精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ 引述《CCLu (Lu)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《Andre (The Tornado)》之銘言: : 2. To hand out an MVP award, we care about the real performance of a : player, not his ability. If such a player has a fluky season, so : be it. In a season, clutchness does exist and should be a plus. : However, it is usually overvalued by the majority of fans. A : three-run walk-off homerun is fascinating, but it is not worth : much more than a three-run homer hit a few innings earlier in the : same game. Yes, it's worth more, but not as much as people would : give credit for. The concept is simple and clear, yet it's somewhat difficult to apply on actual cases. I think where the controversy lies is: How important a part should clutchness play in players' value assessment? To decide this, the first two questions be answered might be: How clutch is a player and how much did he help the team because of his clutchness? Among those splits usually used such as RISP, runners on, close & late, bases loaded, etc, none of them really represents a clutchness. WPA may be a advanced indicator yet still flawed. The combination of WPA, leverage index, and some other stats could give us a better idea on how clutch a player is. As for the latter, I think some would try calculating how many games won because of one's clutchness then convert it to runs, and add this number of runs to his orginal runs contributed to the team. Though I am not sure if it's the best way to do this, I can't think of a better way now, and the details of the method are still to be developed. -- My Baseball Blog http://www.wretch.cc/blog/andrenomo -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.35.24.198 ※ 編輯: Andre 來自: 218.35.24.198 (08/17 19:56)