精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 Williams 看板] 作者: zerkchu (zerkchu) 看板: Williams 標題: [情報] Serena Withdraws from the Bank of the West Classic 時間: Mon Jul 21 09:40:12 2003 Serena Withdraws from the Bank of the West Classic July 20, 2003 STANFORD, Calif. – World No. 1 Serena Williams has withdrawn from the Bank of the West Classic because of pain in her left knee. Williams was due to make her debut at the Bank of the West Classic, her first tournament since defending her title at Wimbledon two weeks ago. “Obviously, I’m very disappointed that I can’t play at Stanford, especially because it would have been my first time playing there,” Williams said. “I heard that it’s a great tournament, and I was looking forward to it, but I really can’t play with my knee in pain right now.” As per WTA Tour rules, Williams’ withdrawal prior to the release of the schedule of play results in the following changes to the singles draw (updated draw attached): No. 3 seed Jennifer Capriati (USA) fills Williams’ spot in the draw (line 1). No. 5 seed Jelena Dokic (YUG) fills Capriati’s former spot in the draw (line 9) and will now have a first-round bye. Lisa Raymond (USA) will move into Dokic’s former spot in the draw (line 8) and will play Yoon Jeong Cho (KOR) in the first round. A lucky loser or qualifier, who will be determined after qualifying rounds are completed, will fill Raymond’s former spot (line 29). 小威竟然也受傷了,史丹佛今年的比賽陣容更加薄弱... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 211.74.97.245 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 211.74.97.245