精華區beta lyrics 關於我們 聯絡資訊
Christy Moore G D C G I'm ninety miles from Dublin town C G I'm in an H-Block cell C G To help you understand me plight C This story now I'll tell G C G I'm on the blanket protest C My efforts must not fail G D C G For I'm joined by men and women C G In the Kesh and Armagh jail It all began one morning I was dragged to Castleragh And though it was three years ago It seems like yesterday For three days kicked and beaten I then was forced to sign Confessions that convicted me Of deeds that were not mine Sentenced in a Diplock court My protest it began I could not wear this prison gear I was a blanket man I'll not accept their status I'll not be criminalised That's the issue in the blocks For which we give our lives Over there in London town Oh how they'd laugh and sneer If they could only make us wear Their loathsome prison gear Prisoners of war that's what we are And that we must remain The blanket protest cannot end Till status we regain I've been beaten round the romper room Because I won't say 'Sir' I've been frog marched down the landing And dragged back by the hair I've suffered degradation Humility and pain Still the spirit does not falter British torture is in vain I've been held in scalding water While me back with deck scrubs was tore I've beenscratched and cut from head to foot Then thrown out on the floor I've suffered mirror searches Been probed by drunken bears I've heard me comrades cry and scream Then utter useless prayers Now with the news that's coming in Our protest must not fail For now we're joined by thirty girls In Armagh 's women's jail So pay attention Irishmen And Irish women too And show the Free State rulers that Their silence will not do Though it's ninety miles from Dublin town It seems so far away There's more attention to our plight In the USA Now you've heard the story Of this filthy living hell Remember ninety miles away I'm still in an H-Block cell -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 218.166.81.18