精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Agassi Cruises Defeats Chang by same 6-4, 6-2 score as one month ago. One month ago, these two American champions met in the first round indoors at the Siebel Open in San Jose. It was Michael Chang's first match of his 2003 farewell tour and it was Andre Agassi's first match since winning the 2003 Australia Open. Agassi prevailed 6-4, 6-2 in front of record crowds. On Saturday in Miami, second seeded Agassi defeated Chang by the same scoreline in front of a packed house once again at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park. Taking control of the points from the start of most rallies, Agassi comfortably moved into the third round as he looks to win the NASDAQ-100 Open for the third consecutive year. Agassi, who is coming off a right shoulder injury that forced him to withdraw from the Pacific Life Open last week, was not a sure thing to play here. "I wasn't too hopeful coming here on Monday hitting balls for the first time," says Agassi. "If the tournament had started for me three days sooner, I probably would not have been able to play. But once I got over the initial soreness of the shoulder, I've made some great strides this week." As he left the stadium, Chang dropped his bags in the middle of the court and waved goodbye one final time to this supportive crowd in Miami -- a crowd that saw him play here 12 times and win one title back in 1992. "I know that whenever I walk off the court whether I've won or lost, it's been enjoyable for me," said Chang. "There are many tournaments that have meant alot to me over the years. It's special to come back to a tournament where you feel welcome." In the first match on Stadium Court, Roger Federer kept his hot game intact with a straight set win over qualifier Luis Horna. Federer is third in the 2003 ATP Champions Race and won two titles in February indoors in Marseille and on hard courts in Dubai. Federer leads the ATP circuit with 22 match wins on the year. "I was feeling okay - sweating much because of the humidity, but I got used to it now the last few days so it's okay," said Federer. "For me these tournament s are so tough, because from the first round on you've got very good opponents . If you can beat these guys here in the early rounds it's going to help you in the Slams." The other Saturday afternoon matches went mostly according to form with ninth-seeded Albert Costa, the Roland Garros champion, advancing, 10th-seeded David Nalbandian moving on over lucky loser Flavio Saretta and 14th-seeded Sjeng Schalken also winning his second round match. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.64.85.206
ouch:他們前三年都沒碰頭,今年兩個月就連碰兩次 推 203.203.34.127 03/23