精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
10/07/2006 10:28 PM ET Yanks' postseason ends in Game 4 Wright hit early, Bombers offense struggles again in loss DETROIT -- Another October, another disappointment for the Yankees. 又一個十月,另個令洋基隊失落的結束。 A season of hope and promise came crashing to an ugly finish on Saturday, as New York was ousted from the postseason courtesy of an 8-3 Detroit win. The Tigers won the series, three games to one, sending the Yanks home for another early winter. 一整季的希望和看好,就毀在這樣難看的週末比賽結果,洋基承蒙老虎 8:3 的勝利而被攆出季後賽。老虎贏得這一系列分區賽,以三比一的結果把洋基 送回家過個早來的冬天。 Jeremy Bonderman dominated the Yankees' lineup, following the lead of fellow starters Justin Verlander and Kenny Rogers. Bonderman隨著前面兩號投手而掌控了洋基打線 "They pitched well. Verlander started it and it seemed like everyone followed him," shortstop Derek Jeter said. "We didn't swing the bats well all series. That's one of the big reasons we're going home." 隊長說:他們投得很棒,從Verlander開始如此,而後面的投手也似乎跟著如 此。而我們就整個系列賽都打得不好,這是最主要我們回家的原因。 This marks the second consecutive season and third time in five years that the Yankees have been eliminated in the American League Division Series. New York, which hasn't won a World Series title since 2000, now faces another offseason of uncertainty. 這也形成連續性的第二個球季,和五年中第三次洋基被擋在ALDS系列賽中, 洋基,從2000年後無法打進世界大賽,現在又面臨另一個不確定性的新球季 。 "We're very frustrated. We were expecting to win a world championship when we showed up for Spring Training," Johnny Damon said. "A couple of days ago we were even talking about how great our offense was rolling after that first game. Three days later, it's gone." 大門說:我們很沮喪。我們在春訓時也期待著能贏得世界大賽,幾天之前,我 們才想著我們的鑽石打線在第一場比賽中盡情發揮,幾天後,它消失無蹤。 Jaret Wright was hit for four runs (three earned) in just 2 2/3 innings, as manager Joe Torre yanked him before the game got out of hand. Cory Lidle appeared to calm things down by retiring the first four hitters he faced, but the Tigers struck him for three runs in the fifth, breaking the game wide open. Wright 在二又三分之二局中被打下四分(三分自責分),而後老托在比賽失去 控制之前把他換了下來。Lidle藉著讓面對的前四名打者出局,使情勢能被壓 制下來,但老虎仍在第五局時打爆了他,使比分被打開來。 It's certainly disappointing, and everyone in that locker room is disappointed," Torre said. "They outplayed us. They outpitched us. There's not much else you can say." 老托說:這確實叫人失望。而且休息室中的每個人也很失落。他們使我們打得 不像樣,也投的不像話,我們無法再說什麼了。 The Yankees found themselves in a 3-0 hole after two innings and a 6-0 hole after five. New York's first run came in the seventh, snapping an incredible 20-inning scoreless streak by the Yankees' supposedly unstoppable offense. 洋基眼看著自己在第二局時。陷入三比零的洞,在第五局結束後,陷入六比 零的泥沼裡。而洋基第一分在第七局才來到,洋基被人視為不可擋的打線火 力,沉睡在連續二十局裡而沒有得分。 "It seemed like we could never get a rhythm going," Jason Giambi said. "We had it going in the first game, where we'd get a hit and tack on some more hits, but after that, we could never get the train going. They had great pitching. They just outplayed us." 大吉說:那應該是我們都沒找到進攻節奏。我們曾在第一場比賽裡有著節奏 ,就是那場一支安打接一支的比賽,但之後,我們都沒能抓到節奏方向。他 們有很棒的投球表現,也使我們打得不好。 "Something wasn't right, clearly," general manager Brian Cashman said. "We played our worst baseball in the wrong month. The timing was terrible, and the Tigers had something to do with it. They earned it." 總經理現金人說:顯然比賽進行得不對勁。我們在最糟的月份裡表現出最糟的 一場球賽,節奏掌握又很糟,而老虎則在比賽過程裡抓住了,他們贏球。 Before the game, Torre tried to shake things up by inserting Melky Cabrera into the lineup in left field, putting Gary Sheffield back at first base and dropping Alex Rodriguez to the No. 8 spot in the batting order. 