精華區beta Nets 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Nenad Krstic Quotes Nenad Krstic with Nets General Manager Ed Stefanski (July 27, 2004) Stefanski opening statement: To give a little background, obviously wedrafted him 24th in 2002. He was a little bit smaller than he is today. He's measured out seven foot, bare feet. We felt he had a lot of potential in the last two years. He has progressed nicely on the offensive end and he plays extremely hard. He to, like Kyle Davis, has to work on his body and Rich Dalatri (strenghth and conditioning coach) will be important in that aspect also. What we really love watching about him in the past couple of years is his desire. He really likes to play and he works hard on the court. So we think with his skills and our coaching abilities, then down the road, Nenad can definitely help our team. I don't think you can expect him to jump right into the fray of a NBA game and the speed of the game and the culture coming from Europe into the United States. We feel strongly that if he puts in the effort he can be a player in the NBA. What do you expect from yourself this year? Krstic: I don't know. I'm very excited just signing a contract. I expect to prepare very well and I expect to be playing the first year. Did you feel you that you have played enough in the Yugoslavian league that the time was right to make the jump? Krstic: I think the time was right to come to NBA. I played three years in Euro League, the best competition in Europe. I think I'm ready and I have a lot of experience. On playing time for the upcoming season. Krstic: I believe in myself and I'm working hard and I feel that everything will be okay. On his injury status. Krstic: Everything is fine, I had a medical examination yesterday on my hand. It happened two months ago. It's okay. I practice normally and I'm playing games with my national team. Did you follow the Nets while you are in Europe? Krstic: I watched some games. The NBA games are on very late over there and I have practice in the morning, so I can't watch every game. I watch some games and I'm very happy to be here and to play for this team. On his previous hand injury. Stefanski: We had an MRI, everything is fine as well as his foot. The doctor as cleared him. On being compared to other players in the NBA. Krstic: I don’t know. A lot of people compare me to Vlade Divac. I don’t know, I can't tell you. I’m Nenad. Is there anybody you grew up who you wanted to be like? Krstic: I liked Vlade Divac. He played basketball in my hometown. On strengths and weaknesses. Krstic: I think the coach can say something about that. I think I need to work on my upper body. I'm really working hard on every part of my body. What do you feel you do well right now? Krstic: I think I have a good shot from two point range. Stefanski: Nenad is pretty accomplished right now on his offense game. Back to the basket, he has a jump hook and he has a turnaround. He has college three-point range. I think his body will dictate what position he is going to gravitate towards, either the five or the four, but should be able to play a little of both down the line. Was he put on a workout program? Stefanski: Two years ago we put him on a program. What happened was, he hurt his hand so he stopped lifting. When did you start playing basketball? Krstic: When I was 11 I started playing. I was very tall and I liked playing basketball. What kind of experience will the Olympics give you? Krstic: I think it's great to play in the Olympic games. I think it’s the best preparation to play in the NBA. What are your goals? Krstic: I like to play. We'll see. I'll come here to practice very hard and to play and we'll see. Stefanski: One thing you keep hearing from me and I think you'll see, obviously, there's still work to be done. But the effort levels that he'll give you on the court, you'd like everyone to have that kind of effort. He keeps saying he likes to play basketball. He reminds me of Richard - RJ likes to just play ball. Nenad is the same, he likes to play, he doesn't mind practicing, same thing with Richard. It's nice when you get guys who just want to play basketball. That's been his MO throughout his career. http://www.nba.com/nets/news/nenad_krstic_quotes.html -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.162.203.193 ※ 編輯: bluewalker 來自: 218.162.203.193 (07/29 09:02)