精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Injured Agassi Withdraws Andre Agassi, 2001 Pacific Life Open champion and current ATP Champions Race leader, today withdrew from the Pacific Life Open because of a right shoulder injury. Agassi, who was an ATP-best 12-1 this year after winning the Australian Open in January and San Jose last month, had been the No. 2 seed for this year's event, which begins men's main draw play on Monday and continues through Sunday, March 16 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Agassi will be replaced in the draw by Gaston Gaudio of Argentina, who is the next-highest-ranked player in the draw. Gaudio will battle 1998 Pacific Life Open champion Marcelo Rios in the first round. Gaudio's place in the draw will be filled by either a qualifier or a "lucky loser," the highest-ranked player who did not advance from the final round of qualifying. "I came here with every intention of competing this week," said Agassi. "But after practicing yesterday, the injury is severe enough that there is no way I will be able to play. I will miss playing in Indian Wells and look forward to coming back next year." "We are saddened by Andre's withdrawal and wish him well in his recovery," said Charlie Pasarell, Pacific Life Open tournament director. "I know the fans were looking forward to seeing him compete and hope he will be back out on the court soon and back here in 2004. Tomorrow kicks off our first round of the men's draw which could be some of the most exciting matches in many years." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 203.213.56.215
establish:OMG....別出大事就好.... 推 61.64.102.144 03/10
ouch:嗯...那這樣Hewitt應該到溫網前都是seed#1 推 203.203.34.127 03/10
morsten:退賽好了,就算打也很大機會被Rios拉下馬 推 61.70.91.11 03/11