在比賽前,老托嘗試把情況改變一番,於是把有趣的小卡布放入打線和左外野 ,把老薛放回一壘,把A-rod 放到第八棒打序上。 None of it worked, though, as Bonderman came out dealing, retiring the first 15 batters he faced to record five perfect innings. Bonderman pitched 8 1/3 innings, holding the Yankees to two runs on five hits, carrying the Tigers to the AL Championship Series, where they will face the A's. 沒有起作用,不過,對方的Bonderman展現出一項投球模式,就是讓前十五 個他在前五局面對的打者出局。Bonderman主投八又三分之一局,把洋基控制 在得兩分和五支安打,並把老虎帶入美聯冠軍賽,之後他們將面對運動家。 "Their pitching really shut down a great offense," Damon said. "It's disheartening. They outplayed us offensively, defensively, they pitched better than us. Because of that, they deserved to win." 大門說:他們的投球確實大大地把火力澆息,這使人失去了信心。他們在打擊 和投球方面讓我們打得不好,投球比我們強。因為如此,他們是贏得理所當 然。 Rodriguez finished the series 1-for-14, his second dreadful postseason in a row. Last year, he went 2-for-15 in the ALDS loss to the Angels, and he was just 2-for-17 over the final four games of the 2004 ALCS against the Red Sox. A-rod在系列中十四打數敲一支安打,連續的出現第二次令人擔憂的季後賽 表現。去年,他在輸給天使的系列戰中,十五打數敲兩支,而2004年 ALCS 他在對上紅襪的後四場比賽中,十七打數敲兩支。 Teams with best record in Majors (or share of) losing in Division Series since 2000 從兩千年之後,球隊帶著聯盟最佳紀錄(或是同時),卻輸掉分組比賽者 Team Wins Result 2006 Yankees 97 Lost to Tigers in 4 2003 Braves 101 Lost to Cubs in 5 2002 A's 103 Lost to Twins in 5 2000 Giants 97 Lost to Mets in 4 "I don't know how to explain it," Rodriguez said. "I hit some balls hard that got caught. If there's a frustrating part, it's that I felt very comfortable, very relaxed. I had some good swings, I had some bad swings. That's a numbers game. Overall, I wish I could have done better." A-rod說:我不知道怎麼去解釋,我努力地去打擊一些被逮中的球。如果有讓 我失望的部分,就是我已覺得舒適且放鬆,我有過漂亮的揮擊,我也有些壞 的揮擊,但比賽和賭博一樣有運氣成份。總結的說,我希望我能做得更好些 Wright retired the side in order in the first, but Magglio Ordonez put the Tigers on the board with a solo homer to lead off the second. Three batters later, Craig Monroe blasted a two-run shot, giving Detroit a 3-0 lead. Wright在首局讓打者順序出局,但Ordonez 在第二局揮一發陽春彈使老虎得 到超前分。三名打者之後,Monroe 擊出兩分砲,使老虎共三分超前。 "The ball being up, basically that's what did me in," Wright said. "You give up runs on home runs, you have to think that's all they'll get. I'm thinking that until I come out of the game." Wright說:那球投高了,基本上這就成了我的報應。你在被對方夯出全壘打而 失分,你就不得不去設想那些他們接下來所有可能的戰術,我一直想著,直到 我被換下場。 The Yankees' offense barely put up a fight against Bonderman, who threw just 31 pitches through the first four innings and 40 through five. 洋基打線對Bonderman 難以展開攻勢,這個前四局只用31球,五局達40球 "He did exactly what they needed him to do," Jeter said. "They got an early lead and they just kept scoring. It just wasn't a good day for us." 隊長說:他做到他們需要他做的任務,他們早早領先並且保持得分進帳,這一 天我們的情況不順利。 Detroit added to the lead in the fifth, opening the inning with two runs on four straight hits against Lidle. Ivan Rodriguez tacked on an RBI sacrifice fly to boost the lead to six runs, sending the sellout crowd of 43,126 into an orange towel-waving frenzy. 老虎在五局在加上領先分數,開頭在對上Lidle時以連五支安打得兩分。I-rod 再用高分犧牲補充上打點,使領先分數達到六分,使滿座的四萬三千多名觀眾 進入了橘色舞動毛巾的狂熱之中。 "Playing on the road, you want to take the crowd out of the game," Jeter said. "It didn't happen. They hit the two big home runs and kept pouring it on after that. That's why we're going home." 隊長說:在客場打球時,你會想把觀眾弄出球賽之外。但沒發生,他們在轟出 兩支大號全壘打後,還不停灌分。這就是為什麼我們正在出發回洋基老家。 Robinson Cano broke up the perfect game with a leadoff single in the sixth, but the Tigers tallied another run in the bottom of the inning. Cano 在第六局以首安來打破可能的完全比賽,但老虎在六局下又得分了。 "We were certainly ready to play when we came into this series, and we felt pretty good about ourselves," Torre said. "They showed that good pitching can stop good hitting." 老托說:當我們要進入這個系列戰時,我們確實準備好要開打,而且我們也覺 得自己狀況很好。而他們則正告訴了我們,好的投手能剋住好的打線。 The Yankees finally put a run on the board in the seventh on Hideki Matsui's RBI fielder's choice, but Bonderman avoided a potential rally, getting Cano to fly out with runners on first and second. Jorge Posada added a two-out, two-run homer in the ninth. 洋基終於在得分板第七局時,以大松井的野手選擇打點放上分數,但Bonderman 又避免掉了洋基的重新振作,他讓Cano 在一二壘有人時打出高飛球。齁黑 在第九局則在兩人出局時敲出兩分全壘打。 In the four-game series, the Yankees hit .246 and scored 14 runs (3.5 per game), far less than the .285 average and 5.74 runs per game they posted during the regular season. 在一連四場比賽中,洋基打擊成績為 .246 共得 14分(平均一場3.5分), 遠不及例行賽的紀錄: AVG .285 和每場得5.74 分。 "We're pretty proud of our hitters, we just weren't able to mount any kind of a threat," Torre said. "It's surprising more than disappointing. I'm never disappointed in these guys, because in order to get here they had to work very hard and take nothing for granted. We certainly didn't come into this series expecting that we were going to get something for nothing." 老托說:我們相當為自己的打者們感到自豪,我們只是無法駕馭住所有的威 脅。比失望之外更多的是驚訝,我從來沒對這些傢伙感到失望,因為他們 為了達到現在這一步付出了努力鍛鍊,而且不求回報。我們確實沒法在系 列賽中晉級,但希望我們能從一無所有的結果中得到些心得。 "I came here expecting us to be the Yankees and I didn't see that," Cashman said. "I'm disappointed by that and it hurts, so the search continues for that team that can get a championship." 現金人說:我來這兒且期望我們的球隊能成為歷史上偉大的洋基,但我卻 沒看到。我對此很失望而且很受傷,所以替球隊贏得世界冠軍的球員尋找 ,仍會繼續。 After the game, the Yankees' clubhouse was somber, as players reflected on how a series they seemed to be in control of just four days ago got away from them so quickly. 賽後,洋基球員休息室是憂鬱的,而球員們給人們的對照是,四天前他們似 乎使情況都在掌握之中,但一轉眼他們已經出局了。 "When you're one of the last eight teams left when October starts, everybody has high expectations," Mike Mussina said. "It's hard when you play well for so long and it doesn't last. They pitched really well the last three games and we didn't pitch well enough. We certainly couldn't get anything going, offensively. For this week, they played better." Moose說:當十月開始而你成為進入季後賽的唯八隊伍時,每個人都有很高 的期盼。而很難接受的是,你表現良好那麼久的時間,在最後卻反而不是 如此。他們投手在後三場表現真的很棒,而我們不夠好,我們確實在打擊 上無法有所進展。這一週他們打得比我們好。 "Baseball is so unpredictable," Bernie Williams said. "You can have a team of All-Stars out there and still not get the result that you want. That's why you play the games." 老威說:棒球是無法預料的呀。你可以有一支全明星的隊伍在場上,但仍 然會無法打出你要的結果,這就是為什麼你要在比賽中好好的打。 As players packed their bags and headed for their final team flight of the season, several players stood by their lockers, still stunned by the results of the last 48 hours. 當球員們打包行李準備這季最後一次球隊飛行時,有一些球員站在置物櫃 旁,仍然為剛才四十八小時內的結局而呆默著。 "I think we've all seen enough baseball games to know it doesn't always go the way that you plan," Damon said. "The best teams don't always win. It's the team that's the hottest. The Tigers came into the postseason as the coldest team. They found the right time to turn it around." 大門說:我想,我們已經從比賽中見識夠了一件事,就是它不會照你計畫 的方式在進行。最強的球隊不可能永遠都贏球的,這是對一支球隊最中肯 的說法。老虎以最冷門的隊伍打入季後賽,他們找到絕佳時機把不利的對 戰情勢扭轉過來。 -- 第一次翻 有錯誤的話請不吝訂正 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.229.228.100
mymaktub:推.. 10/09 02:33
nolover:含淚推.. 10/09 02:52
tokyoto:謝謝~~ 10/09 03:55
Melson:推 10/09 11:01
Annrod:推 10/09 21:20