精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
09/19/2006 9:26 PM ET Notes: Pavano likely out for season Giambi's wrist an issue again; Torre congratulates Randolph By Mark Feinsand / MLB.com TORONTO -- It looks like Carl Pavano's second season with the Yankees will officially come to an end on Wednesday without him throwing a single pitch. Pavano, who fractured two ribs in an automobile accident on Aug. 15, is still unable to pitch off a mound without pain because of the injury, so the Yankees will likely shut him down for the rest of the year on Wednesday. General manager Brian Cashman said that while the decision has not been officially made, it would likely be finalized within the next 24 hours. "He's still not able to throw without experiencing discomfort in his shoulder because of the injuries he sustained," Cashman said Tuesday night. "We're talking about it; we'll make a decision tomorrow. [Shutting him down] is the way we're leaning." Pavano missed the early part of the season with a bruised buttocks, then underwent surgery in May to remove a bone chip from his right elbow. He appeared to be on track to rejoin the Yankees in late August, but on Aug. 30, it was revealed that he had been involved in the auto accident and broken his ribs, pushing his return back for at least two more weeks. Pavano has been throwing on flat ground, but his rib injuries have prevented him from throwing off a mound. According to Cashman, the pitcher isn't able to comfortably extend his arm to finish his release, causing tightness in his shoulder. "He explains that he can't throw with proper mechanics because of his ribs," said Cashman, who received the latest information from the team's medical staff but had not spoken with Pavano. Pavano had been scheduled to throw a bullpen session for pitching coach Ron Guidry on Friday when the Yankees play at Tropicana Field, but that won't happen now. Pavano hasn't pitched in the Majors since June 27, 2005, missing the second half of the 2005 season with rotator cuff tendinitis. He is halfway through his four-year, $39.95 million contract, which expires after the 2008 season. Wrist watch: Jason Giambi's sore left wrist has become an issue again, as he left Tuesday night's game in the fifth inning due to the injury. Before the game, Giambi said that he talked last weekend with team physician Dr. Stuart Hershon about the possibility of getting another cortisone injection in his wrist, which would be his third this month. Giambi said that his wrist felt like "a 3 out of 10" before he received the shots, improving to an 8 or 9 following the injections. Tuesday, he said it had deteriorated to a 7 on that scale. "I'm just going to keep getting treatment, and after we clinch, maybe I'll get some rest," Giambi said. "If it gets [worse], I'll shoot it again." Lining 'em up: The Yankees will start Chien-Ming Wang on Friday to open the four-game series in Tampa Bay, followed by Randy Johnson, Mike Mussina and Jaret Wright. The four pitchers all threw over the weekend in the two doubleheaders against the Red Sox, so the Yankees had the option of lining them up in several different ways. Manager Joe Torre stressed that the decision had nothing to do with a potential postseason rotation order. "You can read anything you want, but we're not sure what we're doing yet," Torre said. "Because there's wiggle room, we can do anything we want once we clinch." It takes two: Kyle Farnsworth ranks fourth in the American League with 68 appearances this season, but Torre doesn't plan on using the setup man for more than two consecutive days over the final two weeks of the season. That plan included Monday night, when New York needed four relievers to hold a four-run lead in the ninth inning, as Farnsworth was unavailable. "Two days in a row is probably what we should do with him," Torre said. "We've noticed that if you give him that day off, he's more consistent with his stuff." Congratulatory call: Torre gave Mets manager Willie Randolph a call on Monday night to congratulate him on his first division title as a manager. The Mets clinched the National League East at Shea Stadium on Monday, becoming the first team this season to qualify for the postseason. "I told him how proud he should be and how proud I was of him," Torre said. Randolph served as Torre's third-base coach from 1996-2003, then as his bench coach in 2004. Coming up: The Yankees close out their three-game series against the Blue Jays on Wednesday, as Sean Henn takes on Roy Halladay. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET. Mark Feinsand is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. http://0rz.net/d81Ri -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.109.23.211
richard1003:以後也不用回來了(怒) 09/20 12:25
upscom:快走 不送 = = 09/20 12:28
sycc:快解約吧 現金人 09/20 12:31
deathcustom:明年應該是他的大聯盟最後合約年了吧 09/20 12:32
deathcustom:很懷疑還有哪隊敢要他= = 09/20 12:32
pathfinder:Pavano 的約到 08 09/20 12:33
SUNNYSOPO:會不會請神容易送神難 09/20 12:37
cplinn:他把錢賺飽 就可以躺著度過餘年了 XD 09/20 12:38
cplinn:明年他出來投我一定要去球場用力噓他 &%*(&^#$@(*&%^ 09/20 12:40
toast520520:別這樣說嘛!他的防禦率是0!進步很多了...XD 09/20 12:40
julians:Pavaon likely out for ever 09/20 12:50
dynamo:合約年應該會出來猛一年 09/20 13:30
Liederjan:我也是這樣覺得 他的合約年應該會猛 09/20 13:37
tn603408:MLB先發次數也是0 囧 09/20 14:24
amax1120:Painvano~"~ 09/20 14:54
settier:對他很失望...只能說趕快交易出去吧....囧 09/20 15:35
mightymouse:交易??誰敢要?? 09/20 17:00
asdfzx:復健醫院廣告商 09/20 17:05
fizeau:這怎麼會是新聞?他回來才是吧 09/20 17:35
bigsun0709:說不定出版社會來請他出書:『我在DL的日子』 09/20 22:19
chinoyan:嗚~~~~~~~~~~~英文不好......有請翻譯魔人上場,感恩啊 09/21 00:32