精華區beta lyrics 關於我們 聯絡資訊
== Ophelia<br> <br> Ophelia was a bride of God<br> A novice Carmelite<br> In sister cells<br> The cloister bells tolled on her wedding night<br> <br> Ophelia was the rebel girl<br> A blue stocking suffragette<br> Who remedied society between her cigarettes<br> <br> And Ophelia was the sweetheart<br> To a nation overnight<br> Curvaceous thighs<br> Vivacious eyes<br> Love was at first sight<br> Love was at first sight<br> <br> Ophelia was a demigoddess in pre-war Babylon<br> So statuesque a silhouette in black satin evening gowns<br> <br> Ophelia was the mistress<br> To a Vegas gambling man<br> Signora Ophelia Maraschina<br> Mafia courtesan<br> <br> Ophelia was the circus queen<br> The female cannonball<br> Projected through five flaming hoops<br> To wild and shocked applause<br> To wild and shocked applause<br> <br> Ophelia was a tempest cyclone<br> A goddamn hurricane<br> Your common sense, your best defense<br> Lay wasted and in vain<br> <br> For Ophelia'd know your every woe<br> And every pain you'd ever had<br> She'd sympathize and dry your eyes<br> And help you to forget<br> Help you to forget<br> And help you to forget<br> <br> Ophelia's mind went wandering<br> You'd wonder where she'd gone<br> Through secret doors down corridors<br> She wanders them alone<br> All alone<br> <br> == Life Is Sweet<br> <br> It's a pity, It's a crying shame<br> He pulled you down again<br> How painful it must be<br> To bruise so easily<br> Inside<br> <br> It's a pity, it's a downright crime<br> It happens all the time<br> You wanna stay little daddy's girl<br> You wanna hide from the viscous world...<br> Outside<br> <br> Don't cry, you know the tears will do no good<br> So dry your eyes<br> Your daddy, he's the iron man<br> Battle ship wrecked on dry land<br> Your mamma, she's a bitter bride<br> She'll never be satisfied<br> You know, and that's not right<br> <br> But don't cry<br> You know the tears will do no good<br> So dry your eyes<br> They told you life is hard<br> Misery from the start, it's dull<br> It's slow, it's painful<br> But I tell you life is sweet<br> In spite of the misery<br> There's so much more, be grateful<br> Well, who do you believe<br> Who will you listen to, who will it be<br> Because it's high time that you decide<br> In your own mind<br> <br> I've tried to comfort you<br> I tried to tell you to be patient<br> That they are blind and they can't see<br> Fortune gonna come one day<br> It all gonna fade away<br> Your daddy the war machine<br> And your momma the long and suffering<br> Prisoner of what she can not see<br> <br> For they told you life is hard<br> Misery from the start, it's dull,<br> It's slow, it's painful<br> But I tell you life is sweet<br> In spite of the misery<br> There's so much more, be grateful<br> So who will you believe<br> Who will you listen to<br> Who will it be<br> Because it's high time that you decide<br> It's time to make up your own<br> Your own state of mind<br> <br> They told you life is long<br> Be thankful when it's done<br> Don't ask for more, be grateful<br> But I tell you life is short<br> Be thankful, because before you know it<br> It will be over<br> Because life is sweet<br> Life is all so very short<br> Life is sweet<br> And life is all so very short<br> Life is sweet<br> Life is sweet</p> == Life Is Sweet<br> <br> It's a pity, It's a crying shame<br> He pulled you down again<br> How painful it must be<br> To bruise so easily<br> Inside<br> <br> It's a pity, it's a downright crime<br> It happens all the time<br> You wanna stay little daddy's girl<br> You wanna hide from the viscous world...<br> Outside<br> <br> Don't cry, you know the tears will do no good<br> So dry your eyes<br> Your daddy, he's the iron man<br> Battle ship wrecked on dry land<br> Your mamma, she's a bitter bride<br> She'll never be satisfied<br> You know, and that's not right<br> <br> But don't cry<br> You know the tears will do no good<br> So dry your eyes<br> They told you life is hard<br> Misery from the start, it's dull<br> It's slow, it's painful<br> But I tell you life is sweet<br> In spite of the misery<br> There's so much more, be grateful<br> Well, who do you believe<br> Who will you listen to, who will it be<br> Because it's high time that you decide<br> In your own mind<br> <br> I've tried to comfort you<br> I tried to tell you to be patient<br> That they are blind and they can't see<br> Fortune gonna come one day<br> It all gonna fade away<br> Your daddy the war machine<br> And your momma the long and suffering<br> Prisoner of what she can not see<br> <br> For they told you life is hard<br> Misery from the start, it's dull,<br> It's slow, it's painful<br> But I tell you life is sweet<br> In spite of the misery<br> There's so much more, be grateful<br> So who will you believe<br> Who will you listen to<br> Who will it be<br> Because it's high time that you decide<br> It's time to make up your own<br> Your own state of mind<br> <br> They told you life is long<br> Be thankful when it's done<br> Don't ask for more, be grateful<br> But I tell you life is short<br> Be thankful, because before you know it<br> It will be over<br> Because life is sweet<br> Life is all so very short<br> Life is sweet<br> And life is all so very short<br> Life is sweet<br> Life is sweet</p> == Kind &amp; Generous<br> <br> La-la-la-la...