精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
※ [本文轉錄自 Spain_PL 看板] 作者: FCharlotte (企鵝) 看板: Spain_PL 標題: [情報] Agassi Looking for Sixth Miami Title 時間: Sun Mar 30 09:12:53 2003 NASDAQ-100 OPEN MIAMI MARCH 29, 2003 附圖 http://www.atptennis.com/shared/photos/200X150/costa_hard7.jpg
Agassi Looking for Sixth Miami Title Defeats Albert Costa in straight sets to reach NASDAQ-100 Open final for third consecutive year. Andre Agassi broke Albert Costa in the first game of the match and never looked back en route to a 6-2, 6-4 victory in the semifinals Saturday at the NASDAQ- 100 Open. Agassi and Costa played a 17-minute opening game, with 10 deuces, to start the match, and when Agassi broke Costa, he rolled to the first set with another break at 5-2. "You don't normally start off the match with that sort of intensity," said Agassi. "If anything, it showed how intense we were both going to be out there. It was important to get that first break." Costa fought valiantly in the second, trying to match Agassi shot for shot from the baseline. And he had triple break point midway through the second set. "I think I only made one real mistake. It was at this moment, I had a chance to break and I would have had chances to win the match maybe," said Costa. "But I made a mistake and Andre was just playing too well." The aggressive, approach-the-net-game that had worked so effectively for Costa in the previous rounds, including wins over Roger Federer and Guillermo Coria, never got going against Agassi. The eight-time Grand Slam champion simply went one better than Costa in almost every important rally from the baseline, coming up with crosscourt and down-the -line-winners from all parts of the court. "I think today you need to feel good about your overall execution. I needed to return well, I needed to serve well," said Agassi. "If I didn't do that it would have been tough to take control of the point. I needed to be dictating points, I needed to be playing well to beat a guy like Albert." On match point, Costa hit several cross-court backhands pushing Agassi wide, but Agassi responded each time before Costa's shot landed wide. Agassi now looks to win his the tournament in Miami for the sixth time in his career, that would be a first for the 32-year-old, who has also won five titles at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington and Siebel Open in San Jose. Agassi has not lost in Miami since a semifinal defeat to Brazil's Gustavo Kuerten three years ago. "To win for a sixth time here would be special," said Agassi, whose wife Stefanie Graf won five titles in Miami during her career. "It means that I'd let Stefanie display all her trophies." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.225.198.180 ※ 編輯: FCharlotte 來自: 61.225.198.180 (03/30 09:43)
establish:借轉!^^ 推 61.64.85.206 03/30
-- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.64.85.206 ※ 編輯: establish 來自: 61.64.85.206 (03/30 10:22)