精華區beta Tennis 關於我們 聯絡資訊
ATP won't seek new hearing in Rusedski case March 30, 2004 KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. (AP) -- The ATP will not appeal the ruling that cleared 1997 U.S. Open runner-up Greg Rusedski of a doping offense. ``We did choose to not pursue it any further,'' ATP spokesman David Higdon said Tuesday. On March 10, an anti-doping panel made Rusedski the eighth player who failed a drug test to be exonerated because he took supplements supplied by ATP trainers. The ATP could have sought a new hearing at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, Switzerland. Tuesday was the deadline for an appeal, Higdon said. Rusedski tested positive for the steroid nandrolone at a tournament in Indianapolis in July, and he faced a two-year ban if found guilty. The anti-doping panel ruled ``unanimously and unequivocally that Mr. Rusedski was not guilty of a doping offense.'' As part of an agreement with Rusedski not to pursue the matter, the ATP said it will help him return to the tour by encouraging tournaments to grant him wild-card entry. A former top 10 player, Rusedski is now ranked 105th. The ATP said it invited Rusedski to join a task force formed last month seeking ways to reduce or eliminate the possibility of inadvertent doping through nutritional supplements. There have been 21 trace readings of nandrolone since January on the ATP Tour, all below the level that would constitute a doping offense. The ATP has a panel of world experts investigating the source of the steroid. No money was involved in the agreement with Rusedski, the ATP said. Updated on Tuesday, Mar 30, 2004 1:00 pm EST -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.219.101.22