精華區beta Oasis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
這是Noelrock板主Julieanne致所有成員有關新專輯的一封信 我看了覺得頗感動... 她主要是提到新專輯真是太棒了 感覺上有種不同於以往的沉穩,低迷和流暢感 無論是詞或曲都好像染上一層淡淡的感傷和心境成熟的反映 是張即使在夜晚聆聽也很適合的專輯(她還提到前幾張因為很多歌都會讓她high起來 又唱又跳的,所以一定不能在半夜放...;) 她也反駁那些說Liam的聲音變差的批評 並贊美Liam在Roll It Over 和 Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is的表現 她個人最喜歡的是Noel唱的那兩首Where Did It All Go Wrong 以及 Sunday Morning Call... 最後她說Big Brother的廠標設計得很酷哦... 唉...害我又想去訂英版的專輯了...^-^~ Patsy "Gallagher" Hi Carol and everyone In answer to your question/survey, I absolutely LOVE it. The whole album hangs together as a masterpiece. I am absolutely thrilled with it. I don't think I could really liken it to the other albums. AND IT'S NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! For you Carol and anyone else who knows me, you'll know how much I'm into the prog and retro thing anyway, so for me, Oasis going in this direction, is like a dream come true. The whole feel of the album is very laid back and mellow. I have always found it difficult to relax and listen to an Oasis album in its entirity late at night, cos some of the tracks get me hyped up so much I just wanna get up and dance, so this is a first in that respect. I think the songs as a whole are certainly more reflective and poignant, much more maturity on Noel's part. For some of these critics who are saying Liam's voice is not as good as it was, they must be listening with ear muffs on. Liam sounds gorgeous, particularly on Roll It Over and Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is. The best two songs on the album - still for me Where Did It All Go Wrong and Sunday Morning Call. They are just wonderful, Noel sounds mega. A Noel solo album cannot come soon enough for me. He sounds better than ever. I also have the CD album of 'Don't Let It Out', the SOTSOG demos on which Noel sings every track except Little James, plus Carry Us All, Solve My Mystery, Cigs in Hell, Getting Older and It's A Crime. If you haven't heard these tracks I think in one of the recent interviews, Noel mentioned they would be B-sides. You should hear Noel's version of Go Let It Out. It's incredible! There's some weird sampling at the beginning of it. A woman saying "a lot's changed since 1967" and then a man (which I at first thought was Whitey, then decided it wasn't) commenting on "promiscuous sex" and "mind expanding drugs". It is amazing! It sounds as though Noel is having a riot on this track and trying not to laugh! And Noel's version of I Can See A Liar is extraordinary, I think it's better than Liam's. That version of the album was a birthday pressie from my friend and it's arguably just as good as the released version. It's a proper album, proper studio quality, none of this bootleg or MP3 rubbish. I don't know where you can get it though, other than in MP3. But if you can even get a taped copy you are in for a real bonanza. My only crit of the album apart from it not being long enough, is that the musicianship is NOT brilliant, but this is quite understandable if you read that Mojomag interview in which Noel was explaining how Bonehead was out on the piss all the time. And besides, I've gotten used to Oasis sounding incredible with Andy and Gem in recent months. Interestingly the album doesn't say 'Oasis are...' anywhere and there are only pics of Liam, Whitey and Noel in the insert, so I guess everything was done and dusted before Andy and Gem joined which contradicts some of the rumours that certain tracks were re-recorded. I wonder how much in terms of royalties Bone and Guigsy will get, if anything. They are not mentioned anywhere. After hearing this and the path Noel has chosen to take and Liam's obvious suitability and enthusiasm for it, can you imagine what the NEXT album is going to be like? Magnificent songs with Andy and Gem re-defining the process in the studio. There are so many new creative doors now open to Noel with those two on board. I can't wait for it! As Noel said in that interview I referred to, it is only on the NEXT album that they will really have a new start and re-define their music. Gotta go, never meant to write this much. Julieanne PS - The Big Brother logo is COOL! It looks like something from the musical hall era! Nice one! -- 我是派西蓋勒格 暱稱是班森與哈吉斯 Patsy-Liam的演員老婆 Gallagher-Liam和Noel的姓 Benson & Hedges-Noel最愛的香煙牌以及他們家兩隻貓的名字 Cheers! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: stmail.fju.edu.tw