→ krajicek:看來我也可算是瞭解他的人,大概都猜對 推 218.165.53.68 12/18
→ krajicek:他美網之後的動向:p 推 218.165.53.68 12/18
→ establish:克兄強啊:p 推 61.59.176.214 12/18
→ ouch:能成為他的天敵,當然要夠了解他囉 :P 推 203.203.34.127 12/18
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------- <
作者: establish (Est) 看板: tennis
標題: [情報] Sampras的近況之二
時間: Thu Dec 19 12:02:37 2002
Sampras will play at least one more year on the tour
Sampras將至少再打一年
December 17, 2002 Bill Dwyre, Times] Tennis star Pete Sampras ended the
speculation Tuesday. He will play at least one more season on the tour, his
16th, but will skip the first major of 2003, the Australian Open in Melbourne
in mid-January.
"I'll start in February in San Jose," he said, "and then go right from there to
tournaments in Scottsdale, Indian Wells and Miami."
He is skipping the Australian because the timing of his decision to keep
playing won't allow him to properly prepare for the tournament. But after he
begins in San Jose, he said it will be business as usual. He will play the
three remaining Grand Slam events, the French in May, Wimbledon in June and
the U.S. Open in September, and schedule other tournaments as his health and
inclination dictate.
He said he does not want his 2003 season to be viewed as some sort of farewell
tour.
"I'm just going to see how it goes, just kind of ride the wave and see how far
it takes me," he said.
Until he won his 14th Grand Slam event title at the U.S. Open three months ago,
the only retirement talk involving the 31-year-old was by the media. Before the
Open, he had not won an event, much less a major, since making men's tennis
history with his 13th Grand Slam title in the 2000 Wimbledon, a span of 26
months.
As the losses piled up, most of his postmatch news conferences were dominated
by gently worded questions about whether he was near the end.
"The last couple of years were tough," he said Tuesday. "It took a lot out of
me, emotionally, to not play well and to have to talk about it all the time."
But once he shocked the sports world with his dramatic U.S. Open victory over
Andre Agassi in the final, the euphoria of that 14th major title "two more than
any other man" was such that he agonized about ending his career on that high.
"Of all the majors, that was the sweetest," he said. "It was just hard to top
that. There were many moments when I seriously talked about stopping. Once I
won, I felt like I had wiped out two years of criticism in two weeks of tennis."
He has not played a competitive match since beating Agassi, and that inactivity
fueled speculation that he would retire. He used the time to ponder his future
at home in Beverly Hills and said his closest advisors were his wife,
Bridgette Wilson, the actress who recently gave birth to their first child,
son Christian; plus his father, Sam, and his brother, Gus.
"I kept looking for something to tell me, for somebody to give me an answer,
" he said. "But there wasn't one moment, not any one conversation, some quote
or even something I heard on TV. Sometime last week, I just decided. The talk
of not playing seemed a little scary, and I've kept playing enough around here
since the Open to know that I still enjoy playing.
"And now that I've decided, that I'm announcing it and letting people know,
it feels good. I'm relieved. And the goals are the same as they were 10 years
ago, to win majors."
He will make one concession to age. He will go from his old Wilson racket with
85 square inches of hitting surface - the smallest used by anybody on the men's
tour - to another one, specially made for him by Wilson, with 90. The usual
club player's racket is 110 square inches.
"I've played with the same racket since I was 14," he said, "and the technology
on the old one has about run its course. I need to try something a little
upgraded. My arm was getting sore last year.
"I understand that, week in and week out, I don't have what I had when I was
No. 1 in the world (1993-1998). To do that, to stay there, it has to be your
total life, you have to live and breathe it. But that doesn't mean I can't
still win the big ones. That's why I play."
When it is time for him to retire, there are business interests already in
place. The new Carson sports complex, being built by Phil Anschutz and
scheduled to be finished this summer, will be home to the Pete Sampras Tennis
Academy. And he also has an investment interest in the Tennis Channel,
scheduled to debut this spring.
