※ [本文轉錄自 love-vegetal 看板 #1HPPyPRw ]
A POEM TO MY VEGAN DAUGHTER (by Heather Leughmyer)
獻給我的維根小天使 /希瑟・留米爾
You'll never watch an elephant standing on her head,
大象倒立的模樣,吸引不了妳的目光
You will see amazing acrobats and painted clowns instead.
雜耍高手和繽紛小丑才真正值得妳欣賞
You'll never color Easter eggs or eat a "Happy" Meal,
復活彩蛋或滿漢全席,全不在妳心上
Instead you'll give pigs belly rubs; you'll know chickens dream and feel.
小豬的圓肚和小雞的酣夢都在妳的夢鄉
The clamor from the ice cream truck won't be music to your ears,
冰淇淋攤販周邊的喝采不是歡騰聲響
You will know your Soy Delicious caused no suffering or tears.
妳兀自品味舌尖豆乳冰淇淋的喜樂安詳
You may hear a gentle gobble as you softly stroke a turkey,
當妳摩挲火雞,牠溫柔的啼鳴正颻颺
And give thanks that she's alive as you're eating your Tofurky.
佐著這生命的喜悅妳能安享野菜豆腐揚
While other kids buy leather shoes and eat at Chuck E. Cheese,
當其他孩子踏著皮鞋,喝著乳香世家
You'll be kissing cows and feeding goats and saying "soy please!"
妳會吻吻乳牛拍拍山羊:「何不來杯豆漿?」
Being different can be hard I know. This world is often cruel,
這世界對太多事實無動於衷,我懂妳需要多大勇氣來與眾不同
Maybe you'll be laughed at by the other kids at school.
或許還得忍受同儕的冷嘲熱諷
But compassion is a vital gift that too few share with others,
但當妳懂得憐憫,這件人們最吝於分享的重大禮物
And your heart will not be filled with guilt the way it plagues your mother's.
便不會步上妳母親這條背負罪惡的艱辛道路
So don't ever be embarrassed or ashamed because you care,
記得永遠別因為關心,而窘迫喪氣
You'll be uniquely beautiful with an empathy that's rare.
妳的心因為憐憫而有了無與倫比的美麗
And when you see a rescued lamb and touch his thick warm fleece,
當妳感受到一身厚實溫暖,擁住那幸免於難的羔羊
You'll feel no sadness or remorse; you can look at him in peace.
沒有悲傷沒有悔恨,只有無盡平靜與安詳
What took so long for me to learn, I'll start teaching you from birth,
甫一出生妳便開始學習,這門我跌跌撞撞摸索半生的課題
And your footprint will be much tinier on this fragile earth.
在這脆弱不堪的藍色星球上,妳遺下的會是最溫柔而輕盈的足跡
翻譯:jennylin1553
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
※ 轉錄者: ya0380 (1.169.66.66), 時間: 04/11/2013 21:18:33
※ 編輯: ya0380 來自: 1.169.66.66 (04/11 21:19)