精華區beta Oasis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
嗯...不好意思把自己在英文作文會話課的文章拿來板上獻醜啦;) 第一篇是我自己從小到大聽音樂的歷程檢視 和Oasis如何像音樂沙漠裡綠洲般豐盈了我的生命,賦予的它另一層意義 對我來說,其他音樂就像海市蜃樓一樣地虛幻,不踏實吧... 以下就是不翻譯的原作: Feeling Holy-A Quest to "Oasis" By Carol Lin(我的真名啦;) Once I was a lonely traveler wandering in the music desert. At the age of twelve, I entered it for I was attracted by a heartbreaking sound of two-stringed Chinese musical instrument; I used to think that there wasn't any other music more desolate, sorrowful and lonesome. I remeber clearly that I always played a melody called "You, Standing in the Wind" after school. As a sentimental girl in my early teens, I felt like I was in the midst of suffering; everything seemed to act against me. Until now I am still afflicted by an unpleasant past experience that during a certain period of my life, almost every girl in my class refused to talk to me, even my best friend. However, the most ironic thing is that I didn't have any clue at all why I underwent such a "public isolation." But there was one thing I could be sure of: I was all by myself; I had to do everything on my own. Naturally, this simple but emotional two-stringed music became my only and best company, sharing all my bitter tears. Then, as I grew older and went on farther, I found that I needed to learn another language to communicate with foreigners, to broaden my vision, and to enrich my journey. Therefore, through the process of learning a major foreign language-English, I gradually experienced the cultural shock and differences. In contrast to the repressed emotion the traditional Chinese music showed, those English love songs sounded a lot more direct and open. Coincidentally, it happened to be the time I became interested in the opposite sex, and strangely, I often had crush on men who were much older than me. Therefore, I felt completely identified with those sweet, loving lyrics, but at the same time despairingly I knew my blind love could never be granted. Every time when I sang along with the flowing melody, it seemed to satiate my craze for an unreachable love. However, as the exam pressure increased in my last high school year, I got a lazy disease called "tiredness plus pessimism." I began to seek momentary escape from all those deadly mathematic formulas and geographic terms. "Rock 'n roll" was the emergency room. When I threw myself into those powerful drumbeats and noisy guitar sounds, all my nerves and veins were livened up. Through screaming and jumping with the music, I was able to vent all my anxiety and regained energy.Sometimes I even went into ecstasies while soaking myself in the center of this whirling storm. But eventually I became numbed; those heavy sounds started to mix up together and slowly faded away like a blur background music, which never went deep into my ear. I lost in a mirage where all kinds of music seemed nothing but illusion to me. I couldn't get any special feeling from any music any more. Although they sounded beautiful and smooth, I knew they no longer touched my heart. I needed something that can turn me on, can make my ilfe meaningful, and can make me complete. I was longing for my grail in the music desert. I'd been traveling for a long while and I really wanted to settle In between hope and despair, I saw the dazzling glisten of water from distance. As I got closer and closer to the source of light, my heart also beat faster and faster, "Will it be the oasis I've been looking for?" The answer was never so sure since I heard the magical music flowing out of that "Wonderwall," an abstract love song decorated with abundant striking sound of acoustic guitar. In front of me located an amazing "Oasis," which consists of many incredible songs and lyrics composed by Noel Gallagher, who, I believe, is the chief of this extraordinary place. Also, behind the trees of microphone, guitar, drum and bass stood another four members. The whole combination shaped a band with the devil-may-care attitude and impressive arrogance. They got that grail- the never-ending talent and potential to make eternal songs. It's difficult to tell exactly how I fell in love with Oasis. I've never heard of such special vocals, which are both cunningly sharp and heartbreakingly warm. From the many concert videos I watched, no matter how excessively aggressive and powerful their music is, the blokes of Oasis stood carelessly and calmly with Liam, the leading vocals, firmly behind the mike. He always clasped his hands behind his back, lifting his chin to the angle of 45 degrees. Almost completely motionless, he snarled out so much electric energy focused in his deep and instinct feeling and emotion.Listen to Liam singing is such an exciting and inspiring experience that I truly feel holy towards the whole band! Also, Oasis' melody made my heart itching; as the opening of a song begins, the slight electric shock will run through my whole body. Then, all I know is that I can't help singing with the tune. In fact, the chords Noel uses to compose songs are quite simple; however, through his magical arrangement, each song is gifted with life and irresistible charm; it's the kind of music that can fill every void of my body. Incredibly, reading their lyrics arouses my passion and pride for life and myself. Their lyrics directly express the human desires for freedom, liberty and dreams. They often remind me that we're unique individuals and we definitely should go for it while we are young. "Live Forever" is probably the best example to show this kind of wild spirit. It's a song about how important we should concentrate on our own life and achieve our impossible dreams to live forever spiritually, to die without regrets. I think in this song I also see my own primal longing to achieve my dreams and leave some extraordinary deeds to "live forever," to achieve spiritual immortality. My attitude of life has become more positive and active since I got in touch with Oasis' music, especially their meaningful lyrics. I am more courageous and more determined to do what I want to do during my limited life. So far my quest has come to an end ; I've found my Oasis in the music desert. However, my true discovery is just about to begin. From now on, I'm going to uncover what's sleeping in my soul by the holy name of Oasis. 全文完 哇!連paste自己的作文都花了大半個小時... 呼!再接再勵...下篇是Oasis和Blur之間的Brit-pop星際大戰... Patsy "Gallagher" -- 我是派西蓋勒格 暱稱是班森與哈吉斯 Patsy-Liam的演員老婆 Gallagher-Liam和Noel的姓 Benson & Hedges-Noel最愛的香煙牌以及他們家兩隻貓的名字 Cheers! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: pho.sedorm.fju.edu.tw