精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Notes: Boss says Cashman responsible Boss 說 Cashman 責任重大 GM sees Steinbrenner's words as statement of support 總經理 把 Steinbrenner 的發言當作是鼓勵 原文譯自 http://0rz.net/411yl By Mark Feinsand / MLB.com Shortly after George Steinbrenner blew out his birthday candles on Tuesday, he watched his team flame out in a 19-1 loss to the Indians. 週二在 George Steinbrenner 很快的吹熄他的生日蠟燭後,他看著他的球隊大 放煙火以 19-1 輸給印地安人。 Wednesday, Steinbrenner issued a statement through his publicist, Howard Rubenstein, making it clear that he expects his general manager to fix whatever problems the Yankees currently have. 週三, Steinbrenner 經由他的發言人 Howard Rubenstein 發表一份聲明,說 明希望他的總經理能夠修補洋基當下所有的疑難雜症。 "Brian Cashman is working hard to improve the team," Steinbrenner said. "The responsibility is totally in his hands." "Brian Cashman 正努力補強球隊," Steinbrenner 表示。"他現在身負重任。" Cashman said he saw the statement more as a show of support than one of criticism. Cashman 說他把這份聲明稿看作是火力支援而非批評責難。 "It's my responsibility, there's no doubt about that," Cashman said. "It's my job." "毫無疑問的這是我的職責所在," Cashman 表示。"這是我的工作。" With the trade deadline less than four weeks away, the Yankees are in the market for an outfielder, a starting pitcher and possibly a bullpen arm as well. 隨著離交易大限已不到四週,洋基正在市場尋找一名外野手,一名先發投手還可 能加上一名牛棚投手。 "George has been supportive," Joe Torre said. "I think he understands the situation we have here; he also understands that he has a general manager who is not going to be a knee-jerk guy. In the past, when the Yankees have had trouble, a lot of times we've jumped out there and did something. Cash has been measuring things, and I give him a lot of credit for that." "George 已經展現出支持," Joe Torre 表示。"我想他了解我們現在的處境; 他也了解他的總經理不是個只靠直覺的傢伙。過去當洋基曾有麻煩的時候,我們 幾乎都能脫離困境與有所建樹。 Cash 已經通過考驗,由於那些事情我對他讚美 有加。 In recent years, the Yankees may have shipped a prospect such as Philip Hughes away to fill a hole, but Cashman doesn't seem to have any interest in trading the club's top young arm. 過去幾年來,洋基可能會送走像是 Philip Hughes 這樣的潛力新秀來填補戰力 ,但 Cashman 看起來對交易球隊裡的年輕強投的事沒興趣。 With several names floating around in trade rumors, the Yankees may make a move or two before the deadline, but Torre thinks that it is vital for the team not to overpay in any deal, despite the plethora of injuries and problems New York has had. 交易傳言裡一直都有幾個名字在,洋基也許會在大限前做出一或兩個交易,但 Torre 認為不對任何交易付出過多代價對球隊來說是至關重要的─即使洋基已經 有著一堆問題與多到滿出來的傷兵。 "When you talk about being able to do something, you still have to go with the price tag, and at what point is it going to come up and bite you?" Torre said. "I'm not saying we're not going to do something, I'm not saying we're not going to do something major; all I know is that I think Cash is on the right track." "當你談到你有打算作什麼事情的時候,你還是得衡量代價,以及討論這是不是 用來拐你的?" Torre 表示。"我不是說我們不打算做些什麼,我也不是說我們 不會做些該做的事;我認為 Cash 正往對的方向走─我知道的就這些。" Torre held a meeting with his team before batting practice, but he stressed that it had nothing to do with Tuesday's loss. Torre 在打擊練習前與他的球隊開會,但他強調這與週二的敗仗無關。 "Yesterday had nothing to do with anything; it was just the basis of starting the second half of the season," Torre said. "Sometimes you think of the first half being the All-Star break, but our first half is now. We know what we need to do, basically. Nothing more than making sure that we're ready to play." "昨天與任何事情都無關;這只是球季第二階段的第一場例賽," Torre 表示。 "有時候你認為直到明星賽前是球季前半,但我們的上半季就是現在,基本上我 們知道需要做些什麼。