推 hahastarr: 04/10 12:08
A Sad Child by Margaret Atwood
悲喪的小孩
http://www.zdic.net/cd/ci/12/ZdicE6Zdic82ZdicB2225419.htm
(雖然我以為用悲哀一詞即可)
你悲喪因為你悲喪。 You're sad because you're sad.
它是心靈。它是年紀。它是化學。 It's psychic. It's the age. It's chemical.
去看個諮商員或拿個藥, Go see a shrink or take a pill,
或摟住像是盲目娃娃你的悲喪 or hug your sadness like an eyeless doll
你該去睡覺。 you need to sleep.
好,所有的小孩悲喪 Well, all children are sad
但有些克服了它。 but some get over it.
算數你的福賜。要再更好一點, Count your blessings. Better than that,
買個帽子。買個外套或寵物。 buy a hat. Buy a coat or pet.
踢起舞去忘掉。 Take up dancing to forget.
忘掉什麼? Forget what?
你的悲喪,你的陰影, Your sadness, your shadow,
不管是什麼那個搗著你 whatever it was that was done to you
在草坪派對的那天 the day of the lawn party
當你走進來太陽曬紅臉, when you came inside flushed with the sun,
你的嘴噘著糖, your mouth sulky with sugar,
穿著你新的洋裝有緞帶 in your new dress with the ribbon
而且有冰淇淋漬, and the ice-cream smear,
而且在洗手間對自己說, and said to yourself in the bathroom,
我不是受寵愛的小孩。 I am not the favorite child.
我親愛的,當它前來 My darling, when it comes
徹底成就它 right down to it
而光敗退而迷霧滾湧進去 and the light fails and the fog rolls in
而你陷入你翻扭過的身體 and you're trapped in your overturned body
在條毯子或燃燒的車下, under a blanket or burning car,
而紅烈焰正由你滲出 and the red flame is seeping out of you
而在你頭邊點燃路面 and igniting the tarmac beside you head
或者地板,或者枕頭, or else the floor, or else the pillow,
我們沒有一個是; none of us is;
或者我們都是。 or else we all are.
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
※ 編輯: searenata 來自: 123.204.2.180 (04/10 12:16)