精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Agassi Claims Miami Hat-trick Agassi win his third straight - and sixth career - title in Miami. Moya had never before been beyond the fourth round in Miami. Andre Agassi captured a tournament record sixth title (men and women), surpassing his wife Stefanie Graf's total of five, after defeating Carlos Moya to win the NASDAQ-100 Open in Miami. Agassi became the first man to win a third consecutive title in Miami, and he improved his career match record to a tournament-best 55-11. The American, who stretched his lead in the ATP Champions Race 2003 to 103 points over Rainer Schuettler, is off to an 18-1 start this season, his best record since going 19-1 in 1995. He also claimed his third title of the year, having won the Australian Open in January and a fifth title in San Jose in February. The 32-year-old from Las Vegas, who now owns 16 Tennis Masters Series titles, served eight aces and made 71 percent of his first serves. He broke Moya in the fourth game of the opening set and in the seventh and ninth games of the second set. Agassi also saved all three break points against him.En route to his eighth career final in Key Biscayne, Agassi, the No. 2 seed, defeated Michael Chang, Jarkko Nieminen, Mark Philippoussis, Younes El Aynaoui and Albert Costa. Moya, the No. 5 seed who overcame Vincent Spadea, Fernando Vedasco, Nicolas Escude, Robby Ginepri and No. 13 seed Paradorn Srichaphan, was the first Spaniard to reach the final since Sergi Bruguera lost to Thomas Muster in the 1997 final. He was attempting to become the first Spanish title winner in the tournament's 19-year history. Earlier in the tournament, top seed Lleyton Hewitt lost his opening match to Francisco Clavet after receiving a bye in the first round. What the Players Said: Agassi: "Today was certainly a great day for me, serving-wise. I think specifically because it was breezy. Any time you can get a good percentage of first serves in, especially on key points, in windy conditions, it's a big advantage. I did that well today. "This is as good as I could ever hope for. To win Australia means a successful year, regardless of what happens. Let alone to continue the momentum and to capture a couple more tournaments, especially this one, being the big event that it is. And I feel great about how I feel mentally, how I feel physically. Very positive going out on to the clay season, hopeful that everything is going to stay together. Ten days ago, two weeks ago, I wasn't so sure if I was even going to play here. "I thought [the final] was a high standard. I mean, he missed a few - he likes to slam his serve and get away with a few cheap points. The ones he would sort of slam, he missed a lot of those. But it was windy conditions. Hard to just throw it up and sort of chuck it. I got into the points and made him work. I was letting my game go. So I don't think it had much to do with his competitiveness or his fight; it had more to do with me sort of converting on opportunities I got and making some things happen at crucial times. "I'm just so relieved that my shoulder isn't getting my attention on every serve, that I just - it just feels good to go up and go after it. I can't say anything specific right now except I sort of relied on my legs a lot because of my shoulder, and I'm really getting up on it well." Moya: "I think I didn't played a good match at all. He put a lot of pressure, he played great, but if I wanted to win this match, I had to serve very well, and today, I didn't. Also, my return has been very bad. But the key has been his serve and my serve. I'm supposed to serve better than him, and today, I didn't at all. So I had nothing - he didn't give me any chance. "As I said before, I think my return today has been very bad. I've been returning better serves than that with no problem, and today, I don't know what reason, I have not been able to return at all. So, he gets many free points with his serve. He plays very relaxed. There's no way that I can beat him." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.64.85.206