精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
現任法國隊台維斯盃領隊教練Guy Forget,賽前嗆聲, 因為是在Sampras不擅長的紅土場地,他們希望Sampras可以出來給他們'電', 至於Agassi不打,他說,"他不來最好,不過那是本來就可以預期的,他說不打 Davis Cup已經很久了...我們知道他紅土的實力" 以下是新聞內容: French captain pleased Agassi not coming, disappointed Sampras staying away By MICHAEL McDONOUGH September 12, 2002 France's Davis Cup captain knows all about Pete Sampras' struggles on clay, and now Guy Forget is a bit disappointed the U.S. Open champion won't be playing for the United States. ``At one stage, I almost hoped he (Sampras) would come,'' Forget said Thursday. ``He might have messed up and played a mediocre match.'' Sampras extended his record of Grand Slam singles titles to 14 by winning the U.S. Open last Sunday. He then told U.S. captain Patrick McEnroe he wasn't ready to play against defending champion France at Roland Garros, home of the French Open. Sampras lost in the first round of this year's French Open, and has never advanced past the semifinals on its red clay surface. ``Sampras sometimes loses control on clay when he's not feeling confident, '' Forget said. Forget hoped Sampras would draw big crowds to Roland Garros, where France last played the United States in the 1932 final. France won that match 3-2, but trails the United States 6-7 overall. Andre Agassi, who won the 1999 French Open, also declined to play for the United States. That works to France's advantage. ``Yes,'' Forget said. ``We know his ability to play on clay.'' McEnroe's team consists of Andy Roddick, James Blake, Todd Martin and Mardy Fish. The French team includes Sebastien Grosjean, Arnaud Clement, Fabrice Santoro and Mickael Llodra. ``For Agassi, it was predictable (that he wouldn't come) -- he had said so for a long time,'' Forget said of the U.S. Open runner-up. ``For Sampras, it was a bit more surprising.'' The United States has won the Davis Cup 31 times, more than any other nation, but hasn't taken the title since 1995. France, the defending champion, has won nine times. -- Oh, it's such a perfect day I'm glad I spend it with you Oh, such a perfect day You just keep me hanging on You just keep me hanging on -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.203.35.95 ※ 編輯: ouch 來自: 203.203.35.95 (09/14 04:20) > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: ouch (never say never) 看板: tennis 標題: Re: [NEWS]賽前嗆聲,法國隊對Sampras不來很失望... 時間: Sat Sep 14 14:21:15 2002 ※ 引述《onedollar (light)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《ouch (dream championmatch)》之銘言: : : 現任法國隊台維斯盃領隊教練Guy Forget,賽前嗆聲, : : 因為是在Sampras不擅長的紅土場地,他們希望Sampras可以出來給他們'電', : : 至於Agassi不打,他說,"他不來最好,不過那是本來就可以預期的,他說不打 : : Davis Cup已經很久了...我們知道他紅土的實力" : : 以下是新聞內容: : 對不起我知道這個問題很蠢 : 有人可以告訴我agassi的紅土實力嗎 : 我記得他拿過法國公開賽的冠軍呀 : 為什麼那個教練卻說他不來最好呢 : 謝謝 法國隊當然希望紅土實力弱一點的Sampras來啊, 又可以享受電新科美網冠軍的癮... Agassi的紅土實力當然不錯,不過比起前美國球王Courier, 還有紅土不敗Muster,巴西王子Kuerten...等人相較就沒那麼搶眼了, 畢竟Agassi的豐功偉業多半在硬地球場創造的. 紅土的戰績大概只比室內地毯和草地好一點點而已, 他是99年法網冠軍和兩屆亞軍, 超九賽事今年第一次拿到紅土三大場地之一的羅馬站冠軍... -- Oh, it's such a perfect day I'm glad I spend it with you Oh, such a perfect day You just keep me hanging on You just keep me hanging on -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.203.35.95