精華區beta movie 關於我們 聯絡資訊
新聞網址:http://ppt.cc/d~8a www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/opinion/my-medical-choice.html?smid=pl-share My Medical Choice 為了健康,我選擇... By ANGELINA JOLIE Published: May 14, 2013 出處:http://www.nytimes.com 版權所有 1.紐約時報 2.安吉莉娜裘莉與布萊德彼特與她的孩子們 3.可能不是ppt 4.絕對不是我... MY MOTHER fought cancer for almost a decade and died at 56. She held out long enough to meet the first of her grandchildren and to hold them in her arms. But my other children will never have the chance to know her and experience how loving and gracious she was. 我的母親與癌症奮戰近十年,在五十六歲那年離開人世。她堅持到第一個孫女誕生之時, 還親自用雙手將她抱在懷裡。但是,我的老二與老三(Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt, Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt)永遠沒有機會見到祖母,也無法得知祖母是位 如此慈愛與優雅的女士。 We often speak of “Mommy’s mommy,” and I find myself trying to explain the illness that took her away from us. They have asked if the same could happen to me. I have always told them not to worry, but the truth is I carry a “faulty” gene, BRCA1, which sharply increases my risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer. 孩子們與我常常談起「媽咪的媽咪」,我發覺自己需要向孩子們「解釋」祖母離開 我們的原因,需要去談論這個疾病。孩子們曾經問起我會不會遇上這種事。我總是 告訴他們沒什麼好擔心的。不過,老實說,我其實有著「BRCA1」基因,一種讓人比起 一般人更容易罹患乳癌、卵巢癌的「壞基因」。 My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman. 醫生估計我將有八成七的機率罹患乳癌,五成的機率罹患卵巢癌,不過,每個有著 「BRCA1」基因的女性情況會有所不同。 Only a fraction of breast cancers result from an inherited gene mutation. Those with a defect in BRCA1 have a 65 percent risk of getting it, on average. 先天性基因突變導致乳癌的情況僅佔所有乳癌患者的一小部份。平均來說,有著 「BRCA1」基因的女性比一般人有高出六成五的機率罹癌。 Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy. I started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex. 當我認清這個事實,我決定採取行動,儘一切可能降低風險。我決定對我兩邊的乳房 進行預防性質的乳房切除術。我選擇切除乳房,因為罹患乳癌風險較高,罹患卵巢癌 較低且手術更複雜。 On April 27, I finished the three months of medical procedures that the mastectomies involved. During that time I have been able to keep this private and to carry on with my work. 四月二十七號,我結束了為期三個月的療程。期間,我得以保持低調,並且繼續工作。 But I am writing about it now because I hope that other women can benefit from my experience. Cancer is still a word that strikes fear into people’s hearts, producing a deep sense of powerlessness. But today it is possible to find out through a blood test whether you are highly susceptible to breast and ovarian cancer, and then take action. 但是,我選擇將這一切分享出來,是因為我希望所有女性都能從我身上得到一些啟發。 癌症目前依然是個入眼會令人心生恐懼的字眼,讓人感到無力。但是,今日的醫學水 平已經可以透過血液檢驗來得知個人是否為乳癌、卵巢癌的高風險群,然後採取行動。 My own process began on Feb. 2 with a procedure known as a “nipple delay,” which rules out disease in the breast ducts behind the nipple and draws extra blood flow to the area. This causes some pain and a lot of bruising, but it increases the chance of saving the nipple. 我個人在二月二日展開療程,首先是所謂的「乳頭阻斷」術,醫師會將乳頭後的組織 切除,並將較多的血管導向原處。手術帶來些疼痛,還留下不少淤血,但是增加乳頭 被保留下來的機率。 Two weeks later I had the major surgery, where the breast tissue is removed and temporary fillers are put in place. The operation can take eight hours. You wake up with drain tubes and expanders in your breasts. It does feel like a scene out of a science-fiction film. But days after surgery you can be back to a normal life. 兩周後,我接受主要的手術,乳房組織被移除,並置入暫時性質的填充物。手術約 持續了八小時。醒來時,妳會見到胸前有插管及一些輔具。這一切的確有點像是科 幻電影。但是,數日之後,妳將可以回到正常的生活中。 Nine weeks later, the final surgery is completed with the reconstruction of the breasts with an implant. There have been many advances in this procedure in the last few years, and the results can be beautiful. 九個禮拜之後,我進行最後一個階段「乳房重建」。過去幾年來,這個領域已有相當大的 進展,成效可以是非常美麗的。 I wanted to write this to tell other women that the decision to have a mastectomy was not easy. But it is one I am very happy that I made. My chances of developing breast cancer have dropped from 87 percent to under 5 percent. I can tell my children that they don’t need to fear they will lose me to breast cancer. 我要告訴每位女性,決定要切除自己乳房並不容易。但是,我很高興自己做了這個決 定。如此一來,我罹患乳癌的機率將從八成七降到百分之五以下。我可以告訴我的孩 子們,他們不用擔心媽咪被乳癌帶走。 