沒有什麼事情比確定我們已經準備打場比賽更為重要。" Welcoming Wilson: The Yankees purchased the contract of right-hander Kris Wilson from Triple-A Columbus, adding an arm to the bullpen for Wednesday's game. 歡迎 Wilson :洋基與 3A 哥倫布買下右投手 Kris Wilson 的合約,替週三的 比賽增加一名牛棚投手。 With Ron Villone and Scott Proctor unavailable after Tuesday's blowout loss, Torre wanted another pitcher to serve as a long reliever to back up Mike Mussina, who experienced tightness in his groin during his last start. 在週二大爆炸之後 Ron Villone 與 Scott Proctor 都不能使用,Torre 想要另 一個投手來擔任長中繼以作為 Mike Mussina 的後援, Moose 在上次先發的時 候感覺鼠蹊部有點緊。 "He's an insurance policy," Torre said. "He was going to start tonight, so we have some length if we need it. I don't anticipate we will, but I feel better having him here, especially with the number of pitchers we used last night." "他是個預防措施," Torre 表示。" Moose 今晚先發,以防萬一我們需要有人 可以吃局數。我不希望得需要他上陣,但我有他在這裡我感覺會好點,特別是我 們昨晚使用了幾個投手。" "I've relieved and I've started, so I feel comfortable doing both," Wilson said. "Whatever they want me to do." "我後援過也先發過,所以我對這兩件事感到遊刃有餘。" Wilson 表示。"不管 他們要我去擔任什麼。" 註:我猜測他這邊有寫錯,所以我用我的直覺去翻 :P To make room for Wilson on the roster, the Yankees optioned outfielder Kevin Reese back to Columbus. 為了把 Wilson 放在名單,洋基用選擇權把外野手 Kevin Reese 放回哥倫布。 Wilson pitched for the Royals from 2000-03, going 14-9 with a 5.32 ERA in 90 games, 19 of which were starts. Wilson has been pitching for Columbus this season, going 6-5 with a 2.84 ERA to earn a spot on the International League All-Star team. Wilson 2000-03 替皇家投球過,九十場比賽的戰績是 14-9 5.32 ERA,19 次 先發。 Wilson 本季曾替哥倫布投球, 繳出 6-5 2.84 ERA 而取得在國際聯盟 (3A)全星星賽的一席之地。 Wilson signed with the Yankees last season, going 4-1 with a 4.28 ERA before undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow in September, a procedure he compared to "an oil change." Wilson 上一季與洋基簽約,九月在他的右手肘動關節鏡手術之前的成績是 4-1 4.28 ERA ,他把這個手術比做是 "換油。" "I knew my elbow wasn't allowing me to be the pitcher I'm capable of being," Wilson said. "The Yankees signed me last season, stuck with me, guided me through surgery and rehabbed me; I'm appreciative that I'm even here." "我知道我的手肘不准我成為過去那個身為身為投手的我," Wilson 說。"洋基 上一季簽下我,修復我,引導我接受手術與復健,能站在這裡我很感激。" Getting Guiel: New York claimed Aaron Guiel off waivers from the Royals on Wednesday, adding another outfielder to the mix. 取得 Guiel :週三紐約從皇家的讓渡名單中取得 Aaron Guiel ,增加另一名外 野手到名單中。 Guiel will likely join the Yankees on Thursday, at which time they will have to make a roster move. Torre said that the team would likely send a pitcher out, getting the staff back to 12. Guiel 將可能在週四加入洋基,到時候他們將必須更動球員名單。 Torre 表示 球隊可能送走一個投手,讓投手人數回到 12 名。 "It gives us a little more experience," Torre said. "I like Kevin Reese, but the best thing for him right now is to be playing every day. The opportunity to get a more experienced guy was something we felt was more important." "這讓我們稍微增加一點經驗," Torre 表示。"我喜歡 Kevin Reese ,但現在 對他來說最好的事就是每天打球,我們認為有機會得到較為經驗豐富的人是比較 重要的。" Guiel could share right-field duties with Bernie Williams, leaving Bubba Crosby as a full-time bench player. Guiel has a .245 average, 31 home runs and 117 RBIs in 263 career games with Kansas City, playing with the Royals from 2002-06. Guiel 能夠跟 Bernie Williams 分攤右外野的工作,讓 Bubba Crosby 擔任全 職板凳。 Guiel 在堪薩斯皇家生涯 263 場比賽的成績是 .245 打擊率 31 HRs 117 RBIs,在 2002-06 年間替皇家效力。 Guiel had three homers and seven RBIs in 50 at-bats this season. His best season came in 2003, when he hit .277 with 15 homers and 52 RBIs in 99 games. Guiel 本季 50 AB 裡繳出 3 HR 7RBIs 。