精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
來源:http://0rz.net/0c1Uz Yankees Official Web News 應版友要求,翻前四段,後面請高手續接...(我真的沒空XD) Notes: Wang to start playoff opener Righty has come a long way to get the call in Game 1 of ALDS NEW YORK -- When manager Joe Torre named Chien-Ming Wang his Game 1 starter for the American League Division Series on Wednesday, the call wasn't a shock. 當老托瑞把小王列在季後賽首戰先發時,這一點也不讓人驚訝。 Yet, if you hade made that prediction at the beginning of the season, you probably would have been laughed at. After all, this is a rotation with Randy Johnson and Mike Mussina. 然而,如果你在球季一開始就這樣預測[小王先發首場],你可能會被別人笑。 畢竟,這應該是RJ或Moose的工作。 But Wang has been the Yankees' best starter all year, entering his final regular-season start Wednesday with an 18-6 record and a 3.57 ERA -- a season even the Yankees couldn't have planned for. 但令NYY意外的,小王已經是隊上今年最棒的先發投手,帶著18W6L和3.57的ERA 將在星期三擔任今年球季最後一次的先發出賽。 "Probably not, especially with taking care of Wang the way we did right from Spring Training on through and what had happened to him in the second half last year," said Torre, referring to Wang missing two months of his rookie season with an inflamed right shoulder. "However, we saw how he handled what he had to handle last year, which was pretty impressive. But I don't think you could ever dream of that [Wang pitching Game 1] being the case." 「也許這不應該會發生的,特別是考量到小王在春訓的表現和他去年發生的事。」 老托指的是去年小王在菜鳥球季因肩傷而休息兩個月的事,「然而,我們看到了小王 如何去面對了他去年應該要應付的狀況,這相當令人印象深刻。不過我還是不認為 你會想過把[小王投第一場]放在你的選項中。」 Mussina (14-7, 3.57) is scheduled to pitch Game 2, with Johnson (17-11, 5.00) going in Game 3. A Game 4 starter, if necessary, will be named later. Jaret Wright (11-7, 4.39) is likely to get the call, but Torre could go with Cory Lidle (4-3, 5.08). Torre decided to go in the order in part because of Johnson's back issues, which will keep him from making another start in the regular season. "With the back situation, I want one good game out of him, and there is a chance that if it goes to Game 5, I will use the Game 2 starter out of the bullpen," Torre said. "With him, it would probably be out of play for him to do that." Welcome back, Jason: Jason Giambi returned to the lineup Wednesday after missing the last six games with tendinitis and a torn ligament in his left wrist. He was inserted as the designated hitter, with Gary Sheffield starting at first base. "I'm OK. It's just going to be a question of staying on top of it and doing what I need to do," Giambi said. "I'm just going to keep playing, tape it up and go." Giambi said he wouldn't need a lot of at-bats to get ready for the playoffs, and by the looks of things, he may be right, hitting his first home run since Aug. 20 -- a two-run shot in the second inning to give the Yankees an early lead. Playing first base, though, is another story. "We're going to have to play it by ear," Giambi said. "This is only my first day back." Torre said he would give Giambi some innings at first over the last few games, but would give the bulk of the work to Sheffield. Torre still hasn't decided what combination he wants to use at first and DH in the playoffs. Now batting: Wednesday's lineup -- center fielder Johnny Damon, shortstop Derek Jeter, right fielder Bobby Abreu, third baseman Alex Rodriguez, Giambi at DH, Sheffield at first base, left fielder Hideki Matsui, catcher Jorge Posada and second baseman Robinson Cano -- marked the first time this season that these nine have started together. It may also be the lineup the Yankees go with in Game 1 of the ALDS, no matter what team they're playing. "We have a lot of talented people here and I don't know what the lineup's going to be," Torre said to the players. "Just understand that and [have] patience. "We have a guy named Bernie Williams on the bench and [Melky] Cabrera. We have some pleasant problems to solve before next Tuesday. But we just want to make sure we have all the information before we make any decisions." Jeter honored: Jeter is one of three finalists for the Players Choice Awards' American League Outstanding Player, along with Boston's David Ortiz and Chicago's Jermaine Dye. Major League Baseball players on all 30 teams voted for the honor, which recognizes excellence both on and off the field. The final vote will be announced at a later date. Coming up: The Yankees finish up their series with the Orioles at 7:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, with Darrell Rasner (3-0, 2.50) facing Baltimore's Daniel Cabrera (8-10, 5.05). -- 昂首闊步... 不留一絲遺憾...... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.112.33.25
kaka66: Let's Go Yankees!~~Let's Go CMWang~~ 09/28 10:19
※ 編輯: dreamkid 來自: 59.112.33.25 (09/28 10:33)