精華區beta NY-Yankees 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Offseason Q&A with Tyler Clippard Tyler Clippard 的季後問與答 原文 http://yankees.scout.com/2/342876.html By: Patrick Teale Date: Jan 17, 2005 Battle Creek starting pitcher, Tyler Clippard, sits down with PinstripesPlus.com for an offseason Q&A session to talk about the biggest life lesson he learned in high school, who he has been most impressed with in the Yankees' system, what his goals are for next season, and much more. (Free Preview of Premium Content) 巴特克里市的先發投手, Tyler Clippard 與 PinstripesPlus.com 坐下來進行 一場季後問與答座談會,內容是他在高中生涯所學到的最重要的人生課題。 Tyler Clippard 已經是洋基系統裡最讓人印象深刻的人物,他下一季的目標是 什麼,以及其他更多的問答,都在底下的內容裡。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: Give us a little bit about your high school background if you don't mind. 如果你不介意的話給我們一些關於你高中生涯的背景資訊吧。 Tyler Clippard 答: Well, I went to Palm Harbor High School in my freshman and sophomore years of high school, but didn't make the varsity team until I transferred to Mitchell High School for my junior year. I was the #1 guy on the staff for Mitchell HS. I went 6-2 with a 1.80 ERA. I believe I struck out 99 guys in 63 innings as a junior, walking 11. I won All-Conference honors and All-Sun Coast honors that year. I didn't get to play my senior year because my coach had a strict "no drinking" policy and I was charged with a DUI before the season. The coach kicked me off the team as a result and he would not give me a second chance. I had to go around to as many showcases as possible to let scouts see my stuff and it did cost me a lot in the draft, not pitching in high school my senior year. It was a bitter pill to swallow but I look back on it now and I realize that it probably was going to happen sooner or later and I am just thankful that I was able to learn such a valuable lesson so early in life without hurting others or myself. It helped me mature pretty quickly and you can bet I'll never do that again. 好,在我還是新鮮人的時候我就讀 Palm Harbor 高中然後再那讀到二年級,但 我直到我三年級時轉學到 Mitchell 高中以前我沒進入大學隊。我是 Mitchell 高中 投手群中的王牌。戰績是六勝二負與 1.80 防禦率。我想身為三年級在 66 局裡三振掉 99 人,保送 11 人。那一年我贏得 All-Conference 獎與 All-Sun 海岸獎。四年級時我沒參加比賽,因為我的教練有嚴格的 "禁止喝酒" 規定而我 在開季前因酒醉駕車被起訴。教練因此把我踢出球隊而他不願意給我第二次機會 。我得盡可能的到處亮相好讓球探看到我的資質,而在我四年級的時候沒在高中 投球讓我在選秀時損失重大。良藥苦口但現在我回頭看這件事,我明瞭這件事可 能遲早都會發生,我很感激能這麼早就學到如此珍貴的教訓,而沒有傷害到其他 人或我自己。這幫助我很快的成熟而你能斷定我不會再重蹈覆轍了。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: So you didn't get to play for your high school team your senior year? How did you get scouts to notice you? That must have been tough. 所以在你四年級的時候你沒進入你的高中校隊打球?你怎讓球探注意到你的?那 一定很困難吧。 Clippard 答: Honestly though, it all worked out well. I never wanted to be the guy in the spotlight. I want to be that guy that is not supposed to make it the Big Leagues. You know, I wanted to be the underdog. I went to a lot of showcases and went to the big showcase down in Jupiter. I played on the Florida Crush during that big showcase and our team finished 5th out of 162 teams. I pitched really well there and also flew up to Iowa for some indoor showcases. Ron Silver, a guy who runs a baseball academy down here in Florida called The Winning Inning, helped me set up some private workouts and he was a tremendous help. Since I wasn't able to play my senior year for my high school, I just had to get out there in front of as many scouts as possible by going to all of those showcases. The University of South Florida had signed me to play collegiate ball for them had I not signed a pro contract. 