精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Former World No. 1 notches first win in four tries over Spaniard, Moya also advances Early Sunday afternoon action at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park saw the third big upset of the tournament in terms of seeding. With top-seeded Lleyton Hewitt already out and No. 7 seed Marat Safin losing last night, third-seeded Juan Carlos Ferrero was the latest victim, but his loss to Marcelo Rios is perhaps less of a surprise. Rios, who won the title in Miami back in 1998 en route to becoming the world's top player, feels comfortable on these courts and had a good showing in Florida two weeks ago reaching the semifinals of the International Tennis Championships in Delray Beach just 45 minutes north of Crandon Park. And though Rios was 0-3 lifetime going into today's match with Ferrero, they had yet to play on hard courts. "Every time he beat me was on clay," said Rios after his 6-3, 7-6(2) win. "He always plays well on clay, better than me. Today I think I served really good. When you serve good on hard court, it's much easier than on clay. Just to play well, move well and I was hitting my shots about as good as I can." Rios played a solid match, mixing up balls from the baseline, and finishing off with a superb tiebreak punctuated by an angled touch volley on match point. He left the court to a vocal crowd who loves to cheer for the former champion here. In other early afternoon matches, fifth-seeded Carlos Moya, sporting a two- color sleeveless shirt dispatched Tennis Masters Series rookie Fernando Verdasco in straight sets. Verdasco, a qualifier here who grew up in Madrid with two tennis courts in his backyard, had the best week of his professional career with wins over Karol Kucera and Max Mirnyi in the main draw after winning two matches in qualifying. German Rainer Schuettler, who reached the semifinals at the Pacific Life Open last week went down to rising Czech player Radek Stepanek, 6-4, 6-4. ------------------------------------------------------ 恭喜Rios甜蜜復仇…他雖然才175cm,但發球向來真的很不錯… 希望他不要再出身體狀況,一舉打出最佳成績! 另外,他將對上Srichaphan,其實他的對戰紀錄都落後給泰國小子!0-2!!都在 2002年 2002 Stockholm, Hard, F Sweden Hard F Srichaphan 6 7 6 0 6 3 6 2 2002 Washington, Hard, S Hard S Srichaphan 3 6 6 2 6 2 而且在決賽被賞過蛋... bb 看能不能再甜蜜復仇了... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 61.64.85.206