It is reassuring that they see nothing that makes them uncomfortable. They can see my small scars and that’s it. Everything else is just Mommy, the same as she always was. And they know that I love them and will do anything to be with them as long as I can. On a personal note, I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity. 看到孩子們沒有因此有不安,更讓人放心。他們可以看到術後留下的疤痕,但也只有 這樣。媽咪依然是媽咪。而且,他們知道我是如此的愛著他們,為了好好的陪著他們, 我願意做任何事。在個人層面來講,我不覺得我「不再那麼女人」。我堅強的做了一 個決定,能做出這個決定讓我感到自己是非常具有自主權力的,而這絕對無損我的女 性本色。 I am fortunate to have a partner, Brad Pitt, who is so loving and supportive. So to anyone who has a wife or girlfriend going through this, know that you are a very important part of the transition. Brad was at the Pink Lotus Breast Center, where I was treated, for every minute of the surgeries. We managed to find moments to laugh together. We knew this was the right thing to do for our family and that it would bring us closer. And it has. 能有一個關愛且支持我的夥伴,Brad Pitt,實在是非常幸運。所以,男士們,如果你 的另一半正經歷這一切,你是這個轉變過程中非常重要的角色。我在 Pink Lotus 中心 接受治療的每一分鐘,Brad 都在我身旁。我們還試著逗彼此笑。我們知道對整個家庭來 說,這是一件對的事,而且我們會因此更緊密的連結在一起。真的。 For any woman reading this, I hope it helps you to know you have options. I want to encourage every woman, especially if you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, to seek out the information and medical experts who can help you through this aspect of your life, and to make your own informed choices. 女士們,我希望能讓妳知道,妳是有選擇的。我要鼓勵所有女人,特別是有乳癌、 卵巢癌家族病史的妳,向專業醫師尋求知識與其他協助來面對人生的這個面向,並 做出決定。 I acknowledge that there are many wonderful holistic doctors working on alternatives to surgery. My own regimen will be posted in due course on the Web site of the Pink Lotus Breast Center. I hope that this will be helpful to other women. 我知道還有許多其他領域的優秀醫師為手術之外的乳癌療法做出努力。我個人在 Pink Lotus 中心接受的療程將會公開。我希望這麼作能幫助其他女性。 Breast cancer alone kills some 458,000 people each year, according to the World Health Organization, mainly in low- and middle-income countries. It has got to be a priority to ensure that more women can access gene testing and lifesaving preventive treatment, whatever their means and background, wherever they live. The cost of testing for BRCA1 and BRCA2, at more than $3,000 in the United States, remains an obstacle for many women. 根據世界衛生組織資料指出,每年單單乳癌就導致四十五萬八千人死亡,主要是發生 在中到低收入水平國家的女性身上。讓越來越多女性,不論出身背景,能夠接受乳癌 相關的基因檢驗,還有得以接受預防性的治療手段,應該是十分重要的事。針對 BRCA 1 與 BRCA 2 的檢驗,在美國就需要超過三千元美金,這對許多女性來說仍是 個不容易的事情。 I choose not to keep my story private because there are many women who do not know that they might be living under the shadow of cancer. It is my hope that they, too, will be able to get gene tested, and that if they have a high risk they, too, will know that they have strong options. 我選擇公開這一切,因為許多女性仍然不知道自己活在癌症陰影的籠罩之下。我希望, 這些女性都可以接受基因檢測,而且,假設結果告訴她們風險的確偏高,她們可以知道 自己是有選擇的。 Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of. 人生充滿挑戰。我們最不該害怕去面對的,是那些我們可以正面迎上,並採取行動 來因應的挑戰。 Angelina Jolie is an actress and director. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 1.175.174.87
purplebfly:會不會太早切除了??為了預防而切除?? 05/14 20:15
dulamo:所以還是可以露囉 05/14 20:15
joh1214:一樓的閱讀能力還好吧...當然是預防啊 感人推 05/14 20:30
nosweating:推! 真的是為母則強! 希望他們一家平安健康快樂~ 05/14 20:35
OldYellowDog:這需要很大的勇氣...尤其是對一名明星而言 05/14 20:35
bearmiki:推!!! 05/14 20:35
fantasi111:推母愛 05/14 20:41
johnnyjaiu:真的很不容易… 給推 05/14 20:46
johnnyjaiu:只是另一半有沒有她這樣的體認,就很難說了 05/14 20:47
suegi:感謝翻譯,先推再看 05/14 20:50
vivian0778:真的很感人 05/14 21:01
ashin1069:她的個性而言 她的決定不覺得意外 祝福她 05/14 21:12
leisesnow:這消息真令人震撼<囧> 05/14 21:12
Sk8erBoi:真女人! 05/14 21:16
keith1992:推一個 滿感動的 05/14 21:21
bestcpbl:乳癌的機率將從八成七降到只有百分五 這還不夠嗎? 05/14 21:24
dahlia7357:太偉大了!!!! 05/14 21:24
Refauth:路過 05/14 21:25
NANJO1569:大推~她真的很勇敢! 05/14 21:36
※ 編輯: hsupohsiang 來自: 1.175.174.87 (05/14 21:42) millyhh:轉錄至看板 Anti-Cancer 05/14 21:42
Jenny5566:推~很感動 尤其是對於一位大明星而言不容易 05/14 21:50
kanayu:很感動!真女人!謝謝翻譯~ 05/14 22:03
torukumato:裘莉真勇士 小布也很棒 05/14 22:06
AugustDawn:Angelina好勇敢!!! 好感動 05/14 22:12
Anail:很勇敢而且告訴了大眾 做了另一種選擇的示範 05/14 22:17
Anail:就算一般人得知這種手術應該也不敢做 但有她帶頭就不同了 05/14 22:19