<br> You've been so kind and generous<br> I don't know how you keep on giving<br> For your kindness, I'm in debt to you<br> For your selflessness, my admiration<br> For everything you've done, you know I'm bound<br> I'm bound to thank you for it<br> <br> La-la-la-la...<br> You've been so kind and generous<br> I don't know how you keep on giving<br> For your kindness, I'm in debt to you<br> And I never could have come, this far without you<br> For everything you've done, you know I'm bound<br> I'm bound to thank you for it<br> <br> La-la-la-la...<br> Oh, I want to thank you for so many gifts you gave<br> The love, the tenderness, I wanna thank you<br> I want to thank you for your generosity, the love<br> And the honesty that you gave me<br> I want to thank you show my gratitude<br> My love, and my respect for you, I want to thank you<br> Oh, I want to thank you, thank you; thank you, thank you<br> I want to thank you, thank you; thank you, thank</p> == Frozen Charlotte<br> <br> Blue like the winter snow in the full moon<br> Black like the silhouettes of the trees<br> Late blooming flowers lie frozen underneath the stars<br> I want you to remember me that way<br> <br> Far away... I'll be gone, will you wait for me here<br> How long... I don't know, will you wait for me here<br> <br> Still as the river grows in December<br> Silent and perfect blinding ice<br> Spring keeps her promises<br> No cold can keep her back<br> I want you to remember me that way<br> <br> Far away... I'll be gone, will you wait for me here<br> How long... I don't know, but wait for me here<br> Follow... don't follow me<br> To where<br> To where I go<br> <br> Far away... I'll be gone, will you wait for me here<br> How long... I don't know, will you wait for me here<br> Follow... don't follow me, to where I have gone<br> Follow... don't follow me, to where I have gone<br> Someday you'll take my place<br> And I'll wait<br> For you there</p> == My Skin<br> <br> Take a look at my body<br> Look at my hands<br> There's so much here that I don't understand<br> Your face-saving promises<br> Whispered like prayers<br> I don't need them<br> <br> Because I've been treated so wrong<br> I've been treated so long<br> As if I'm becoming untouchable<br> Well, contempt loves the silence<br> It thrives in the dark<br> With fine winding tendrils<br> That strangle the heart<br> They say that promises sweeten the blow<br> But I don't need them, no<br> I don't need them<br> <br> I've been treated so wrong<br> I've been treated so long<br> As if I'm becoming untouchable<br> I'm the slow dying flower<br> In the frost killing hour<br> Sweet turning sour and untouchable<br> <br> Oh, I need the darkness<br> The sweetness<br> The sadness<br> The weakness<br> Oh, I need this<br> I need a lullaby<br> A kiss good night<br> Angel sweet love of my life<br> Oh, I need this<br> <br> I'm the slow dying flower<br> In the frost killing hour<br> Sweet turning sour and untouchable<br> Do you remember the way that you touched me before<br> All the trembling sweetness I loved and adored<br> Your face-saving promises whispered like prayers<br> I don't need them<br> <br> Oh, I need the darkness<br> The sweetness<br> The sadness<br> The weakness<br> Oh, I need this<br> I need a lullaby<br> A kiss good night<br> Angel sweet love of my life<br> Oh, I need this<br> <br> Well is it dark enough<br> Can you see me<br> Do you want me<br> Can you reach me<br> Oh, I'm leaving<br> You better shut your mouth<br> And hold your breath<br> And kiss me now<br> And catch your death<br> Oh, I mean this<br> Oh, I mean this</p> == Break Your Heart<br> <br> Oh, people downcast in despair<br> See the disillusion everywhere<br> Hoping that their luck will change<br> It's a little harder every day<br> <br> People struggle, people fight<br> For the simple pleasures in their lives<br> The trouble comes from everywhere<br> It's a little more than you can bear<br> <br> I know it will be hurt<br> I know it will break your heart the way things are<br> And the way they've been<br> And the way they've always been<br> <br> People shallow self absorbed<br> See the push and shove for their rewards<br> With nothing nice on their minds<br> You can read about it in their eyes<br> <br> People ruthless, people cruel<br> The damage that some people do<br> Full of hatred, full of pride<br> It's enough to make you lose your mind<br> <br> I know that it will hurt<br> I know that it will break your heart the way things are<br> And the way they've been<br> Yeah I know that it will hurt<br> I know it will hurt<br> I know that it will break your heart<br> The way things are and the way they've been<br> Don't spread discontent, don't spread the lies<br> Don't make the same mistakes with your own life<br> You know it will always came back<br> <br> Yeah, I know that it will hurt<br> I know that it will hurt<br> I know that it will break your heart<br> The way things are and the way they've been<br> Don't spread discontent, don't spread the lies<br> Don't make the same mistakes with your own life<br> And don't disrespect yourself, don't lose your pride<br> And don't think everybody is gonna chose your side<br> Oh no... Oh no... no..