他的生涯高峰是 2003 ,當時他在99場 比賽打出 .277 15 HRs 52 RBIs 。 "Our assessment is that he might be better than we have up here," Cashman said of Guiel, who still has a Minor League option remaining. "我們評估它可能會比我們現在放在那的好一些," Cashman 談到 Guiel ,而當 時他還在小聯盟。 Mo time: Mariano Rivera may not have the best statistics among the American League's four All-Star closers, but White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen, who will run the AL team at next week's game in Pittsburgh, plans to use the Yankees closer if there is a save situation. Mo 時間: Mariano Rivera 也許沒有美聯四名全星星終結者中最好的數據,但 在下週匹茲堡的比賽中將帶領美聯代表隊的白襪總教練 Ozzie Guillen ,打算 當有救援機會時使用這名洋基的終結者。 The other closers on the team are Boston's Jonathan Papelbon, Toronto's B.J. Ryan and Chicago's Bobby Jenks. 球隊裡其他的終結者是波士頓的 Jonathan Papelbon 、多倫多的 B.J. Ryan 與 芝加哥的 Bobby Jenks 。 "Mariano Rivera is on the team, Mariano Rivera is my closer," Guillen said. "It's not Bobby Jenks. Mariano Rivera is a [likely] Hall of Famer and this is maybe his last All-Star Game. What this guy has done in baseball, he should be my closer." "Mariano Rivera 在這支球隊裡, Mariano Rivera 是我的終結者," Guillen 表示。"不是 Bobby Jenks 。 Mariano Rivera 可能是名人堂選手而這可能是他 最後一次全星星賽。由於他在棒球的成就,他應該是我的終結者。" Rehab rumblings: Octavio Dotel threw a bullpen session Wednesday, the first time he has been on a mound since he was shut down with tendinitis in his elbow. 好事多磨的復健:週三 Octavio Dotel 在牛棚練投,這是他手肘發炎停止練習 後第一次站上投手丘。 Dotel came through the session without any problems, and he is scheduled to throw another side session this weekend in Tampa. When the Yankees leave Tampa for the All-Star break, Dotel will remain there, beginning another rehab assignment. Dotel 完成練投而沒出任何問題,他預訂這個週末在坦帕進行另一個部份的練投 。當洋基因為全星星賽離開坦帕後 Dotel 會留在那裡,開始另一個復健任務。 Dotel believes he will need just two or three outings before he will be ready to join the Yankees. Dotel 相信在他準備好加入洋基前他需要 2 或 3 次的練習。 "He's the one who has to be comfortable," Torre said. "Physically, we think he's fine." "他是那種能讓人愉快的人," Torre 說。"就生理而言,我們認為他一切正常。" Carl Pavano threw on flat ground Wednesday, and he could get on a mound sometime around the break. 週三 Carl Pavano 在平地傳球,明星賽之後某時他可能站上投手丘。 "We're still a long way away," Torre said. "We're looking for Pavano to help us in the last part of the season." "我們還有很長一段路要走," Torre 表示。 "我們寄望 Pavano 能在球季最後 一階段幫助我們。" Coming up: The Yankees close out their four-game set with the Indians on Thursday, as Randy Johnson (9-7, 5.25 ERA) takes on Cliff Lee (8-5, 4.69 ERA). First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET. 下一戰:週四洋基將結束他們與印地安人的四連戰,由 Randy Johnson (9-7, 5.25 ERA) 出戰 Cliff Lee (8-5, 4.69 ERA)。第一球於 7:05 p.m. ET 投出。 Mark Feinsand is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. 譯文僅供參考。 -- 長い助走が終わりつつあります。飛翔の為の準備を始めました。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
kasparov:推!! (第5頁 六→另 07/06 17:40
birdy590:看來要清牛棚了, 不知道誰會被丟掉 07/06 17:48
pathfinder:已訂正 XD 07/06 17:51
RollingWave:Beam or Smith.. most likely Beam.. 07/06 18:02
cpur2001:很好奇會讓誰離開@@ 07/06 19:35
johneric:參照這個新聞http://0rz.net/211z4,Chacon有點危險... 07/06 19:45
johneric:網址連在一起=.=.. http://0rz.net/211z4 07/06 19:47
zzman:推 07/06 20:06
hpk89:從季初的無敵陣容 到現在不斷拉一些聽都沒聽過的球員來補 07/06 20:41
hpk89:想著想著就覺得好心酸 07/06 20:42
jagdzaku:推"明星賽後某時"...有酸到 07/06 20:44
※ 編輯: pathfinder 來自: 220.132.95.124 (07/06 21:33)
k8543:有看有推.. 07/07 16:11