精華區beta W-Philosophy 關於我們 聯絡資訊
the followings are excepted from the website, "ephilosopher", http://www.ephilosopher.com/ , : What is ephilosopher? Ephilosopher is a site devoted to topics of philosophical interest, including issues in ethics, epistemology, logic, metaphysics, law, politics, science, technology, art, and life in general. What does ephilosopher do? Among other things, ephilosopher publishes articles and provides updates on philosophical news and research. Other features of the site include discussion boards, polls, a link directory, a downloads directory, a book coop, a book store, a newsletter...you get the idea. The most important thing ephilosopher does is enable members to comment on, and customize, nearly every aspect of the site. Who can join? Anyone. Many of our members are people with a professional interest in philosophy. However, a good number are just curious people who like to think for themselves. Although ephilosopher is primarily an English site, our membership is international. We have members from Russia, Japan, United States, Canada, China, Turkey, Germany, France, Holland, Ireland, England, Chile, Latvia, and more. Who runs this thing? Paul Neufeld keeps things running on a day to day basis. But much of the content is submitted and edited by ephilosopher members. You can contact Paul or someone equally competent here. What can I contribute? (1) The most important thing you can contribute is your philosophical acumen. If you have something of interest you would like to submit or comment on, do so.... Now. Hurry. Note: If you have an idea for an interview or article contact us. (2) Put a link to ephilosopher on your site, your department's site, or your newsletter. Why should I? Assuming you already have an interest in philosophical discussion, the benefit of doing it here is the opportunity to get feedback from a wide range of people. The basic principle is: give a little, get a lot. Granted, this principle suffers from the "free rider" problem, but that's the idea. In addition, unless you choose to be anonymous (which or course you can), everything you comment on is documented in great detail. So your thoughts remain your own. What's your slogan? We don't have one. I guess if we did it would be something cute like "Ephilosopher.com - Where the truth gets naked". I don't think that's ever been used as a slogan (at least not as of 02/19/03), so don't send nasty emails if your tm's pending. Why isn't it more academic? There are plenty of quality academic philosophy journals available online. I urge everyone to read these journals. But currently this site is not set up to be one of them. That said, we mostly link to papers and articles written by professional philosophers. Ephilosopher's special sections also contain interviews and articles by professionals. However, the rest of the site is open to everyone, including those new to philosophy. We discourage bad argumentation, incoherent rants, mindless blathering, and so forth. But of course it happens. Allowance is made for the fact that bad arguments happen to good people, but those who abuse the site will likely be banned. So don't get any ideas ;) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.248.231 ※ 編輯: popandy 來自: 140.112.248.231 (11/08 14:23)