精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
http://abc.net.au/news/sport/tennis/2002/12/item20021229131608_1.htm Henman out of Aus Open Tim Henman has pulled out of next month's Australian Open after failing to recover from shoulder surgery. On Sunday the British number one said he felt his shoulder had not recovered sufficiently since undergoing arthroscopic surgery in November. "This was a very difficult decision to make. I've been working hard and much progress has been made but it's not quite there yet and I've said all along that I was only going to make the trip to Australia if I felt my shoulder was fully recovered," Henman said. The news is a blow to organisers of the opening grand slam of the year which will also be without last year's semi-finalist Tommy Haas who is also suffering from a shoulder injury. Pete Sampras has also said he would not make the trip Down Under. Henman's absence from the Melbourne Park extravaganza means he misses a Grand Slam for the first time since 1995 when he did not compete in Australia or at the French Open. He has been ever-present on the major stages since. Realistic chance The world number eight had been due to take part in the invitational Commonwealth Bank International event at Kooyong, which starts on January 8, followed by the first Slam of the year on January 13. "Obviously the Australian Open is a very important event and one which I was very keen to participate in. I always enjoy my trips to Australia at the beginning of the year and my goal was to try and compete there again if at all possible," Henman said on his personal website. "However, at this stage of my career I am only interested in making the trip if I feel I can compete with the very best players in the world and have a realistic chance of winning the title. "Having only just got back onto the practice court I feel I would be rushing my rehabilitation if I was to compete in five-set matches in just over two weeks' time so my long-term health has to come first. "After all, we're only talking about missing one official event - the first Grand Slam I've missed since 1995 - and that will give me another month to continue my re-hab and hopefully return to action all the better for it." Huge blow Henman still hopes to head Down Under in February to represent Britain in the Davis Cup first round clash against Australia. But Henman's news will come as a blow to captain Roger Taylor who has already lost British number two Greg Rusedski through injury. "Losing Greg was obviously a huge blow for the team but we've got to try and cope as we did so successfully against Thailand," Henman said. "I'm planning to travel out to San Diego to hook up with (coach) Larry Stefanki and then, depending on my progress, I could travel straight to Australia from there if I've fully recovered. "In the meantime I'm going to continue to work hard in the hope that the decisions I'm making now will enable me to regain full fitness and continue to play at the highest level for the next five years." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 203.213.54.203 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: esnique (小鱷) 看板: Tennis 標題: Re: Henman澳網退賽 時間: Sun Dec 29 14:55:40 2002 【中文版】 [網壇動態]肩傷迄今未能痊癒,大滿貫賽事常客亨曼無奈退出澳網 [路透澳洲珀斯電]因肩部手術後無法及時恢復,亨曼(軒文/韓曼)已 退出下月的澳洲網球公開賽。 這位英國排名第一的選手周日表示,在11月接受關節內窺鏡手術之 後,他感覺自己的肩部尚未完全康復。 「這是一個非常艱難的決定。我一直努力恢復,也取得了很大進展, 但迄今並未完全康復。我一直都表示,只有當肩部完全康復時,我 才會去澳洲參賽,」亨曼說。 這條消息對于明年第一場大滿貫賽事的組織者來說是一個打擊--他 們已經失去了去年的準決賽選手哈斯(夏斯),後者同樣受到肩傷困 擾。 桑普拉斯(森柏斯/山普拉斯)也已表示不會參加澳網。 此番無緣墨爾本公園(MelbournePark)的盛大賽事,是亨曼自1995年 缺席澳洲和法國公開賽以來,首度錯過大滿貫賽事。自1995年以來 他一直是大滿貫賽事的常客。(完) --翻譯黃建松/王燕昆 ======================================== 哎:( -- ☆小鱷☆ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.230.100.230
Escude:有點可憐他說 受傷還是不太好 :( 推 218.187.32.132 12/29
krajicek:為了不錯過溫布頓,現在動手術正是時刻 推 218.165.53.200 12/29