平心而論,這一切都運作的很好。我沒想要成為聚光燈下的主角。我想成為不被 期望能進大聯盟的人,你知道的,我想成為鬥敗的狗。我參加很多的比賽以及參 與在 Jupiter 的大比賽。我在佛羅里達的大比賽裡宰制全場而我們的球隊在 162 支球隊裡排名第五。在那我投的相當不錯,在一些室內比賽裡也敗給 Iowa 。Ron Silver ,一個在佛羅里達經營棒球學院的人中止致勝局,幫助我建立一 些私人訓練,他是相當大的助力。自從我不能在我四年級時幫我的高中打球後, 我得藉由參加這些比賽好增加在球探面前的出現次數。南佛羅里達大學在我還沒 簽下職業合約前簽下我替他們打大學棒球。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: So it sounds like you had a rough go of it your senior year. Take us back to draft day that year. What were your expectations heading into the draft that year? 聽起來你的四年級走的並不平順。帶我們回到那年的選秀日吧。你抱著什麼樣的 期待參加在那年的選秀? Clippard 答: It just all happened so fast. I was not sure where I was going to be drafted to be honest. I knew that I wasn't going to sign for less than $200,000 if it was any other team that drafted me except the Yankees. The Yankees had such a good reputation of treating their players well and they were close to my home in Florida. I was all set to go to college and work my way back up that way if I had to. Ryan Harvey was one of my best friends and he went 6th overall to the Cubs that year and so we were just waiting for my name to be called. It was real cool when the Yankees selected me. They were definitely one of my top choices and I was thankful that it was them that drafted me. 這一切發生的太快。老實說我不確定我到底能在選秀有多少成就。我知道除了洋 基之外其他任何選到我的球隊都會以二十萬以下的價碼來簽下我。洋基在厚待對 待球員這方面名聲卓著,而他們離我佛羅里達的老家近。我準備好去讀大學而如 果我得去(洋基)的話也已經對那條路做好準備。 Ryan Harvey 是我最好的朋友 而那年他以綜合第六順位進入小熊隊,然後我們只是坐著等候叫到我的名字。當 洋基選到我的時候真的很酷。他們絕對是我最好的選擇之一,我很感激球隊選擇 我。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: Okay, tell us a little bit about your first professional season after being drafted by the Yankees. How do you think your rookie season went? How do you feel about your progression thus far in the Yankees' system? 好的,告訴我們一些關於你被選進洋基後第一年的職業球季的事情吧。你認為你 的菜鳥球季會如何度過?對於你目前為止在洋基系統的進展有什麼感覺? Clippard 答: I thought my rookie season went as well as it could have. I was a little intimidated at first because everybody was so good. Once you are put into that situation, you're a little unsure if you are going to be good enough. I proved to myself I belonged when I had a start where I gave up no runs, striking out ten and walking one guy. It gave me a ton of confidence. I was humbled a few times this past year in Battle Creek. I thought I could have done better towards the end of the year last season, but overall, I was happy about the year that I had. 我想我的菜鳥球季表現如同預期的好。在一開始我有點被嚇到,因為每個人都這 麼好。一旦你身處那種環境,如果你想更進一步的話你會有些缺乏信心。當我先 發登板一分未失,十次三振一次保送時我證明自己屬於哪裏。那給我很大的信心 。在巴特克里市這一年我被修理了的幾次。直到那年最後一季以前我認為我能做 得更好,但總的來說,我對那一年的經驗感到高興。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: Have the Yankees hinted to you where you might start the 2005 season? PinstripesPlus:洋基有暗示過會在哪開始你 2005 年球季嗎? Clippard 答: They haven't given me any indication. I talked to my agent about it and we've heard nothing but good things as of now. I figured I must have a good Spring Training to start off in Tampa. 