精華區beta Translation 關於我們 聯絡資訊
C. Plinius Calpurniae suae s. Incredibile est quanto desidero tui tenear. In causa amor primum, deinde quod non consuevimus abesse. Inde est quod magnam noctium partem in imagine tua vigil exigo; inde quod interdiu, quibus horis te visere solebam, ad diaetam tuam ipse me, ut verissime dicitur, pedes ducunt; quod denique aeger et maestus ac similis excluso a vacuo limine recedo. Unum tempus his tormentis caret, quo in foro et amicorum litibus conteror. Aestima tu quae vita mea sit, cui requies in labore in miseria curisque solacium. Vale. Pliny the Younger (Caius Plinius Caecilius Secundus) to his (wife) Calpurnia: It is incredible in how much longing for you I am held. The reason first is love, after which is because I have yet to become accustomed to your absence. That is why I pass a great part of the nights wakeful, recalling your image; why in the day, in the hours when I used to visit you, my very feet lead me to your room, so very truly is it yours; why in the end I withdraw heartsick and mournful and even as if shut out by the empty room. Only once did I ever leave behind these torments, when in the forum I was exhausted even of friends by a legal dispute. See for yourself, dear, how my life is, in which respite is in labor, solace in cares and misery. Yours truly. notes: 1. epistulae = letters 2. the Romans used to sign their letters at the beginning 3. I have taken a few liberties in this translation -- 英語文工作室 http://www.wretch.cc/blog/jsengstudio/ 個板 defenestrate -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.124.102.21 ※ 編輯: spacedunce5 來自: 122.124.102.21 (06/03 21:24)
tzuyy:推一個。 06/06 23:07