</p> == King of May<br> <br> Farewell today<br> Travel on now<br> Be on your way<br> <br> Go safely there<br> And never worry, never care<br> Beyond this day<br> <br> Farewell tonight<br> To all joy and to all the life<br> Go on, go peacefully<br> We can't keep your majesty<br> Be on your way<br> <br> Make may for the last king of May<br> And make a cardboard crown for him<br> And make your voices one<br> Praise the crazy mother's son, who loved his life<br> <br> Farewell today<br> Travel on now<br> Be on your way<br> Can't bear the very thought that we<br> That we could keep your majesty<br> Be on your way<br> <br> Make way for the last king of May<br> And make a hole in the cloud for him<br> Raise your voices up<br> Drink your loving cup<br> To his long life<br> To his long life<br> Make way for the last king of May<br> Make a hole in the sky for him<br> And raise your voices up<br> Lift your loving cup<br> To his long life<br> His long life<br> <br> And raise your voices up<br> Lift you loving cup<br> To his long life<br> To his long life<br> His long life<br> His long life</p> == Thick As Thieves<br> <br> Remember how it all began<br> The apple and the fall of man<br> The price we paid<br> So the people say<br> <br> Down the path of shame and let us dare<br> To bite the hand that fed us<br> Fairy tale, the moral end<br> Wheel of fortune, never turns again<br> Never turns again<br> <br> The worst of it has come and gone<br> In the chaos of millennium<br> And the falling out<br> Of the doomsday crowd<br> Their last retreat is moving slow<br> They burn their bridges as they go<br> The heretic is beautified<br> Teach the harlot's child to smile<br> <br> Rocked again by indecision<br> Should we make that small incision<br> Testify, to the bleeding heart inside<br> We cut, we scratched<br> We ran, and we slashed<br> And when he opened up at last<br> Found a cul de sac<br> Deepened black<br> Of smoke and ash<br> Deepened black<br> Smoke and ash<br> <br> The wicked king of parody<br> Is kissing all his enemies<br> On the seventh day<br> On the seventh week<br> The tyrant's voice has softened now<br> But just for one forgiving hour<br> Before the rise of his<br> Iron fist again<br> Fist again<br> <br> I've come tonight<br> I've come to know<br> The way we are the way we'll go<br> And to measure this<br> The width of the wide abyss<br> <br> I've come to you in restless sleep<br> Were all your dreams turned bitter sweet<br> With voodoo doll philosophies<br> Day gloy holy trinities<br> The wicked raft that leaves the shore<br> Of ferries drunken souls a board<br> Pilgrims march to Compostela<br> Of visions of their saint in yellow<br> <br> Follow deep in trance<br> Lost in a catatonic dance<br> Know no future<br> Damn the past<br> Blind war, ecstatic<br> Safe at last</p> == Effigy<br> <br> I'm an effigy<br> A parody of<br> Who I appear to be<br> Put your flaming torches under me<br> <br> I'm an effigy<br> A parody of<br> Who I appear to be<br> Put your flaming torches under me<br> <br> I'm an effigy<br> A parody of<br> Who I appear to be<br> Put your flaming torches under me<br> <br> Endless so far in myself, follow me<br> <br> fade to Tibetan singer, Yungchen Lhamo</p> == The Living<br> <br> What's it like there outside<br> With the living, with the living<br> Here I've found a place I can hide<br> From the living, from the living<br> Because I don't care to stay with the living<br> <br> Oh, the bottle has been to me<br> My closest friend, my worst enemy<br> For a flavor I walked a fine life<br> Squandered it all and wasted my time<br> And I don't stand a chance among the living<br> <br> For the lovers I've gambled and lost<br> Count my mistakes whatever the cost<br> I'll go off, I'll make myself scarce<br> Oh, come tomorrow<br> You won't find me here<br> <br> Because I don't care to stay with the living<br> I don't think I'll remain with the living<br> <br> And I don't care to stay with the living<br> No, I don't care to stay</p> == When They Ring the Golden Bells<br> <br> There's a land beyond the river<br> That they call the sweet forever<br> And we only reach that shore by faith's decree<br> One by one we'll gain the portals<br> There to dwell with the immortals<br> When they ring the golden bells for you and me<br> <br> Don't you hear the bells now ringing<br> Don't you hear the angels singing<br> 'Tis the glory hallelujah Jubilee<br> In that far off sweet forever,<br> Just beyond the shining river<br> When they ring the golden bells for you and me<br> <br> We shall know no sin or sorrow<br> In that heaven of tomorrow<br> When our hearts shall sail beyond the silvery sea<br> We shall only know the blessing<br> Of our Father's sweet caressing<br> When they ring the golden bells for you and me<br> <br> Don't you hear the bells now ringing<br> Don't you hear the angels singing<br> 'Tis the glory hallelujah Jubilee<br> In that far off sweet forever<br> Just beyond the shining river<br> When they ring the golden bells for you and me<br> <br> When our days shall know their number<br> When in death we sweetly slumber<br> When the King commands the spirit to be free<br> Nevermore with anguish laden<br> We shall reach that lovely Eden<br> When they ring the golden bells for you and me<br> When they ring the golden bells for you and me</p> == == == -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 202.175.170.212