精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Dokic out of NZ warm up event AP - Jelena Dokic has withdrawn from next week's ASB Classic women's tennis event, one of the opening warm up tournaments for the Australian Open. Auckland tournament director Richard Palmer said that Dokic, ranked 15th in the world, had personal details to sort out and could not come to New Zealand until they were resolved. "She regrets any problems, inconvenience and disappointment she may have caused," Palmer said. "Her coach has stated that she would love to come to New Zealand again at some stage but now is not the right time. "I'm extremely disappointed at this decision especially at such late notice." Dokic, 20, was seeded second for the Auckland tournament that begins on Monday. In November, Dokic said she would end her self-imposed exile from Australia to play in the Australian Open. Dokic fled after her 2001 loss at Melbourne Park when her father accused officials of fixing the draw. The former Australian No.1 has entered the Australian Open representing the country of her birth, Yugoslavia - now known as Serbia-Montenegro. Dokic is also scheduled to play in the adidas International in Sydney from January 11-17 ahead of the Australian Open which begins in Melbourne on January 19. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.80.50.112 > -------------------------------------------------------------------------- < 作者: zerkchu (zerkchu) 看板: Tennis 標題: Re: [情報] Dokic out of NZ warm up event 時間: Sun Jan 4 22:00:50 2004 Dokic退賽的私人原因傳聞... Jelena Dokic’s Australian Open doubt reportedly stems from a break-up with her boyfriend and being dumped by her major sponsor. Set to play in the Open for the first time in three years later this month, the former Australian withdrew from next week’s ASB Classic in Auckland for ‘personal reasons’, which have now been revealed by a report in The Sunday Telegraph. The report claims that Dokic is ‘devastated’ after splitting from her boyfriend of 18 months, Brazilian Formula One test driver Enrique Bernoldi, and also recently not having her three-year deal with Fila renewed. "We just couldn't reach an agreement," Fila Chief Executive Martin Mulligan said. "We are very disappointed that the professional relationship has ended. Personally, I still believe Jelena can be one of the best in the world." Organisers of the adidas International say they have been contacted by Dokic’s agent and told she still intends to play in Sydney, and Australian Open officials still expect Dokic to play at Melbourne Park as well, having not heard otherwise from her management. Dokic left Australia with her father Damir in 2001, claiming the Open draw had been rigged against her, but severed ties with her dad earlier this year, largely because of her relationship with Bernoldi. While her personal life appears in turmoil, and Dokic has slumped to No.15 in the world after a disappointing 2003 season, Tennis Australia Player Development Chairman John Alexander says she should return to Australia. "Personally, if she wanted to return to Australia, it would be good for her," Alexander said. "This is where she grew up and she would have the support of her friends, which would give her a sense of home and stability." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.219.101.22