精華區beta studyabroad 關於我們 聯絡資訊
: 再加上因為我有拿學校裡面的獎助學金 : 要保持一定水準的GPA It depends on what goals you want to accomplish. From my observation, less than 5 % of Taiwanese students plan to work in the US after they graduate from US higher education system. So they only focus on GPA, not any other things. But if you are like me, who wants to work in the US, then you also have to do volunteering in US students associations to show your leaderships and service spirit. My major MIS(management information system) requires internship experiences before I can get a real MIS job in the US. Before the internship, I need volunteering to show that I am a team player and I am a people person. Right now I am working in an American company in the US. Everything pays off. Even though I was under huge pressure... at that time I was a TA, and a club officer and work 40 hours per week and take 9 credit hours in a graduate school...... I was nervous every day and sometimes worry a lot and cannot sleep. But right now I have a working visa and I feel it is worthy the pain of overworking. : 我的前室友 一個美國女生 : 就壓力大到辦休學了 Americans can quit or withdraw. We as foreign students cannot. Because USCIS requires us to study full time; other wise, we are out of status. I was blessed that my church friends and coworkers and professors are very supportive to me. They always encourage me while I was pretty shaky and worried. Now I regain the peace again. Thank God. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 68.210.28.90
orangesea:good for you :) 01/21 12:00