠"為國爭光來推展運動 不可能! 12/15 15:28
→ sabathia:雖然我也非常非常樂見中華明星隊出現 會看得更爽^^ 12/15 15:30
推 sabathia:既使不放行 那至少在大聯盟還看得到王 也一樣很爽 12/15 15:42
推 coasting:樓上中肯! 12/16 10:12
推 yayaki:目前的CPBL是扼殺國球的最大兇手 12/16 10:44
推 maikxz:但是CPBL倒了....又沒有新聯盟成立 台灣棒球只會死更快 12/16 17:59
推 Romulus:可以走多明尼加模式:p 12/16 18:13