Thus can my love excuse the slow offence 當背向著妳離去的時候,由於愛,
Of my dull bearer, when from thee I speed: 我饒恕我這匹行走遲緩的坐騎:
From where thou art, why shoud I haste me thence?自妳所在離去,我何需走得飛快?
Till I return, of posting is no need. 除非是回來,我才需要馬不停蹄 。
O what excuse will my poor beast then find, 到了那時呀,風馳電掣也若爬行,
When swift extremity can seem but slow? 我那可憐的牲口,還能得到寬恕?
Then should I spur, though mounted on the wind, 即便急行如風,我也要踢牠加勁;
In winged speed no motion shall I know. 因為我感受不到那飛快的速度。
Then can no horse with my desire keep pace; 到了那時,沒馬可與我渴望並進;
Therefore desire, of perfect'st love being made, 因為我無暇的愛所形成的渴望
Shall neigh(no dull flesh)in his fiery race, (全心全意地)牠將斯鳴,燃燒,奔騰;
But love, for love, thus shall excuse my jade -- 但是我愛牠,因而我就對牠原諒--
Since from thee going he went wilful slow, 因為背妳而去,牠曾經有意磨磳,
Towards thee I'll run, and give him leave to go. 面向妳,我將自己跑,放他去步行