精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
from AUA OPEN Injury forces Safin and Malisse out Saturday, 18 January, 2003 by嗰urray Brust Last year's Australian Open runner-up Marat Safin has been forced out of the tournament due to a wrist injury, while Belgian Xavier Malisse has retired during the fourth set of his third-round clash with David Nalbandian because of a sore arm. Safin, the No.3 seed, says he is finding it hard to even hold a racquet after hurting his wrist when he fell during his first-round victory over Dutchman Raemon Sluiter. The big-serving Russian was given a pain-killing injection before his second round match and, despite the discomfort, scored a four-set win over Spaniard Albert Montanes. However after that match he couldn't move his wrist and the tournament doctor detected a small tear in a ligament. Safin will be out of action for two to three weeks as he recovers from his second injury setback of the year, after he was forced out of the adidas International with a shoulder injury. The 22-year-old is now in doubt for Russia's Davis Cup tie against the Czech Republic next month. Safin's withdrawal sees German Rainer Schuettler advance to a fourth- round encounter with the winner of the James Blake-Alberto Martin match. Malisse trailed Nalbandian 6-4, 2-6, 0-6, 0-3 when he decided that he could not continue. "Just around the third, fourth game, my arm started hurting," Malisse said. "Every time, extending it, the forehand and service, it just got worse and worse. I've been playing a lot of matches after two months off and that's probably why." Nalbandian, the 2002 Wimbledon finalist, will face Roger Federer in the fourth-round. -- ☆小鱷☆ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.230.105.112
Youzhny0625:Marat,保重身體啊><! 推 61.225.193.109 01/18