他們沒給我任何指示。我與我的經紀人談到這件事而我們目前為止沒聽到任何的 好消息。我清楚在坦帕的春訓我得有個好的開始。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: What are your goals for the 2005 season? 你 2005 年球季的目標是什麼? Clippard 答: Well my main goal is to be the #1 guy and be the best pitcher on the staff. I want to keep my ERA under 3.00 and keep my walks down. That's my two main things. I figure if I do that, the strikeouts will come. I just want to open some eyes and keep impressing people. That's the idea. That's how you get to the Major Leagues and stay there. The Yankees want good control from us and that is what I focus on. I feel like there is a shot of making it to AA- Trenton at some point next year, but not a good shot. I would have to put up some ridiculous numbers and pitch lights out for that to happen. But how likely is that? I just want to start off in Tampa in establish myself there. I am still real young and I can't get ahead of myself by any means. My goal has always been to get to the Major Leagues by 2007 and to stay there. I'm well on my way but I jees need to keep it going. 恩,我的主要目標是成為投手群裡的王牌。我想保持我的防禦率低於 3.00 以及 持續減少我的保送。這兩件事我的主要目標。很清楚如果我做到這些,三振自然 會來。我想要讓人大開眼界以及讓人印象深刻。這就是訣竅了。那就是如何昇上 大聯盟並站穩的方法。洋基希望我們有好的控球而這是我專注的目標。我覺得明 年某時有機會升到 2A 特頓,但那不是好的結果。但願我將繳出一些荒謬的數據 以及投的掏心掏肺好讓事情實現。但可能性多大?我只是想在坦帕出發在那建立 我自己的口碑。我仍然夠年輕而我不能不擇手段的推進自己。我的目標一直都是 在 2007 年昇上大聯盟然後站穩那裡。我會走的順當但我訝於得保持下去。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: What have you been doing this offseason to get ready for next season? You live near the Tampa complex, right? 你在本季後做了哪些為了下一季的準備?你住的離坦帕訓練營蠻近的,對吧? Clippard 答: Yeah, I live not too far from the Tampa complex and I work out there Monday through Friday during the offseason. There's two trainers there that oversee what I'm doing. They've got me on a weight training program. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I do med-ball work, agility stuff, and hit the weights, working out the lower and upper body on alternating days. Nardi and I went over my videotape and that has been a real advantage for me. It has helped a ton for sure and I feel like I'll have a 3-month head start on everybody else once Spring Training comes around. 是阿,我沒住的離坦帕訓練營太遠而我整個季後從週一到週五都在那練習。那裡 有兩名訓練員監測我的練習。他們協助我進行重量訓練。週一、週三與週五,我 做藥球運動、靈活度練習以及重量訓練,中間的日子則是舒展身體。 Nardi 跟 我看我的錄影帶而這對我頗有助益。這些無疑的幫了大忙而我覺得一旦春訓到來 時我將領先其他人三個月之久。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: Give us a scouting report on yourself. What type of pitches do you throw at what speeds? What is your approach on the mound? 給我們一份關於你自己的球探報告吧。你是什麼型態的投手以及你的球速?站上 投手丘時你的態度為何? Clippard 答: I throw a fastball, curveball, changeup. That's what the Yankees want us to do, to establish those three pitches. I've always wanted to throw a slider/cutter, but for now, I am focused on mastering those three pitches first. I throw a 4-seam fastball and a 2-seamer. My fastball is about 88-91 MPH and can throw it as fast as 94 MPH at times. My curveball is about 75-78 MPH and my changeup sits between 78-82 MPH. I pitch with my fastball. When I'm pitching well, it is when I am locating my fastball well. My curveball was my out pitch when I was in the Gulf Coast League and my changeup was my out pitch when I was in Battle Creek last year. I wasn't as confident with my curveball as I was my first year, but it will be there for me next year. I felt I lost it a little bit last year, but after talking with Nardi, I am not too worried about it. 