精華區beta NewYork 關於我們 聯絡資訊
May I ask a question? Did any one ever use the USPS "change of address" service? I am moving out of state and need to contact a lot of people of my new address. If I can simply tell the USPS to forward my mail to me, that can save a lot of time. But if this will cause problems to people already and still live in the same address, then I would rather not do it. If you have experiences with the "change of address" service, Please kindly share. Thank you.! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 68.157.48.125 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: youngcl (dooley) 站內: NewYork 標題: Re: [問題] change of Address 時間: Tue Jan 24 06:42:55 2006 Try this https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=USPS However... Can mail be forwarded internationally? At this time, MoversGuide does not accept online change of address requests to forward mail to a foreign country ※ 引述《janetsky (陳小姐)》之銘言: : May I ask a question? : Did any one ever use the : USPS "change of address" service? : I am moving out of state and need to contact a lot of : people of my new address. : If I can simply tell the USPS to forward my mail to me, that : can save a lot of time. : But if this will cause problems to people already and still live : in the same address, then I would rather not do it. : If you have experiences with the "change of address" service, : Please kindly share. : Thank you.! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 63.166.115.40 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: janetsky (陳小姐) 看板: NewYork 標題: Re: [問題] change of Address 時間: Tue Jan 24 09:00:44 2006 ※ 引述《youngcl (dooley)》之銘言: : Try this : https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=USPS : However... : Can mail be forwarded internationally? : At this time, MoversGuide does not accept online change of address : requests to forward mail to a foreign country thanks. I might live in the US for too long to think internationally. By move out of state I mean leaving this state, not the states. When I say move out of state, somehow Taiwanese think I mean leaving the united states. (But Americans wouldn't think so. ) Back to the point, did you ever try to use that service before? Thank you for your precious time. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 70.152.240.12 ※ 編輯: janetsky 來自: 70.152.240.12 (01/24 09:01) ※ 編輯: janetsky 來自: 70.152.240.12 (01/24 09:02) > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: nickname (ji3) 站內: NewYork 標題: Re: [問題] change of Address 時間: Tue Jan 24 11:23:22 2006 ※ 引述《janetsky (陳小姐)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《youngcl (dooley)》之銘言: : : Try this : : https://moversguide.usps.com/?referral=USPS : : However... : : Can mail be forwarded internationally? : : At this time, MoversGuide does not accept online change of address : : requests to forward mail to a foreign country : thanks. I might live in the US for too long to think internationally. : By move out of state I mean leaving this state, not the states. : When I say move out of state, somehow Taiwanese : think I mean leaving the united states. : (But Americans wouldn't think so. ) not exactly :) [please forgive my wrong grammar in the sentences below] last time my classmate asked me if I would leave the state(s) during the winter break, and I said yes because I would go to NY Finally I found that she wanted to ask if I would go back to Taiwan. Regarding your question, I used the service last August and every thing has gone fine till now. (I still live in the same state) : Back to the point, did you ever try to use that service before? : Thank you for your precious time. -- 快樂是膚淺的、痛苦是深淵的 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 68.34.20.185 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: youngcl (dooley) 站內: NewYork 標題: Re: [問題] change of Address 時間: Tue Jan 24 15:06:16 2006 我的經驗 如果你說 go/be out of state 老外會覺得你是要出國 如果你說 from out of state 這是指你是從外州來的 如果你只是要說出遠門而不是出國的話 多半是用go out of city/town 不過我不是老外 只是我的經驗 回主題 網路上mail forwarding我試過滿多次 NY, NJ, NC, TX州際間或是州內 都沒問題 只有一次NC轉NC的失敗 本來以為說是因為我要他申請後三天就轉 太趕了 可是後來等了一兩週都沒轉 因為後來很快就又搬家了 所以也沒在意 沒記錯的話 在網路上作mail forwarding要付$1手續費 如果你直接去郵局拿表填寄 是不用付錢的 到郵局拿表的話 建議你先在郵局放表格的地方自己找找 有時候他們會放在外面讓你自己去拿 可以省去排隊的時間 (郵局的效率有夠差 尤其是紐約這種大都市...) 還有就是有些新的地址 可能郵局的資料庫中還沒有的 那你就一定要去領表手寫填寄 因為你用網路上填表時他會檢查地址 資料庫中沒有的他不讓你轉 btw 海外版有些字句特別容易讓人反感 甚至引起筆戰的 像是 我在國外住久了 所以blahblah 或是 台灣人都是blahblah 有時候說者無意但是聽者有心 ※ 引述《nickname (ji3)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《janetsky (陳小姐)》之銘言: : : thanks. I might live in the US for too long to think internationally. : : By move out of state I mean leaving this state, not the states. : : When I say move out of state, somehow Taiwanese : : think I mean leaving the united states. : : (But Americans wouldn't think so. ) : not exactly :) : [please forgive my wrong grammar in the sentences below] : last time my classmate asked me if I would leave the state(s) : during the winter break, and I said yes because I would go to NY : Finally I found that she wanted to ask if I would go back to Taiwan. : Regarding your question, I used the service last August and every thing : has gone fine till now. (I still live in the same state) : : Back to the point, did you ever try to use that service before? : : Thank you for your precious time. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 70.243.223.42 ※ 編輯: youngcl 來自: 70.243.223.42 (01/24 15:33) > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: janetsky (陳小姐) 看板: NewYork 標題: Re: [問題] change of Address 時間: Wed Jan 25 08:58:41 2006 Thank you very much. I sincerely apologize if I offend anyone. I will pay special attention about this issue. : btw 海外版有些字句特別容易讓人反感 甚至引起筆戰的 : 像是 我在國外住久了 所以blahblah : 或是 台灣人都是blahblah : 有時候說者無意但是聽者有心 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 70.152.198.246