"My name is on it [the tennis academy], and so I'll be there," he said. "
I'll play exhibitions and have a presence. That will be more of a focus as I
wind down."
But for now, the only winding down Pete Sampras will be doing will be after
more big matches in more big tournaments.
山普拉斯決定繼續征戰 備戰倉促將缺席明年澳網
ESPNSTAR.COM.TW 2002年12月19日 11:40 來源:
美國洛杉磯12月18日消息,美國網球名將山普拉斯上周終於做出決定,將在2003年繼
續自己的網球事業,但將缺席年初的澳洲網球公開賽。
31歲的山普拉斯自去年美網男單決賽中擊敗阿加西奪冠後,一直對是否繼續參加網球
比賽遲遲不做決定,這也成?男子網壇一段時間來的一個焦點話題。現在老桑終於表態了,
在徵求了妻子和父兄的意見後,他決定繼續征戰一年,但由於感覺備戰澳網的時間過於倉
促,將缺席將于明年1月13日揭幕的首個大滿貫賽事。
山普拉斯此前曾經奪得了1994年和1997年的澳網男單冠軍,今年的美網奪冠是他創紀
錄地第14次問鼎大滿貫賽事冠軍。
山普拉斯計劃明年2月重返賽場,聖何塞公開賽將是他參加的首個賽事,此外法網、
溫網和美網也都將悉數參加。
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw)
◆ From: 61.59.176.214
※ 編輯: establish 來自: 61.59.176.214 (12/19 15:05)
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------- <
作者: establish (Est) 看板: tennis
標題: [情報] Sampras近況續
時間: Sat Dec 21 16:25:15 2002
Annacone quits USTA to rejoin Sampras
Posted by ippcp on 12/20/2002 (Views: 9)
[December 20, 2002 Matthew Cronin] After overseeing a massive restructuring of
the USA Tennis High Performance program that included dismissing its coaching
staff, Managing Director Paul Annacone abruptly quit the organization on
Thursday to resume coaching Pete Sampras full time, stunning some staffers who
expected him oversee the program he worked so hard to reinvent.
``The opportunity to rejoin Pete at this time in his career is special for
both of us, and an opportunity I could not pass up, and one that requires
full-time dedication,'' Annacone said.
"The coaches I talked to were pretty stunned," one USTA staffer told
tennisreporters.net. "It was completely unexpected."
Annacone, who joined the USTA in late 2001 after Sampras dismissed him, spent
much of this year creating the USA Tennis High Performance national training
center concept, which will begin operation next year at AEG's sports complex
in Carson, California, and add more staff and programs to its existing site
in Key Biscyane, Florida.
Until November 2001 when he and Sampras parted ways, Annacone had coached
Sampras for seven years. But after a mediocre 2001, Sampras decided to go
in another direction, briefly hiring Tom Gullikson and then Jose Higueras to
coach him. After a disastrous Wimbledon, he parted ways with Higueras and
rehired Annacone to coach him through the US Open, which he won in sterling
fashion.
Sampras has not played this fall and will skip the '03 Aussie Open before
beginning play at the '02 Siebel Open in San Jose in February. After briefly
considering retirement, Sampras is apparently planning another major assault
on the Grand Slams next year. One of the reasons why he dismissed Higueras
was that Higueras refused to join him full-time. That Sampras demanded the
same out of Annacone is not out of the question.
"I'm sure that in his mind that he thinks that if he can stay focused like he
did at the U.S. Open, he can win Roland Garros," Annacone said of Sampras
desire to win the one Grand Slam title that eludes him. "And I know how
upset he was at Wimbledon. Those are the types of goals that can keep him going
."
唔,Annacone的犧牲這下大了…不過,通常職網選手的教練薪水是多少?有沒有人知道?
:p我當然不是說Annacone是為了錢才又跟Pete合作…反正錢應該也存了不少了。:P
都合作了七年以上了。
不過法網真的是有些遙遠了點…溫網可以努力。我是有球賽看就好了,哈哈,加油吧