我丟快速球、曲球、變速球。這是洋基希望我們去學,去擁有這三個球種。我總 是想投滑球/卡特球,但現在,我先專注於精通這三個球種。我丟四縫線與二縫 線快速球。我的快速球在 88-91 MPH ,有時候能投到 94 MPH 。我的曲球大約 75-78 MPH 而我的變速球在 78-82 MPH 之間。當我狀況好時,我控快速球控的 很好也主要用快速球。當我在灣岸聯盟時我的曲球是我的武器球,去年我在巴特 克里市時我的變速球是我的武器球。當第一年時我對我的曲球沒什麼信心。但隔 年一切改觀。我覺得去年我有點迷失,但之後與 Nardi 談過後,我不再擔心那 回事了。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: Of the positional players you've played with in the Yankees' system, who has the highest upside in your opinion? 你在洋基系統所共事過的潛力新人裡,你認為誰最優秀? Clippard 答: All around, Melky Cabrera has the highest ceiling I've seen. Melky will be more consistent coming up through the ranks. He's just a tough out. He puts the ball in play a lot. He has a strong arm and can cover a lot of ground out there in the outfield. I love having him out there when I'm on the mound. Matt Carson is guy that nobody really talks about a lot, but he has all the physical tools. He just needs to get his average up a little higher, and if he can hit better at the higher levels, I love his upside. Of course there's Eric Duncan. He is an unbelievable hitter. He's such a professional hitter at 19-years old, it is really ridiculous. His defensive skills just need to be refined but he's going to be great. 全部裡面, Melky Cabrera 擁有我所看過最高的潛力資質。經由排名 Melky 將 更常被討論。他是個天生好手。他把很多的球打進球場。他的臂力優異以及在外 野的守備範圍很大。當我登板主投時我很樂意有他在那兒。 Matt Carson 是那 種沒什麼人認真談論的人物,但他體質優異。他只需要把他的平均拉高一點,而 如果他在更高的等級能有更好的表現,我想他是佔上風的。當然還有 Eric Duncan 。他是一個難以置信的打者。在 19 歲時他就是一個如此專業的打者, 這的確挺荒謬的。他的防守技巧還需要精煉,但他會成為最優秀的選手。 * * * PinstripesPlus 問: What about the pitchers? Which pitchers in the Yankees' farm system have the highest ceilings, of the guys you've seen? 那其他投手呢?在你看過的洋基農場系統投手哪個有最高的潛力資質? Clippard 答: Matt DeSalvo is straight up dirty. He has like, six pitches, and has a ton of strikeout potential. Abel Gomez has got the most upside because he's so young. He throws 94 MPH and his delivery is really effortless. Gomez is real thin. If he adds any sort of mass to him, he's going to be real good. Matt DeSalvo 挺難纏的。他大概有六種球路,有潛力三振一堆人。 Abel Gomez 因為他夠年輕佔了最大的優勢。他能投 94 MPH 而且動作非常不費力。 Gomez 真的很瘦。如果他稍微增重的話,他會成為真的好手。 * * * PinstripesPlus.com would like to thank Tyler Clippard for taking the time to answer our questions this offseason. Be sure to visit the site 譯文僅供參考,翻譯錯誤的地方請告知。 --       A C E  C O M B A T 4       ─Shattered Skies─ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
WWWilliam:先拜 07/25 12:23
eyelace:大推 07/25 12:24
MikuruBeam:厲害^^ 07/25 12:46
asdfzx:謝推 看樣子還是不要交易媚兒姬比較好^^ 07/25 12:51
Tzylu:推 請問一下Clippard現在在哪阿? 07/25 13:13
VaROne:2A Trenton。 07/25 13:21
harunatsu:翻蠻爛的  07/25 13:27
asdfzx:要放大絕囉............................. 07/25 13:30
VaROne:如果你覺得翻的不好,可以重翻,不然樓下有一篇你試看看。 07/25 13:37
MikuruBeam:Va大 那個haruxxxxx專門酸別人的翻譯文 不用對他認真 07/25 13:53
eyelace:偎偎 板主板主~!!!七樓是不是違反板規了 07/25 15:19
※ 編輯: pathfinder 來自: 220.132.95.124 (07/31 18:59)