作者zerkchu (zerkchu)
看板Tennis
標題[情報] Woodbridge anger at Rusedski
時間Tue Jan 13 21:29:29 2004
Last Updated: Monday, 12 January, 2004, 16:27 GMT
Woodbridge anger at Rusedski
Todd Woodbridge has urged Greg Rusedski to stop defending himself in public following his positive drugs test.
The Australian, vice-president of the ATP's player council, urged Rusedski to focus on fighting his case at the official tribunal on 9 February.
"He has an opportunity to prove [his innocence]. If he can, he won't be given a suspension," said Woodbridge.
"He is basically putting himself on trial to the public. I think that was the wrong way to go about it."
Rusedski was told he had tested positive for nandrolone during Great Britain's Davis Cup tie in Morocco in September.
But he revealed his identity last week after rumours began to circulate about the positive test
He complained he had been "singled out" by the ATP, but Woodbridge said that was not case.
"The process has not been tainted by the ATP or the players," Woodbridge.
"It has been busted by Greg opening up.
"My job is to go into the locker room and ram down the guys' throats that they can't do what Greg has done."
Woodbridge defended the testing system used in tennis, saying it mirrored that in place at the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
"I heard him say he wanted to sue the ATP. Then he may as well sue the IOC, the ITF (International Tennis Federation) and the ATP all at once because it is the same guideline the whole way through."
Woodbridge also said Rusedski should not rely on his fellow professionals for support.
"It's a pretty selfish world in tennis. Everybody is playing head-to-head and they want to have a leg up and be just that bit ahead," said Woodbridge.
"They know he is going through turmoil and I think they would be trying to use that to their advantage."
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 203.219.101.22
→ Woodforde:嗯…老魯還是別太渲染的好,靜靜等待事實 推 61.64.84.167 01/13
→ Woodforde:再次被驗證即可.... 推 61.64.84.167 01/13