精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Defeats American wild card Robby Ginepri in three tough sets. Carlos Moya was stretched to his limits in a three-set victory over American Wild Card Robby Ginepri. Carlos Moya advanced to his first-ever NASDAQ-100 Open semifinals Wednesday with a three-set victory over fast-rising American Robby Ginepri. Moya has played fantastic tennis this week -- especially at pressure moments going 3-1 in tiebreaks to this point -- and it was no different on a warm overcast day at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park, as Moya came from a set down to put away Ginepri, 6-7(5), 6-3, 7-6(4). "It was a tough match. I think I made it more complicated," said Moya. "I had chances to win that first tiebreak. But he's a great player. I wasn't able to break his serve much... He's a complete player, but he didn't play the same on the big points." "I had nothing to lost out there. When I wake up tomorrow, I'm not going to look back because I know I gave it all I had," said Ginepri. Earlier this week, Ginepri joked to a friend in the locker room that it was a weird feeling being at a major tournament this late in the game. But he didn't look out of place today in Miami, pushing Moya the full distance and coming within just two points of the match at 6-5, deuce in the third set. "I love playing out here on Stadium Court, the fans really get into the match." It was one of those matches where the excellent tennis just got better as the match progressed building to a crescendo towards the end of the third set. Moya jumped out to a quick lead in the opening set breaking twice to go up 4-1. Ginepri settled down and broke back twice to level the match at 5-5 all and force a tiebreak. In the first set tiebreak, Ginepri came back from 3-0 and 5-2 deficits, winning five consecutive points to take the first set on a nice touch drop volley. "It wasn't easy when you are playing in a quarterfinal and you see you have chances and you lose them," said Moya of the first set. "It was tough after that. I didn't think I played my best tennis... but I think I played well in important moments." Moya was content to stay patient, rally from the baseline and use his first serve to earn free points on his service games. He took the second set 6-3. In the third set, the two traded service holds, playing some fantastic points from the backcourt and going to a tiebreak. Ginepri went up in the tiebreak 4-2, but Moya turned the tables with his experience and steadiness to win five consecutive points and the match 7-4. "I think he played a great tiebreak," said Ginepri. "It might have gone differently if I had made that backhand volley at 3-1 [to go up 4-1. That was a key point." Moya now faces the winner of the Todd Martin, Paradorn Srichaphan quarterfinal to be played Wednesday night. Moya is the first Spanish player to reach the semifinals since Francisco Clavet in 1999 and is looking to be the first Spaniard into the finals since Sergi Bruguera lost to Thomas Muster in 1997. "Todd is never getting old. He's still there, he knows how to play the game, how to play tennis. Paradorn is exciting to watch and I think he is one of the hottest guys on tour. I have no preference," said Moya about his next opponent. And with countryman Albert Costa playing his quarterfinal tomorrow against Roger Federer, there's still the possibility of an all-Spanish final for the first time here. "I did my job and we'll have to see. Albert's playing one of the hottest players in Federer." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.64.85.206
FCharlotte:借......轉.....^^~ 推 61.225.197.94 03/27