精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Back Injuries Force Capriati, Mauresmo Out of Indian Wells INDIAN WELLS, Calif. -Back injuries have forced both American Jennifer Capriati and France's Amelie Mauremso to withdraw from this year's Pacific Life Open. Capriati pulled out of the Indian Wells event on Monday due to a recurring back injury she first aggrevated at last November's WTA Tour Championships. The injury kept her away from action for the first seven weeks of the 2004 season. She returned to the court two weeks ago in Dubai where she lost in her first match and reached the semifinals last week in Doha, losing to eventual winner Anastasia Myskina. Capriati will be replaced in the main draw by fellow American Jill Craybas. “We are certainly disappointed that Jennifer will not be with us this year,” said Charlie Pasarell, Pacific Life Open tournament chairman. “We know she has many fans who were eager to see her play, and we wish her a speedy recovery and return to the court.” Mauresmo, a quarterfinalist last year at the event, was scheduled to make her third appearance in Indian Wells, Calif. She has also been dealing with some back discomfort and hasn't played a match since her withdraw at the Australian Open. "I am truly disappointed that I will have to miss the Pacific Life Open. The setting at Indian Wells is one of the most beautiful in the world," said the current world No. 3. "Unfortunately, I will have to let another two weeks pass before I am ready for competition." Mauresmo's next scheduled event is the NASDAQ-100 Open, which starts March 24 in Miami, Fla. "I am confident we've made a lot of progress since I feel stronger every day," Mauresmo said. "I wish the (Pacific Life Open), its organizers, the players and all the fans the best of luck. I know the sun will shine and it will be a great week. I hope to see everyone in Miami. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.219.101.22