精華區beta Oasis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
有買新專輯的mates應該都看過那本中文的"搖滾啟示錄"吧... 裡頭關於Noel對新專輯每首歌的小註解英文原文如下: Fucking in the bushes I was making a remix for James Lavells band Uncle. We had a day off when we had finished the recording and started to mess around with drum loopes. Step by step I the put down the bass line and a bit of guitar and we realised that it could get quite good.We had been watching a movie about the Isle of Wight 1970 festival and had been laughing at some of the people in the movie, so we sampled them. The beginning is a bit with the promoter, he is whining about all the hippies who tore down the fences round the festival area. Go let it out It started as a very slow, sad piece , almost John Lennon-ish. But then when we made the demo recordings and it all went faster and faster and it turned out a lot heavier. I played a Paul McCartney like bass line and we decided to find as many instruments from the sixties as we could, old mellotrones and sitar sounds. Who feels love It’s a bit like "Dear Prudence", abit like "Lucy in the sky...", very much like oasis and sounds very big(don’t know the exact word,sorry). You can dance to it. I wrote the song one early morning in Thailand one and a half year ago. I wanted to get away from London for a while. We visited alot of temples and I guess I caought the atmosphere there. Put your money where your mouth is This song was made up by accident when we did the demo recordings. We liked the energy in it. But I’d like to do more work with the lyrics, it`just the same words repeated over and over again. Little James This is Liam’s first song, it’s dedicated to Patsy Kensit and James, her son with Jim Kerr. One day when Liam was in one of the rooms we let a mic on when he played the song quitly for himself. We recorded it without telling him. Some days later he went on a vacation with patsy and we wrote down the lyrics, arranged the song, and when he came back from Teneriffa the song was complete and he could go into the studio and sing. Gas panic Abit like Led Zeppelin, a bit like eardeafening hip-hop. 2 years ago I used to get heavy panic attacks. The time was 4 one morning and I couldn’t sleep. Most of the times I used to wake up Meg and then she had to stay up and talk to me all night. But this night she didn’t wake so I decided to get a guitar and write a song about how I felt. Where did it all go wrong? This song will remind people that we are a Rock band. The text is about all the rich a famous people who used to come along home with me and tell me about their problems. a lot of rich people are mentally ill and self destructive. They think that they will get well again if they check in to private clinics every 6 months. But they can only sort out their own problems themselves. Sunday morning call The song is about a special person. A wonderful person who lives life to the fullest but cant deal with set-backs. I can’t tell you who it is. I Can see A Liar This sound a bit like Sex Pistols, the song could had been on "Never mind the bollocks". It’s Liams favourite and he always have to get his favourites on the records. Liam is like Liam is and he always use to whine. He doesn’t stop until he gets his way. Roll it over My personal favourite. It’s about people who gossip, I know many people who does that, espacially woman. It’s an up-beat song that points in the direction that we want to gpo in the future. It’s more influenced by gospel, abit bigger(again I don’t know the word) and more psychedelic. >> Cheers! Patsy "Gallagher" -- Liam only drinks twice a week now, which is Monday-to- Thursday and Friday- to-Sunday. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: stmail.fju.edu.tw